too many secrets

Is it just me or is it a bit irritating hearing Daniel talk about a new project but not being able to tell us who's involved? It's not his fault because he's probably obligated to not say anything. But ever wonder why? I thought the point is to create a buzz. I'm all about suprise endings in movies and not knowing what to expect but this is a bit silly. Do the advertising execs lose money because Daniel dropped the ball saying John Stamos and Skeet Ulrich are gonna be on a show he's doing? Are they gonna drop from the ceiling and onto the poker table and be like "SUPRISE! We're here! Hey Daniel, hey hot lady host."?? I'm not asking or hoping Daniel will tell us these things. It's not up to him. He prolly would if he could. But I just thought it was unnecessary for us not to know these things. I don't think it matters really.

But I just thought it was unnecessary for us not to know these things. I don't think it matters really.
Often this is the case, but caution dictates these secrecy things. And sometimes it does matter. There's a deal going on now which I was allowed to talk about to not allowed because a rival was making serious (and futile) problems with the final negotiations. It was all frankly quite annoying and made the rival look like an pompous ass.I'm all for more information but when deals are being made it is bad form to reveal anything and even when the ink has dried the PR guys often want things on their own timetable - and fail to utilize all their resources to generate buzz and word of mouth.

I also approve the Sneakers (1992) reference.It may be too early for some of you, but one of the best fun movies ever. Lots of uber big names and an ensemble including (the now dead) River Phoenix, who some of you young kids may remember.