Party Poker 10 handed.Hero is CO with KKFolded around, Hijack raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, Hijack caps, Hero callsFlop (9.5 SB): 4 Q 4Hijack checks, Hero bets, Hijack raises, Hero callsTurn (6.75 BB): 9Hijack bets, Hero callsRiver (8.75 BB): 5Hijack bets, Hero callsRead: Hijack likes to overplay hands. Possible hands are JJ-AA, AK, and AQ. That leaves 3 hands I beat, and 3 hands I don't beat.

Unless he's shown a pattern of being LAG PF, you put him on QQ-AA when he caps it.Obviously, you have KK so that lessens that chance. When he check-raises the flop, I rule out QQ. Most 5/10 players check-raise the flop when their hand is somewhat vulnerable, not when they flop a monster.I'd put any reasonable opponent on aces, and would play the hand just like you did.Normally, I'd say 3-bet pre-flop, but I think you have enough information to just call him down fearing you are behind aces.

Read: Hijack likes to overplay hands. Possible hands are JJ-AA, AK, and AQ. That leaves 3 hands I beat, and 3 hands I don't beat.
Even if he does overplay his hands, I think you're still behind here more often than not. He is more likely to play AA/QQ this way than AK/JJ/AQ.You have a positional advantage here, so there's no need to raise. If he's bluffing with AK, you'll probably find out about it if he checks the river. He may even make a crying call with that hand, or if he gives up with JJ.

I would think he's more likely to play A Q this way than Q Q (on the flop, don't know if he'd cap preflop, but he likes to overplay hands).

I would think he's more likely to play A Q this way than Q Q (on the flop, don't know if he'd cap preflop, but he likes to overplay hands).
???Just because he overplays his hands, does not mean he would always cap PF with AQ. I think we should discount the chance he has AQ a bit here.Since you don't know if he'd cap PF with AQ, why do you think it's more likely he'd play AQ this way than QQ? Do you think just because he overplays some hands, he must then underplay his monsters?

No, I just think it's more logical that he would check raise on the flop with A Q, rather than check raise with the strongest possible hand when it's only the small bet.

No, I just think it's more logical that he would check raise on the flop with A Q, rather than check raise with the strongest possible hand when it's only the small bet.
If we're going to assume this guy is capable of capping w/ AQo, we can't assume he plays in a logical fashion. There are many players who will always c/r with the nuts, because they think it's the strongest play.