no taj for daniel

A pretty good episode of the Real World is on tonight, so he has a good excuse.
in tonights episode, my friends band ::halifax::: is going to be on the Real world. They are from Socal and when I was with my old band, we use to play a lot of shows with them around OC/Los angeles. cool guys, check them out picking up on all the chicks like we always do...THAT's HOW WE ROLL BABY!!!

I'm not going to flame the OP even though I am a huge DN supporter and defender. Even though I don't think anyone here had the right to judge DN's motivations or choices, I think it is Ok to express disspaointment that we aren't going to get to see or read about him playing in a tournament. I'm not afraid to admit that I am eager for him to start playing again. It's the reason I come here.

I come here for the +ev forum community.sw?

I was on the road for over two weeks and wasn't about to fly back for that event. Many of the top pros didn't, including the entire "STACKED Team" as we are shooting a show for MTV that conflicts with that event. There are sooooo many events these days that all of the top pros pick and choose.

we understand that not every single pro is going to play in every single event. We just like to poke fun and joke around and not be serious and fool around and amuse ourselves and..yeah. At least I do anyways.

I'm in Atlantic City covering the tourney and of course would have liked to see Daniel initially when it was going to be just a 100 person tourney with full blown ESPN TV coverage. The tournament staff here was even announcing over the PA that Daniel was coming -- no one seems to know how that got started. I'm a big fan of well backed ESPN events as they focus on professional players pre-final TV table much more than the WPT.But, Daniel has been somewhat clear for a while now about his schedule and not attending this event (despite winning it in 1999). There is a bit of a tournament glut now and some of the pros here have been on the road for 20+ days. I'm sure DN knows what is best for himself in the big picture or at least more than most of us.In the future, I do highly recommend this event for television exposure and the Taj staff has been pretty good and very well intentioned. Many top pros did make it at the end (125 registered in the last hour) and for a Day 1 I found it to have a better share of anti-boredom activities (e.g. shots of Jagermeister and what not). And besides, ESPN has a 5 year contract to broadcast it.If FCPers are around you can see the feature table in a better setup than the WSOP - I believe it is open seating - and if it isn't I can get you in as long as it's not incredibly full.

Many of the top pros didn't, including the entire "STACKED Team" as we are shooting a show for MTV that conflicts with that event.
Outside of the Stacked team, Lederer and S.Nguyen I think everyone that's a "who's who" of poker in terms of travelling the tourney circuit was indeed in this event.
I'm in Atlantic City covering the tourney and of course would have liked to see Daniel initially when it was going to be just a 100 person tourney with full blown ESPN TV coverage. The tournament staff here was even announcing over the PA that Daniel was coming -- no one seems to know how that got started. I'm a big fan of well backed ESPN events as they focus on professional players pre-final TV table much more than the WPT.But, Daniel has been somewhat clear for a while now about his schedule and not attending this event (despite winning it in 1999). There is a bit of a tournament glut now and some of the pros here have been on the road for 20+ days. I'm sure DN knows what is best for himself in the big picture or at least more than most of us.In the future, I do highly recommend this event for television exposure and the Taj staff has been pretty good and very well intentioned. Many top pros did make it at the end (125 registered in the last hour) and for a Day 1 I found it to have a better share of anti-boredom activities (e.g. shots of Jagermeister and what not). And besides, ESPN has a 5 year contract to broadcast it.If FCPers are around you can see the feature table in a better setup than the WSOP - I believe it is open seating - and if it isn't I can get you in as long as it's not incredibly full.
I think I saw you take that Violette pic as I was watching that table from the rail for a bit. I was impressed with her actually looking up during play and "posing". She seemed really nice and patient with everyone...as did Juanda, Jesus, Forrest and Flack specifically.
Daniel, are you playing in any of the WSOP Circuit events? Mainly the one in Indiana?
Hammond, IN. Man, If I could go to any WSOP event, that's surely the one I'd pick.(sw)
I think I saw you take that Violette pic as I was watching that table from the rail for a bit. I was impressed with her actually looking up during play and "posing". She seemed really nice and patient with everyone...as did Juanda, Jesus, Forrest and Flack specifically.
She is quite nice. But, also, I am taking those photos for her use as well. She gets requests for photos from fans and hasn't had one setup yet. She picked one from the WSOP Main Event, but the quality is not quite there. I am quite disappointed with the shot that CardPlayer put of her on the cover (and most of their cover shots).You can see my photos here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/kang/sets/1074845/They are free for use as long as there is no commercial intent.
Am I the only one that is still seriously impressed when Daniel takes time to respond to our posts? I's impossible not to like him.
It's impossible not to give him credit for the way he handles the flames. Pretty classy.(spend more time in strat!) :wink: