no taj for daniel

Did you get a pic of Flack beating on Gazes' bunny head? I saw many people race over to that back table while that was going on...looked fun/funny.
Missed it. It's a polar bear and for a charity (artic refuge action) which I'm supposed to get more info about shortly. 49506242_64431d4768_m.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/kang/49506242/
I was on the road for over two weeks and wasn't about to fly back for that event.  Many of the top pros didn't, including the entire "STACKED Team" as we are shooting a show for MTV that conflicts with that event.  There are sooooo many events these days that all of the top pros pick and choose.
Hey guys, I say we let Daniel choose whatever events he wants to lose. Think of it this way, the less he plays, the less it looks like he is losing all the time..........(sw)......
Am I the only one that is still seriously impressed when Daniel takes time to respond to our posts?  I's impossible not to like him.
well its not like hes using the time to play poker or anything!(sw) as if it was needed...
Am I the only one that is still seriously impressed when Daniel takes time to respond to our posts?  I's impossible not to like him.
I agree and it's one thing that makes the site what it is. Shows he does care about his fans. Hey if Poker doesn't work out, some Hockey Team will need a General Manager soon......
OMG... Not Layne, but I love this picture too! :club:http://www.flickr.com/photos/kang/49602829/in/set-1074845/
Met Layne at this event during Day 1 and he was a super super nice guy, chatting with me for a few minutes about all things poker. One funny exchange.Me: "Hey, that shootout event with you and Doyle is on tonight."Layne: "Really? Oh man he f***ed me, I had K-10, he had K-9, flop come 2/9/10, we get all our money in and he hits a 9 on the turn. I even told him he had K-9. People told me afterward that I'm pretty good but I can't stop history"Very funny dude...he came running into the poker room late and looked very confused running from registration to the cage and back again finally returning about 20-30 minutes into Level 1.Doyle (to Minh Ly): "It's a war zone now"Layne: "You done pissed everyone off now Minh..."
I was on the road for over two weeks and wasn't about to fly back for that event. Many of the top pros didn't, including the entire "STACKED Team" as we are shooting a show for MTV that conflicts with that event. There are sooooo many events these days that all of the top pros pick and choose.
I would have loved to have met Daniel, but there are so many events these days, I understand him not making it.I was actualy quite pleasantly surprised by how many big name pro's were there. As I said most of them were very gracious and pleasant.Larry, sorry I missed you, or you missed me.I am not news worthy at this point, just a poor working schlubb trying to take care of his family.My only minor disappointment was that everytime someone went all in the ESPN news crew came over and if you busted out interviewed you.I guess by the time that I was all in in 85th position the novelty had worn off and there were no cameras, and no interview. I just shook hands with everyone at the table including my temporary nemesis, Men "The Master" Nguyen and got in my car and went home.
Great pics.Who was the VERY scary guy in the dreds?
Toronto player Gavin Smith (lives in Las Vegas). He's a great guy. Quite a character.See "dreads" here (they are beads and braided hair).He also won the WPT Mirage event this year. He's in solid chip position. I told him I would give him $1000 if he would play the same way as he did last time I saw him (at Borgata at 5 AM). I'm pretty sure the money meant nothing to him.
Larry, sorry I missed you, or you missed me.
I would have gladly covered any FCPer. There are many good players - who most people do not know and taking (personal) photos of you also lets the other players believe you are someone of note and give you some leeway to make moves. One time, POTY-favorite John Phan was at a table and no one gave him any respect.I'm the guy who looks like my avatar and I'm with the pokerwire/cardplayer guys (the regulars) usually. Also, I wear a green Bluff Press pass and am usually yelling at Matusow to get some cards.Cardplayer (BJ Nemeth) came late on Day 2. He is the best tournament reporter out there and is seriously underutilized by CardPlayer. Originally, none of these guys were coming out. I knew the event was newsworthy though - I MEAN it's been on ESPN for the past few years and will be on for the next five... sheesh! Even if only 100 players showed up - it would have been a good TV event (like the WSOP Circuit at Harrah's Las Vegas - which they foolishly did not tape).Anyway, I have a partnership with Bluff and am putting out what I believe is good stuff - superior content even. Judge for yourself at www.bluffmagazine.com and feel free to send me comments or suggestions. Much of my content is not on the other sites, and I pretty much have everything they do. And this was our first tourney. I have great plans for the future and will have an intern program for the summer World Series - the competition for admittance will be pretty severe though - you must be a successful poker player and be able to track at least four tables at once with perfect memory. I'm also not taking any people who don't have a real passion for poker. Basically, I'm looking for people who are the poker equivalent of sports fans who would jump at a chance to have inside access (along with all the festivities) cover the World Series or Superbowl.Also, see some not-so-public photos here.
OMG... Not Layne, but I love this picture too! :club:http://www.flickr.com/photos/kang/49602829/in/set-1074845/
I setup a set for Layne Flack photos. Enjoy. I have a lot more from the WSOP and other events and will dump them in there when I have time (like next week?). For now... as long as he survives (he's short stacked and I'll try to get him on the TV table) I will get some good shots.Layne Flack sethttp://www.flickr.com/photos/kang/sets/1083940/
Larry, sorry I missed you, or you missed me.
I would have gladly covered any FCPer. There are many good players - who most people do not know and taking (personal) photos of you also lets the other players believe you are someone of note and give you some leeway to make moves. One time, POTY-favorite John Phan was at a table and no one gave him any respect.I'm the guy who looks like my avatar and I'm with the pokerwire/cardplayer guys (the regulars) usually. Also, I wear a green Bluff Press pass and am usually yelling at Matusow to get some cards.Cardplayer (BJ Nemeth) came late on Day 2. He is the best tournament reporter out there and is seriously underutilized by CardPlayer. Originally, none of these guys were coming out. I knew the event was newsworthy though - I MEAN it's been on ESPN for the past few years and will be on for the next five... sheesh! Even if only 100 players showed up - it would have been a good TV event (like the WSOP Circuit at Harrah's Las Vegas - which they foolishly did not tape).Anyway, I have a partnership with Bluff and am putting out what I believe is good stuff - superior content even. Judge for yourself at www.bluffmagazine.com and feel free to send me comments or suggestions. Much of my content is not on the other sites, and I pretty much have everything they do. And this was our first tourney. I have great plans for the future and will have an intern program for the summer World Series - the competition for admittance will be pretty severe though - you must be a successful poker player and be able to track at least four tables at once with perfect memory. I'm also not taking any people who don't have a real passion for poker. Basically, I'm looking for people who are the poker equivalent of sports fans who would jump at a chance to have inside access (along with all the festivities) cover the World Series or Superbowl.Also, see some not-so-public photos here.
Well I saw a lady from Pokerwire quite a bit during the event, I never saw you but as you know it was a madhouse so it was tough to find anyone.I was at table 16 seat 5 with Men "The Master" in seat 9 yesterday.My time will come, it just will take a while.
I setup a set for Layne Flack photos. Enjoy. I have a lot more from the WSOP and other events and will dump them in there when I have time (like next week?). For now... as long as he survives (he's short stacked and I'll try to get him on the TV table) I will get some good shots.Layne Flack sethttp://www.flickr.com/photos/kang/sets/1083940/
Larry... You are way too cool! Thanks so much. I really enjoyed the Layne slide show! :D You are awesome! Brian Haveson is also one of my favorites. Unfortunately he gets next to no coverage. This morning, I noticed that both he and Layne were very low on chips. I am keeping my fingers crossed.