thank you daniel for this website

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks daniels! I was a big fan even when you posted on the LAP forums ::Before you were big BIG::everyone get off my jock, I was just stating my opinion when I said the site probably got paid from banners but I was wrong, no big deal. seriously, everyone get off my jock ASAPteneight

agreed, thank you, i live here, "love" here and am officially raising my sunkist up as a toast... loosely translating into i am officially a nerdside note: jayson, if you read this post, fedex me some sunkist and send me the tracking # yo

Thanks for all the kind words. The site it a lot of fun for me and I look forward to reading the threads, even the kooky ones! As for who pays for this site, I have recieved exactly 0$ from any online poker sites. As for advertising, there is precisely one Oakley banner on the site. What do I get for that? Well, for one I like Oakley stuff and they give me stuff when I ask for it. Up to this point, I'm not exactly sure how much running this site has cost me, but I would guesstimate that since it went up I have put in 80,000 to 100,000 of my own money. Now, I'm not bragging y'all, just correcting :-) For those who don't believe that I genuinely enjoy this site and feel like I'm doing it for self promotion... well, bad read on your part. Those that know me know that I do this because I actually do care about what happens here. The guys who came out for the FCP weekend may be able to give you their impression. I'm hoping, and am fully confident, that they saw how much I cared about them, and all of the members of the site... even the nutcase Ron Mexico! :-)
I hope this does not get me banned, but I think it is safe to assume that Ron just nut in his pants.
Thanks for all the kind words. The site it a lot of fun for me and I look forward to reading the threads, even the kooky ones! As for who pays for this site, I have recieved exactly 0$ from any online poker sites. As for advertising, there is precisely one Oakley banner on the site. What do I get for that? Well, for one I like Oakley stuff and they give me stuff when I ask for it. Up to this point, I'm not exactly sure how much running this site has cost me, but I would guesstimate that since it went up I have put in 80,000 to 100,000 of my own money. Now, I'm not bragging y'all, just correcting :-) For those who don't believe that I genuinely enjoy this site and feel like I'm doing it for self promotion... well, bad read on your part. Those that know me know that I do this because I actually do care about what happens here. The guys who came out for the FCP weekend may be able to give you their impression. I'm hoping, and am fully confident, that they saw how much I cared about them, and all of the members of the site... even the nutcase Ron Mexico! :-)
80,000 to 100,000? Wow, someone is ripping you off big time. It doesn't cost anywhere near that amount to run a personal type website like this. Even with the bandwidth costs, server costs, domain name costs, and web design/maintenance all in one.
80,000 to 100,000? Wow, someone is ripping you off big time. It doesn't cost anywhere near that amount to run a personal type website like this. Even with the bandwidth costs, server costs, domain name costs, and web design/maintenance all in one.
if - this were "just a personal site" with a forum - ran only - by one person with no future expansion, goals, dreams for it then sure, i'd agree.you're not factoring in site management, reporting, a few people being on call to make sure things run smoothly, content research and development, upcoming services, etc. don't forget it takes a team to do those things and i hope you're not suggesting i'm paid that?side note: if there wasn't a team behind daniel, the site could very well have gone south; that doesn't happen because daniel has his troops and we all take care of things as a team... which is why the site is here.
What we're trying to say is that Daniel's paying you too much. 8)
actually, that's definitely not the case; there's a team behind the site, it's not just daniel negreanu and chris bigler anymore... hasn't been for a while - since sometime last year when we started the community forums - there's a couple years or so in there and what i'll loosely call plans in progress to build upon fcp's strong foundation. but... i will remind you guys of one thing: a little thing called weekend at daniel's... which i'm positive cost a nice penny or three to make possible.
The figure I came up with includes airfare and accomodations for the Logo winners, the WSOP Fantasy Prizes, the Survivor Hockey prize, etc.
This stuff included.Oh, btw, since your here, I deserve thumps for how badly I'm going to stomp the Neg O.muwhahahaha

My day is not complete without FCP. Believe it or not, I read so much more than I post.Daniel, I have been a fan of yours for a while now. I apprieciate everything that you do. There are so few people in any profession that goes out of their way for their fans like you do. Thanks so much for being such a great leader in the poker community.Chris, you are a fabulous web guy. You respond so quickly to the few issues that arise. I miss seeing your post but I know you have your hands full. This site is great and the support is awesome!Jayson, what would we do without you? Your energy and enthusiam is great. Many moderators get obsessed with policing but you are such a part of the community, sometimes I forget you are a mod. That shows that you have a mature character yet you know how to have fun and keep the forum active. Thanks everyone who post on this site. I love that fact that we have some really cool poker chicks and a great group of people who keep this site going. Props to DNA4ever for the Negreanu Open (though I need a reminder... I am old and forgetful! ) Props to all the nutcases that make me laugh everyday. Props to those that give us details on play and great advice on strategy. And Props to all of those that post in Off Topic... the only section that I feel I have anything worthwhile to contibute! ;)OK.... long winded as usual but I LOVE THIS SITE! Thanks EVERYONE and especially Daniel! :club:

if - this were "just a personal site" with a forum - ran only - by one person with no future expansion, goals, dreams for it then sure, i'd agree.you're not factoring in site management, reporting, a few people being on call to make sure things run smoothly, content research and development, upcoming services, etc. don't forget it takes a team to do those things and i hope you're not suggesting i'm paid that?side note: if there wasn't a team behind daniel, the site could very well have gone south; that doesn't happen because daniel has his troops and we all take care of things as a team... which is why the site is here.
It's a personal site in the sense that it's not some huge corporate website like Yahoo! or something. There aren't any massive file downloads on this website that would eat up lots of bandwidth or disk space. I wasn't aware that the prizes and stuff that Daniel gives out were factored into his estimate though. That would explain a lot.However, I'm just saying that to keep a forum and a website that has an image gallery and some news posts does not require thousands of dollars. There are larger sites out there that cost way less to run.But I guess it's not a problem for Daniel, which is okay I guess. He has other things to worry about I'm sure.I'd also like to thank Daniel for this website. I enjoy reading his journal entries and posting on the forums as well. I'm a big fan of Daniel's and it's nice to see into his world sometimes.Oh, and he played great at the WSOP main event this year, just such a bad run of cards!
As for who pays for this site, I have recieved exactly 0$ from any online poker sites. As for advertising, there is precisely one Oakley banner on the site. Well, for one I like Oakley stuff and they give me stuff when I ask for it.
1. This is a quote from Poker Royalty (DN's management group):"By securing an impressive list of corporate consulting projects and player endorsements, Poker Royalty has created synergies between the following brands and the poker world: Oakley"Sounds to me like Poker Royalty has told DN that he should maybe start liking Oakley (at least publicly), and put the logo on his site themselves. 2. Perhaps there are no direct advertising revenues, but there's a reason Poker Royalty operates this website, and others like it. a) The exposure continues to shape DN's transformation from player to celebrity. Results are equally as important as image when it comes to player marketing (i.e. Why is Phil Laak better known than poor John Juanada), and while DN is certainly a skilled poker player, and has serious accomplishments under his belt, that alone is not enough to become a recognizable, endorsable player that can command whatever $ he recieves for his relationship with The Wynn. B) The poker vitamins. Who's going to be dumb enough to buy those things at $50 a pop? Most likely the poor 16 year old kid who has big bad dreams of becoming the next DN. This isn't a legitimite product being marketed at a reasonable price, this is pure exploitation of DN's name and reputation (not to mention the other stars who are supporting it). I'm not saying the product is worthless, because I haven't tried it, but I'd be seriously surprised if production costs were over $5/bottle. I looked through the ingrediants and it appears to be a simple adrenaline blocker one can pick up for $20 at your local supplement store. c) Indirect advertising: He does gets to advertise for poker rooms he supports, new products he's helped create etc. etc.3. If it sounds like I'm bashing DN I'm not... and I'm also not saying he doesn't enjoy the forums, nor the input from them. I respect Daniel as a businessperson, as he's done a better job of marketing himself (which is his main product) than 95% of the players out there. I don't know him personally, obviously, but he seems like a good enough guy. I just encourage people to look at the larger picture here. P.S. - The FCP weekend was a genuinely nice gesture.
How funny is that? Thank you kind sir, I think. It's good to be noticed by the man himself. I enjoy this site more than I ever thought I would and I appreciate you having it. And I appreciate you calling me a nutcase. Everyone is jealous you pointed me and only me out. HAHAHAHA.

As a web designer I can appreciate all the time that goes into designing, maintaining and analyzing stats from a website.It is awesome that Danial lets us peek into the world of a successful poker pro. He is an open book (on what he can legally discuss) on upcoming projects, thoughts, poker tourneys etc. We all know celebrities, who refuse autographs and hid from fans. This includes musician, amateur and pro sports figures as well. This site is meant to be part poker and part lifestyle. Thanks for all the time and effort you put in. Now go win some tournaments this year!

Just curious...is the Chris Bigler on this site the same as that dude on the WPT who kept saying "yeah baby" after he won a pot?....I like that guy
lol... sorry for laughing admin. I just know the answer thats all

While i don't post alot, i do read this site almost everyday.Lots of good advice, and tips.I wish i would have walked up to you when i saw you at the Wynn in June, but i didn't want to bother you.Someday :wink: Thank you much for the site, and your inspiration (in more than just poker)

I would just like to add my thanks to you DN for a great site, full of remarkable folks. I daily get a good laugh from some of the posts. And congrats Ron for getting the 'mention'.

I also would like to say thanks Dan, as others have asaid i dont post here much, but i do read the site everyday, learn lots of good tips, also i dont know of any other person who has opened up there life as much as you do in your blogs, you do care about your fans, and thats why we all like ya, you are not afraid to be mad or sad or happy in your blogs, you are more open then i think any of us could be, so thanks again for making a great site, and giving a small peak at what living a poker life as a pro is like....Thanks again MonsterP.S : wishes you many many more wins...