im so down in spirits i dont know...

So i walk into a B+ M room tonight b/c i hope its going to be a lot of loose play cause tom is a holiday and most people are off. I buy in a 1-2 NL Hold Em game with 200, and third hand i get ace :club: 10 :) and make in 10 to go; three callers. flop comes king :D queen :) and jack :D guy bets 25( big guy with lots of tatooes) everyone folds to me so i call..turn comes jack of :) , he bets 45 and i go all in. he waits for FIVE SECONDS and calls... so i put him on 2 pair and the river comes a jacks of :D..... he says " Boat.. ship it and turns over king :) 3 of :) Stupid Asian kid just laughs as i grab my jacket and leave... almost collapsing in the hallway..(PLEASE NO KRABLAR REFERENCES...)THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A BAD BEAT POST... I just want to understand how i could of avoided it. I feel so depressed... talking to myself on the train on my ride home. I understand that this is a bad beat but i cant keep playing if this might happen. I feel like downing a bottle of vodka... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have sympathy and NOT FLAME ME.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't take this as a flame, but here are a couple of things i noticed:1. that was a terrible board for your straight after the turn came, and since it's only the third hand and you don't have a good read on the guy yet, raising all in is not a good play here. 2. if you are that depressed after losing 200 bucks, then you are playing way way above your bankroll, and shouldn't even be in that game.

I think you should have value raised on the flop, putting some pressure on K3o.He's a 10 to 1 underdog on the turn. It sucks he sucked out on you on the river, but just think.If you run that hand over 100 times, you're profitable hes not...Hope everything goes well for u, keep playing well, and you should overall end up profitable.

Its not actually that im playing above my bankroll, i said to myself that if i play tight that ill win money. I flopped the nut straight.So when the jack came on the turn what should of I have done; folded after the 45 dollar bet?

Its not actually that im playing above my bankroll, i said to myself that if i play tight that ill win money. I flopped the nut straight.So when the jack came on the turn what should of I have done; folded after the 45 dollar bet?
this is a tough call. you are beat here by a flush or a full house or quads. i might call the 45 here and see what the bet is on the river, or fold (after all you've only played 3 hands and can find better spots to make money in the game)
If i raise then i might chase him away... and i dont want to do that with my nut stright right?
the point of raising is to make people who have draws pay to hit their hands. you have to ask yourself, "should i raise and make this flush draw pay for his draw? or should i call and let him hit it cheap?"

Damn man, sounds like you're pretty bummed out about this.Just gotta put this in perspective, if you're playing within your roll these kinds of things will always make you money in the long run. $200 isn't life or death.Time to take a break from poker if these beats are bothering you so much.

I lost 200 in 3 hands... 6 minutes.... i felt like laying down in the middle of times square.
Same thing happened to me.Except it was worth $25,000.Just to put it in perspective, lol.
And to make matters worse the guy goes... Well he was short stacked... thats what happends when your short stacked.
:cry: :cry: :cry: followd by :wall: :wall: :wall:
The only thing you should feel bad about is that you had to leave such a good game. You didn't play the hand poorly and you know that. I repeat: The only thing you should be upset about is having to leave such a good game.

This isnt a flame, but man you need get some thiker skin if youre gonna play poker. I was in AC about 3 weeks, ago and I played for seven hours in a 1-2nl game built up from 100 to 600 then lost it all when my full house lost to a bigger rivered full house twice in 4 hands. Money went all in after turn both times. It happens, just wait til aces full get's cracked by a guy who calls with an inside straight flush draw and hits. Dont be so upset, cause if you keep playing it's gonna happen again and again, and it'll happen worse. Just keep pluggin away. Good luck.

i'm really surprised you haven't gotten blatantly flamed for this....flopped nuts get backdoored all the time....often for a lot more than $200. just look at suited_up. if you ever get this down about $200, just think if it was wpt and you busted like that.then laugh at him for donking it up :club:

Just remember that when you get your money in with the best hand, you did not play it wrong!Everybody has bad beats, I have ones like yours every day.If your opponent has a 10% chance of hitting, well then every 10th time you're going to get outdrawn...That is just the marvelous game of poker.

This was the worst beat i ever took in a live game.. maybe thatts why it hurts soooo much.Also that was like my 6th or 7th time at a B+M
Sit down on my lap, sonny, and I'll tell you about the time I held A3 on a flop of AA3 and lost to 88 after raising all-in ON THE FLOP. When I've finished, if you still feel like laying down in the middle of Times Square then go right ahead.
So when the jack came on the turn what should of I have done; folded after the 45 dollar bet?
Obviously you should have called. Pushing there against an unknown but probably loose 1-2 B&M player is not a very good play. Obviously you know he has two pair. If he has the jack he has eight outs that beat you. If he has either the king or queen he has six outs that beat you. If he had something like :spadesk: :spades3: then he has the six outs to get the boat (2 kings, 3 queens, and one jack) but he also then has nine outs to the flush. Giving him the possibility of 15 outs with. Basically, your opponent has between 9.09% and 29.55% to suck out on your nut straight.It is much smarter to call the turn bet, thinking you probably are not going to push an unknown off the hand (you have also now revealed he was deep stacked) and then extracted as much as you can should the board not continue to get scary.