im so down in spirits i dont know...

Good point guinevar.... i sppreciate your help/suggestionsMy BR is around 800
k, you shouldn't be playing any higher than .25/.50 NLThat is if you want to follow some br regulations. Cause you don't have to.- Jordan
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There arent any card rooms that hvae that spread..lol... And i began to despise online poker.
Then get a job if you don't have one and supplement your poker bankroll with some paychecks.Then play a higher game. If you keep lossing, just quit poker. Unless you play online. If you play online, drop on by UB :club:- Jordan
Live in NYC - play a lot in AC as well as NYC poker rooms. Just bi-curious and always looking for more places to anally molest other men.
Is that you on Full Tilt or just someone with the same name?Which seems strange, lol.
Live in NYC - play a lot in AC as well as NYC poker rooms. Just bi-curious and always looking for more places to anally molest other men.
Is that you on Full Tilt or just someone with the same name?Which seems strange, lol.
It's not me. Actually I forgot my FullTilt sn. I haven't played there in a while. My name is from an old snl skit though so it's not that strange that someone else could be using it.
What? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!No offense to you Guinevar, but isn't it the point of poker to push the edge when you know you're ahead? It's an incredibly weak play to just call and hope that a scare card doesn't come.P.S. I love polar bears.
i'm with you. if this guy looks like he's going to call off all his chips or double me up if he's got me outstacked, i'm making sure they go into the pot when i hold the nuts.if i lose, i lose. if i don't reload, i walk away and realize that i win that hand more than 90% of the time, and that's poker.the one thing i find somewhat curious is the 5xBB raise with A-10 off. with a raise like that, my feeling is that the only people who are going to call already have you beat.
i dont know how it is in LA but thats the norm for raises in NY 10, 15, bucks is very common
i know that's a normal raise. it's not the amount, it's the cards you did it with. i think there's an argument for not playing them at all. were you in position?the only people calling/raising after you are doing so with a stronger ace or a pair that likely makes you a 3-1 dog (although, admittedly, in this game that wasn't the case since you got a caller holding K-3 of all hands...but in general, i think it's true). if you raise $10 with A-10 offsuit, what are you planning to do if someone reraises?
Then most likely i fold( considering pot odds, # of people in the pot,opponent).
i'm not sure where you were in position here. were you CO or button? if not, or at least one off CO, the only mistake you made was getting into this hand preflop in the first place. some might argue that it was ballsy and aggressive to enter this pot with a raise with A-10 offsuit (maybe because they once saw it on world poker tour, who knows), but i play tighter than that and certainly so in a cash game i just sat into.if i don't know the players, i want to be sure i'm pushing the best possible edge; you were there for two hands before entering this pot with a raise with what you have to admit were marginal cards. there were three limpers who could be waiting to call or reraise you with 1010, JJ, QQ, KK, AK, AQ, or even AA--how do you know you're not already a huge underdog? in the games i play in, these kinds of moves are not uncommon. the game you were in sounds like it contained at least one and possibly more than one moron, but that's all the more reason to play tight rather than loose.think about playing more patiently preflop in that situation. you just sat down, you're not going anywhere for awhile, and you want to win, right? that takes patience.aside from that, sorry about the beat. we've all been on the giving and receiving end of them but that doesn't make it any easier.

PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHPINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCH PINCHI Haven't read any of the respondses, but this needs to be IN THE BAD BEAT FORUM!!! how could it be avoided? You could stop playing poker, CAUSE BAD BEATS HAPPEN.PINCH PINCH PINCH!! hAHAHAHAHAH

I just want to understand how i could of avoided it.
So when the jack came on the turn what should of I have done; folded after the 45 dollar bet?
It hurt so much cause i lost it in 3 hands.... and your right i should of stayed in the game because if he plays king 3 off like that i probably would of got it back... but i was too distraught.
Pushing on the flop would of probably be too obvious... the turn i think he felt that i was trying to quickly double up.
I SHOULD of been up 400.. instead i went home talking to myself on the train.
good fucking god. it's COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE, SHOULD'VE, WOULD'VE, and SHOULD'VE, respectively. the first time was tolerable. after the third time, i wanted to stab your damn eyes out. after the fifth time, i wanted to kill you, your family, your friends, and any pets if you have any.i'm usually tolerant on grammatical errors since my grasp on the english language isn't perfect, but using of instead of the contraction -'ve is the single most idiotic and annoying linguistic mistake ever.
So when the jack came on the turn what should of I have done; folded after the 45 dollar bet?
It hurt so much cause i lost it in 3 hands.... and your right i should of stayed in the game because if he plays king 3 off like that i probably would of got it back... but i was too distraught.
Pushing on the flop would of probably be too obvious... the turn i think he felt that i was trying to quickly double up.
good fucking god. it's COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE, SHOULD'VE, WOULD'VE, and SHOULD'VE, respectively. the first time was tolerable. after the third time, i wanted to stab your damn eyes out. after the fifth time, i wanted to kill you, your family, your friends, and any pets if you have any.i'm usually tolerant on grammatical errors since my grasp on the english language isn't perfect, but using of instead of the contraction -'ve is the single most idiotic and annoying linguistic mistake ever.
your just a tool who has there panteys in a bunch.
nh. wow.
hahahah I totally agree. This guy's obvious poker mistakes, His obvious whining about a bad beat and trying to pawn it off as a question about how he should have played,, is much more offensive to me than grammar. This guy is just looking for sympathy. If he can't take bad beats, he shouldn't play. it's GAMBLING. nothing ever Should or shouldn't happen. Just probablities. Some times, you roll snake eyes. Deal with it.