daniel... you freaked me out!

Absolutely amazing. It's sad to know that he is toast. He'll be back and be using those great reading skills to cash.*L*T*

Sorry the cards shit on you at the World Series. It was great to watch a true poker master at work. I think we all benefited from watching DN's reads and laydowns.On the bright side, at least you got to talk to Shannon Elizabeth. God she is hot.

all is relative, gents. I think with pocket aces, I'll take my chances to double up against K/9 every time.And I love the way Daniel plays. His skills aside, I love his image and demeanor at the table. Glad to know there's a vast and successful departure from the stoicism at the table. Gives me hope.Results not withstanding, I wonder if Daniel would again check the nut straight on the flop with the spades out there.

At first I wanted to say something like "Blah blah, stop kissing his ass".Instead I will say that everybody should take this as a huge lesson on how to play a large event. Never did he get desperate enough to make a call he was uncomfortable with, or get too ancy and push with a big draw where he sensed he was behind and would be called. That, for me, was by far the most impressive part. As far as his laydowns, they weren't as incredible as everybody is blowing themselves over. They were very solid, and very well played, but some of you are acting as if he laid down top set to quads or something. The hand with Farha was pretty straight forward. Sammy check calls with two spades and connectors on the board early in a tournament with the only other professional at the table. He AGAIN check calls (Maybe just calls, forgot position) on turn. When the flush/paired board completes, what does Sammy hold that is worth that big of a bluff? If you call and are wrong (High possibility) You are out. If you fold and are wrong (Low possibility) you still have plenty of chips to take charge of the eight dead money players on the table. There is plenty more to discuss than what I have put here, feel free to add your two cents against/for my thinking here. I am not trying to sound arrogant, just trying to put in perspective the situation and why it would be a disasterous call most of the time, in Daniel's shoes. Besides all this, Very well done Daniel, you really presented a great lesson for players, unintentionally. Best of luck next year.

Sammy is a pure gambler, gotta love that style.  I woulda layed down those 3s in a heartbeat to the 1k raise preflop when the blinds were 25-50.
I like the "Seriously?" from Daniel then Farha calling, that was comedy gold. Implied odds + luck play wonders in a 6,000 person field.

I agree with teph. The situations which Daniel found himself in were all pretty straight forward, with the exception of perhaps the AQ. What bugged the crap out of me is watching people shovel chips to Raymer. I wish that people would have been giving me chips like that, but I guess that's what happens when your world champ. No one wants to get outplayed by the champ so they shovel you chips.

I agree with teph.  The situations which Daniel found himself in were all pretty straight forward, with the exception of perhaps the AQ.  What bugged the crap out of me is watching people shovel chips to Raymer.  I wish that people would have been giving me chips like that, but I guess that's what happens when your world champ.  No one wants to get outplayed by the champ so they shovel you chips.
Raymer is by far the best of the "unknowns" that have won the WSOP, without question. His strategy for tournament play is all or nothing, he will often make bad calls/raises for huge stakes. When they pay off he can be a relentless raiser/caller, as he will probably just get his chips back by his laggro style, when he gets a real hand, or puts on a good read (Which is often). On a note: Did you see the way that guy played AA against Raymer's 22? That was pathetic.
As far as his laydowns, they weren't as incredible as everybody is blowing themselves over. They were very solid, and very well played, but some of you are acting as if he laid down top set to quads or something. .
Heresy on this board, but I have to agree. The laydowns were pretty straightforward reads. What was more remarkable to me was his composure and willingness to stick with his reads in the face of some bad beats, instead of burning off more chips thinking things couldnt get any worse.