how many hands per day to you like to play?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have PT up and running I was curious, how many hands should I be striving to play each day? Right now I'm going for a thousand.
1,000 is a lot. How many hours a day do you play? It takes over four solid hours of 4-tabling to get 1,000 hands in full ring games.I played over 500 hands today to clear a signup bonus, but that's above average for me.

i tend to agree with dc...i will set a general time limit for when i want to quit and try to end around that...like tonight i started at 130 and quit around midnight. Its much easier to set a time limit then to set a specific number of hands

Now that I have PT up and running I was curious, how many hands should I be striving to play each day? Right now I'm going for a thousand.
1,000 is a lot. How many hours a day do you play? It takes over four solid hours of 4-tabling to get 1,000 hands in full ring games.I played over 500 hands today to clear a signup bonus, but that's above average for me.
I don't go to school, I'm a server working the second shift (5pm-11pm), and I just got out of a three year relationship with a woman about five months ago. So I have a lot of free time on my hands.I am trying to go pro, so I suppose it's good then that I am aiming for a thousand every day.I wake up in the afternoon, play for two hours before work. Go to work and I'm home by midnight at the latest, and then I play until sometime in between three and five in the morning.So usually I am playing for in between four and seven hours a day.I play two 10 handed .50/1 tables and one 6-max .50/1 table at a time. I came to party poker with a bank roll of $265 three days ago and have played a total of 3,300+ hands in 15 hours of play and have made over 220 BB's so far.So I guess I am doing well. Can't wait to go pro, lol. Trying to get there as fast as possible. The whole 9-5 career ain't my thing.
dont consider going pro till ur out of college with a degree
Eh, I'm not going to engage in this discussion. No aggression toward you intended at all.I'm here to discuss poker, how I live my life is no business of anyone else. Again, no offense and thank you for the advice.

I am trying to go pro, so I suppose it's good then that I am aiming for a thousand every day.1,000 a day is nothing if you play full time.30k hands a month is a joke. You need to be looking at *at least* 60k hands a month if you want to play for a living.It's a job.A job.Play 8 hours a day. If you get sick of playing, find a real job.good luck.

1,000 is a lot.Nah, it's like an hour and a half of 12 tabling.
Who WANTS to 12 table? You can make more money 4 tabling the 30/60 than 12 tabling nearly anything... 12 tabling is overboard and is hard to do profitably... even 5 or more is hard to do and make money.

Who WANTS to 12 table? You can make more money 4 tabling the 30/60 than 12 tabling nearly anythingNah, I make way more 12 tabling 10/20 six max than I would 4 tabling 30/60. I also have way, way, less variance.... 12 tabling is overboard and is hard to do profitably... even 5 or more is hard to do and make money.That's so subjective as to not merit a reply.

That's so subjective as to not merit a reply.
Point Taken, But you're not telling me you 12 table for 8 hours a day because well, I don't think that is humanly possible. This is talking about a set schedule right? Not just a random 12 table spurt?
That's so subjective as to not merit a reply.
Point Taken. But I've done a lot of multi tabling up to 11 at a time and its hell.you're not telling me you 12 table for 8 hours a day because well, I don't think that is humanly possible. This is talking about a set schedule right?

Point Taken, But you're not telling me you 12 table for 8 hours a day because well, I don't think that is humanly possible. This is talking about a set schedule right? Not just a random 12 table spurt?I don't 12 table 8 hours a day. I have 12 tables for 8 hours at a time before. I probably get in 17-18k hands a week, between 4-8- and 12 tabling but I definately don't spend 40 hours a week playing. I'd say the bulk of my hands are probably in 2-3 hour 12 tabling sessions.

Point Taken, But you're not telling me you 12 table for 8 hours a day because well, I don't think that is humanly possible. This is talking about a set schedule right? Not just a random 12 table spurt?I don't 12 table 8 hours a day. I have 12 tables for 8 hours at a time before. I probably get in 17-18k hands a week, between 4-8- and 12 tabling but I definately don't spend 40 hours a week playing. I'd say the bulk of my hands are probably in 2-3 hour 12 tabling sessions.
You dont miss picking up those extra value bets on fun hands while 4 tabling? I dont think I can play more than 8 again, ever. But I really like 4, while scouting 4 others constantly. It makes for longer sessions, much better tables, and more sanity :club:

You dont miss picking up those extra value bets on fun hands while 4 tabling?What's a value bet?;)I probbaly miss a lot of stuff. I don't miss enough that I'd be making 10BB/100 4 tabling which I'd have to be to justify dropping to 4.

You dont miss picking up those extra value bets on fun hands while 4 tabling?What's a value bet?;)I probbaly miss a lot of stuff. I don't miss enough that I'd be making 10BB/100 4 tabling which I'd have to be to justify dropping to 4.
Well Actually 2.5 at the Party Games.. Atleast now... With real good play and game selection is something that a few people are probobly doing. I know I couldn't do it though.Just food for thought.
1,000 is a lot.Nah, it's like an hour and a half of 12 tabling.
I agree with Smash :shock: :club: I am a part timer. I play 2-3 hours per night, 4-tabling, and get in about 500 hands. 1,000 is not that much.Good Luck with you goal though.
I don't 12 table 8 hours a day. I have 12 tables for 8 hours at a time before. I probably get in 17-18k hands a week, between 4-8- and 12 tabling but I definately don't spend 40 hours a week playing. I'd say the bulk of my hands are probably in 2-3 hour 12 tabling sessions.
Smash's love childhttp://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...14tables4mx.jpgDon't ask who the father is...
I am trying to go pro, so I suppose it's good then that I am aiming for a thousand every day.1,000 a day is nothing if you play full time.30k hands a month is a joke. You need to be looking at *at least* 60k hands a month if you want to play for a living.It's a job.A job.Play 8 hours a day. If you get sick of playing, find a real job.good luck.
You are a machine.I figure I need to beat 5/10 for about 1,400 hands a day to justify quiting my job. Considering I wanted to blow my brains out after playing 2,000 hands over 3 days for the Empire turbo reload, poker will always be a hobby for me.
I don't 12 table 8 hours a day. I have 12 tables for 8 hours at a time before. I probably get in 17-18k hands a week, between 4-8- and 12 tabling but I definately don't spend 40 hours a week playing. I'd say the bulk of my hands are probably in 2-3 hour 12 tabling sessions.
Smash's love childhttp://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...14tables4mx.jpgDon't ask who the father is...
I couldn't even do half as much on meth.
dont consider going pro till ur out of college with a degree
like daniel, phil ivey, etc.oh wait, they didn't go to college
for the few who have done it how many more are there that didnt make it and now have no college degree, no real job and are grinding out at low levels? its like saying all good high school basketball players should jump to the nba...sure people like lebron and kobe can do it..but i dont think ud recommend it to every good high school player
A college degree should be finished up. Not just because it gives you a "back up," but you might want to change careers for a little while. And it makes you a smarter person.
A college degree isn't a ticket to success. Just ask Kanye West.