poker tracker and other sw, what is reccomended?

I am starting to play much more online. Only tourneys and SNGs basically on stars. I downloaded poker tracker which seems like a cluttered interface so before I dive in is that the best SW reccomended and what other options and additional SW apps should I use. I have no problem paying the $20-$1o0 for each app. Does PT automatically follow all my play, keep track of the other players or do you have to keep inputing hand histories etc.BTW this week was good for me 4 final tables incl twice 1st (one of those 4 way split) and 1 11th placing.

so, you need two things:1. a program that gathers data, makes sense of it, and calculates a bunch of stats from it.2. a program that displays players' and tables' data in real-time as you play.poker tracker falls into category #1 only.so, if you get poker tracker, you need to get a program for #2. poker ace HUD (link off the pokertracker website) is probably the best software for that at the moment.next is gametime+ (link off the pokertracker website), but it's not as good as pokerace HUD despite having a *much* cleaner interface.altnerately, you can get poker office. it serves both #1 and #2 functions.both are good programs. i think most people (myself included) prefer poker tracker with poker ace HUD over poker office, but they're both solid pieces of software that essentially do the same thing.aseem

poker tracker works with full tilt, yes.and yes, poker tracker auto imports hand histories from most big sites, you don't have to do it manually.with tournaments on stars, you need poker ace HUD. gametime+ doesn't support stars tournaments.aseem

and yes, poker tracker auto imports hand histories from most big sites, you don't have to do it manually.with tournaments on stars, you need poker ace HUD. gametime+ doesn't support stars tournaments.aseem
So basically while the tourney is running you don't get "live" data (player X has been super loose/agressiive) rather post tourney with the summary yet get the picture, correct?
so, you need two things:1. a program that gathers data, makes sense of it, and calculates a bunch of stats from it.2. a program that displays players' and tables' data in real-time as you play.poker tracker falls into category #1 only.so, if you get poker tracker, you need to get a program for #2. poker ace HUD (link off the pokertracker website) is probably the best software for that at the moment.next is gametime+ (link off the pokertracker website), but it's not as good as pokerace HUD despite having a *much* cleaner interface.altnerately, you can get poker office. it serves both #1 and #2 functions.both are good programs. i think most people (myself included) prefer poker tracker with poker ace HUD over poker office, but they're both solid pieces of software that essentially do the same thing.aseem
Thanks Akishore. It seems that pokeroffice also tracks live play giving stuff like pot odds, since I am not already used to either interface (PT/PO) that seems like a nice advantage. comments?