i did a very bad thing

yes, very bad...i'm 3 tabling 5/10 LHE... I'm winning on 2 and getting killed by bad player suckouts on the other. I'm up $95 on one and $14 on the other, after the fish leaves both, I quit those and just concentrate on the one with several bad players. Things go very poorly for the next couple hours and I end up down $346 when the last fish leaves and the table breaks up.When I go searching for a new table, find a couple good 5/10 and a juicy 10/20. After 5 minutes at a 5/10 table and a quick $65, I move to the 10/20 when a seat opens up. There are several fish sitting and one super-fish in the seat on my direct right. Oh happy Day!Well not really, after 4 hours of horrible cards and the most unbelievable super-fish run I've ever seen I'm down another $1034. So, what do I do now that I've been beaten down like a rented mule by a school of fish for 4 straight hours?Well, I go play 30/60 of course. After an hour I'm up $966 and decide to do the first intelligent thing I've done in 6 hours and get up from the computer and go watch the WSOP on TiVo. Ending the night down a respectable $240.What's the moral of the story, you ask? Well, when your stuck just keep moving up in limits until you get unstuck, of course.

I sincerely advise you to quit poker.It seems to be playing an unhealthy role in your life. Look what you just did today. You played 10+ hours of poker with atrocious bankroll management. If not for some fine luck, you could have easily found yourself losing another $3000.To top it all off, you celebrated the end of this atrocity by going to watch MORE poker on television. This sort of behavior (allowing poker to become your main interest and hobby) would be acceptable if you were a winning player, but I am quite sure that you are not. You are on a precipice, and you are about to fall.This post is not intended to be a "flame" in any way. It is merely an effort to help you. Many players think that they are winners, and bemoan the "fish suckouts." Many of these players would be well-served to look at themselves, analyze their game, keep detailed records; many of these players would be stunned to realize that THEY are the fish.Again...look at how you spent your day. Almost all of your waking hours spent on poker; risking money you can't afford to lose. One of these days, your behavior will come back to haunt you.Blessings,Posoo

Uhh...it was probably poor judgement, but I think we're making too many assumptions to advise him to quit the game.Some points:1) He didn't state what his bankroll is.2) He didn't state how important the money is.3) He hasn't told us whether he's a winning or losing player.4) Having an active day (10 hours) with your hobby/job isn't a big deal.

I sincerely advise you to quit poker.It seems to be playing an unhealthy role in your life. Look what you just did today. You played 10+ hours of poker with atrocious bankroll management. If not for some fine luck, you could have easily found yourself losing another $3000.To top it all off, you celebrated the end of this atrocity by going to watch MORE poker on television. This sort of behavior (allowing poker to become your main interest and hobby) would be acceptable if you were a winning player, but I am quite sure that you are not. You are on a precipice, and you are about to fall.This post is not intended to be a "flame" in any way. It is merely an effort to help you. Many players think that they are winners, and bemoan the "fish suckouts." Many of these players would be well-served to look at themselves, analyze their game, keep detailed records; many of these players would be stunned to realize that THEY are the fish.Again...look at how you spent your day. Almost all of your waking hours spent on poker; risking money you can't afford to lose. One of these days, your behavior will come back to haunt you.Blessings,Posoo
For the first 2 paragraphs of your post I was laughing my ass off because I thought you were continuing the joke I started, then sadly, I realized you were serious... yikes!!As my fellow Auburn Tiger (War Eagle!!), CobaltBlue has already pointed out, you have made a slew of ignorant assumptions...First of all, I play poker for living. I started my session at 5:15 pm and quit at 12:50 am, not even 7 hours. I hope most people worked more than 7 hours today. Second, I've been playing poker for 17 months and have been a winning player for 16 months now. Third, my bankroll is well over 50K so I'm pretty sure that 900 big bets is plenty enough for me to play 30/60 whenever I want to. Fourth, if there was any luck involved at 30/60 it was bad luck. They were lucky I didn't carry 2 grand out of that table, as I missed a 15 outer that would have taken down $1050 pot.You are right, I could have easily turned a $1200 loss into a $3000 loss. It's never smart to climb levels when you are stuck, attempting to get unstuck. Hence the reason I posted this here. I was hoping people could learn from my stupidity and get a laugh at the same time. I was also hoping that, by publically embarassing myself, I will be less likely to repeat this behavior in the future.Having said that, I still felt like I was playing pretty well at given the circumstances at midnight, I wasn't tired and I still wanted to play poker. 30/60 was really the only choice I had if I wanted to continue playing because I would be sure to pay attention, always make the right play and not go on tilt. Why, because I respect the money and the players at 30/60 too much to give it anything short of my best effort.I can't believe you missed the humor of it all. I'm not sure I could have made it any more sarcastic. I guess I could have put an (SW) at the end but that would have ruined it, don't you think?This is also not intended to be a flame... you should try to ease up and not take everything so seriously.

DDudley, I booked a monster hand while reading this, decided you're right.. and I just sucked out on Broksi at the 100/200 Pokerstars tables... THANKS MAN I OWE YOU!man... Thanks for that post made me chuckle violently

dudley, War Eagle.And $50k? Dude, what did you start with and have you cashed any of that out? Starting from $20 twelve months ago, I just recently hit $10k in profit, but my bankroll is a piddly $1.5k due to needed payouts.

dudley, War Eagle.And $50k? Dude, what did you start with and have you cashed any of that out? Starting from $20 twelve months ago, I just recently hit $10k in profit, but my bankroll is a piddly $1.5k due to needed payouts.
I started with $1000 that I was willing to lose. I could have started with more but I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to money. If I went past that I probably would have quit. I've cashed a lot of that out and it's sitting in a savings account earning a little bit of interest. I'm lucky that my expensies right now are very small and I can cover them with profits from my investing portfolio. So, I can sit on my poker bankroll for as long as I want. I do pay for poker related things out of the bankroll... new computer, trips to Vegas, etc.Sounds like you are doing great for someone who is still in college. I'm sure poker is a much better part time job than waiting tables or flipping burgers. I wish I had started playing poker 12 years ago... of course that would have been impossible in Auburn at that time.Anyway, when you graduate and get a real job, keep playing poker as much as possible. At that point you should be able to keep almost 100% of what you make in your roll, until it's as big as you want. Then, if you want, you can quit 'the man's' job and work for yourself as a full-time poker player.