not flipping cards over when all in action all over.

One thing that gets to my last nerve fast is players not respecting other players. I have gotten in heated arguments with players about not sliding to make getting to a seat easier for a player who is physically handicapped. But last night what hits my last nerve quickest occured. I got a call from a friend to come play in a bar poker league a couple blocks from my house, i hate going to those because i come home smelling like smoke and have to deal with players that think an out is a baseball term. Anyway, the league owner was playing in the tournament and through other tables being broken down he ended up at my table. With our table being taken to four from six in one hand, thanks to yours truly, with 3 tables and 19 left, i wanted to check with the tourney coordinator to get some other players to our table. he chimed in that we were to play to 3 left. Funny, when I played in other leagues you would only keep playing with four if there two tables left heading to the final table. But that is not all, I actually caught the owner guy short chipping the pot on four differant occasions. It seemed to me as though it was a strategy and not a mistake. Also, he tried to get others to put in more chips than they should on two occasions when they had the right chips in. But what took the cake is something that is not a part of poker etiquette. He called all, pre-flop, in against a player who had the last couple of hands played super aggressive. Nothing against playing aggressive. I was dealing and the moment came for them to flip up there cards and he refused. So I let him know it is a matter of poker etiquette and he replied the cards were going to stay where they were.I thought of calling the tourney coordinator over but had a feeling that if he made the right call the owner may have just fired him on the spot. They guy did not strike me as being ethical or respectful. So I said in every other league I have been in or other tournaments i have seen in those situations the cards get flipped up. So he replied welcome to "insert name of league here".The first thought that went through my head was to ditch the card cover on the bottom and turn the deck face up and toss it on the table causing a misdeal. I didn't do that, because I might run into the other players in other leagues or tournaments down the road. Disgusted, I burned a card by tossing it face down on the table somewhere, took three off of the top and just threw them face up somewhere on the table and quickly followed with a burn then the turn and a burn then the river somewhere on the table.I said "well goodbye 'insert name of league' here. I stood up, grabbed my beverage, took a couple of steps away from the table, took a sip of beverage, put it down on a table, then turned to leave, then the owner guy came up trying to schmooze me putting his arm around my shoulder with that piece of shite smile weaselly f#$%s have. My only response was to tell him not to f$%^ing touch me. Then I walked out the door. Well, I think I may have also said something about where he can put his league but I can't remember because I was just livid. When people in authority abuse that authority and place themselves above the expections they place on others, I simply just cannot tolerate it. I am not worried about talking about my steam points because I feel that to get over them I must bring them out in the open. I remember a quite from Stu Unger that went something like 'If you are not willing to slit the other players throat and leave them bleeding in the gutter then you have no business at the poker table' but I would add at least be nice while you are doing so.

so uh..who won?heh, seriously though...it seems rather trite to get angry about the situation...it's not like not-showing his cards will affect the outcome and i don't see this as a reason to throw all your hardwork out the door by walking away...although you did stand up for what you believe in and i applaud that...i'm just too greedy to walk away from a game i've already invested a lot of time into (final table wasn't that far a way it seems)this is why I don't like bar tourneys...they are more to have fun than about serious poker and many of the players have some undesired habits...but it also means the level of play is rather shoddy as well...take the good w/ the bad...

That was long...so I read, "One thing that gets on my....." and skipped to the end of "......doing so." Which made for an interesting read of "One thing that gets on my doing so."