what do you say when you suck out?

Even the top pros, like all of us, hit their 4 outers and suck out at times, though most us (hopefully) get our money in with the best of it more often than not. Usually, if I suck out, I'm the first to congratulate my opponent for outplaying me and apologize for the bad beat, assuming they played the hand well to start with (eg, calling my raise with J,4 then hitting a flop of J,4,4 vs. my pocket A's - if I suck out then I'll let em have it). Started thinking lately though - the game is not a frickin popularity contest to see who can be most liked - what do I care if the guy hates me and thinks I'm a donk. I think next time I suck out I'll really talk some sh*t and see if I can get the guy to go on tilt. More profitable strategy?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the top pros, like all of us, hit their 4 outers and suck out at times, though most us (hopefully) get our money in with the best of it more often than not.  Usually, if I suck out, I'm the first to congratulate my opponent for outplaying me and apologize for the bad beat, assuming they played the hand well to start with (eg, calling my raise with J,4 then hitting a flop of J,4,4 vs. my pocket A's - if I suck out then I'll let em have it).  Started thinking lately though - the game is not a frickin popularity contest to see who can be most liked - what do I care if the guy hates me and thinks I'm a donk.  I think next time I suck out I'll really talk some sh*t and see if I can get the guy to go on tilt.  More profitable strategy?
LOL

I tell them, "wow, you had me that hand, I didn't think you were that strong, nice hand." Usually they then tell me to shut up, and it is at this point that I know they are starting to tilt, and I now control them.

Even the top pros, like all of us, hit their 4 outers and suck out at times, though most us (hopefully) get our money in with the best of it more often than not.  Usually, if I suck out, I'm the first to congratulate my opponent for outplaying me and apologize for the bad beat, assuming they played the hand well to start with (eg, calling my raise with J,4 then hitting a flop of J,4,4 vs. my pocket A's - if I suck out then I'll let em have it).  Started thinking lately though - the game is not a frickin popularity contest to see who can be most liked - what do I care if the guy hates me and thinks I'm a donk.  I think next time I suck out I'll really talk some sh*t and see if I can get the guy to go on tilt.  More profitable strategy?
If someone calls me with a J4 and hits that kind of flop or close to it and cracks my AA, I'm sure that I'm in almost every pot they are in, especially if they raise, and I will chase like you wouldn't believe. "Call my raise with a J4? I'll teach you focker." yeah, I become a fish, but only if someone pisses me off.

I don't say anything, I don't owe them any apologies. Nobody ever apologizes to me when they suck out on me.I've just been on a bad run of luck lately (i.e. way more suckouts than usual) so if I actually suck out on someone else I'm usually thinking '50 more of those and I'm even with the poker gods'...Yes I'm bitter right now...

hey they where sooooted!!!!!!!!!

In home games with my buddies if I'm contemplating calling an all-in, I like to annouce that I'm planning on sucking out before I call. Then if my cards come, I say "I told you, I just had a feeling". That usually goes over pretty well...