fcp insomniac army

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize this is the thread of the ultra paranoid and independent Name: hmmm...Scotty EdgeOccupation: no...DOB: Hell No!!!Where do you live: West sideFavorite color: BlackFavorite song right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEDeXD7oZYk ..:)Favorite song ever: ???? manyFavorite movie right now: The Adolescent...lmaoFavorite movie ever: 2001 and Holy MountainWhat car do you drive: If i told you. You would not believe me.Favorite food: nachos!Best place you've visited: AmsterdamTop place on your to visit list: none..i have traveled enough to know there is no place like home.Craziest place you've had sex at: middle of the streetFavorite website: fcp or born richFavorite drink at a bar: sazerac made with cognac and absintheFavorite drink at home: makersRed wine or white: Red Bordeaux, French Syrah and Nor. Cal. Red ZinfandelFavorite childhood cartoon: Snorks..highly underratedCraziest thing you've done: many many ......Come on BigD you can do it!
Lordz of Brooklyn are gonna find their way onto my playlist now!Thanks 4 that!

cross post from army thread cuz i'm too lazy to retype thisSo this happened right outside todayhttp://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/...last/index.htmlwe were outside chilling after lunch....all of a sudden we hear a LOUD boom....None of us moved...we just sat there are were like damn that was loud....we see everyone running inside and this girl is like...hey we need to get inside...i guess with all the gunshots we here everyday....we just figured whatever....it took us a minute to realize what was going on...

cross post from army thread cuz i'm too lazy to retype thisSo this happened right outside todayhttp://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/...last/index.htmlwe were outside chilling after lunch....all of a sudden we hear a LOUD boom....None of us moved...we just sat there are were like damn that was loud....we see everyone running inside and this girl is like...hey we need to get inside...i guess with all the gunshots we here everyday....we just figured whatever....it took us a minute to realize what was going on...
That link didn't seem to work but this is all I could see in Kabul just recently.... scary stuff.http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/...last/index.html

Name: EdwardOccupation: Ne'er-do-wellDOB: 9-14-77Where do you live: NebraskaFavorite color: BlueFavorite song right now: Death of autotone Jay-ZFavorite song ever: Holland, 1945 Neutral Milk HotelFavorite movie right now: Inglorious BastardsFavorite movie ever: Dr Strangelove ( Points to Raquel for Eternal sunshine. Kaufman's pretty much my favorite screen writer.)What car do you drive: black 2009 honda accord coupeFavorite food: Fresh, high quality sweet strawberriesBest place you've visited: BarcelonaTop place on your to visit list: Toyko Craziest place you've had sex at: Library at Northwestern the week before finals. Favorite website: Cheggit.netFavorite drink at a bar: Gin and Tonic or Scotch neat.Favorite drink at home: Red wineRed wine or white: RedFavorite childhood cartoon: TransformersCraziest thing you've done: Went to a Millwall football game verses Cardiff, in a red hawaiian shirt, and sat in the upper deck with all of the um.. hooligans. I didn't know how crazy what I was doing was at the time. I probably wouldn't have even gone to the game, much less sat where I did, much less not wear blue. Millwall pretty much has the most violent, crazy fans in all of england, which is saying something

BigD I will concede that Dr. Strange love is Kubrick's most accessible and awesome film but how can you deny 2001 as his most operatic masterpiece?
Well, I wouldn't deny that 2001 is a masterpiece, and I wouldn't call strangelove operatic, but I would, personally, always prefer Strangelove because1) Irony is my favorite form of humor, and most works of narrative that I really really love are ironic and/or satirical. Other examples of this would be The big lebowski, The watchmen ( comic), Infinite Jest, Catch-22 ( the book), Twin Peaks, Charlie Kaufman's various movies, 8 1/2. 2) I'm a complete sucker for cold war stuff. My interest in history pretty much begins with ww1, and particularly in the post-ww2 era. 3) I can't believe the movie got made, when it did, how it did. It's so dark and funny and brutally cutting. It's shocking to me how good that movie is.So yeah, 2001 is more visually impressive. It is more... expansive of the artform of cinema.. but If I wanted to sit down, and watch one of them, I would 9 times out of 10 pick strangelove. the 10th time I'd likely be on serious drugs.

here are my brief thought s on 2001 vs Dr. Strangelove 1. Dr. Strange currently deserves to be ranked higher on imdb. Because it is a fun awesome movie with pertinent issues and is one of Peter Seller's Best Performances.2. 2001 is a better film in the long run because it really questions what it means to be alive. If you watch 2001 and do not realize that the humans are the bad guys then it is no wonder that it is just a big trippy film3. Dr. Strangelove issues are dying on the vine everyday. It only maintains it's entertainment and historical demarcation value as time creeps on. Plus the poltical observ ations of Dr. Strange love are foibles in 2001.4. Humanity has yet to catch up and comprehend what 2001 is about. It is about what it means to be alive, to care and love. What is it to be a a living loving sentient being. This is what Kubrick was about. He always question Humanity value and worth. But, in 2001 he raises issue beyond humanity itself and creates a self sacrificing hero who has all the traits that Kubrick never found in humanity. That hero is Hal2000and yesss I am drinking makers, :club: so take this as the the ramblings of a moron.

here are my brief thought s on 2001 vs Dr. Strangelove 1. Dr. Strange currently deserves to be ranked higher on imdb. Because it is a fun awesome movie with pertinent issues and is one of Peter Seller's Best Performances.2. 2001 is a better film in the long run because it really questions what it means to be alive. If you watch 2001 and do not realize that the humans are the bad guys then it is no wonder that it is just a big trippy film3. Dr. Strangelove issues are dying on the vine everyday. It only maintains it's entertainment and historical demarcation value as time creeps on. Plus the poltical observ ations of Dr. Strange love are foibles in 2001.4. Humanity has yet to catch up and comprehend what 2001 is about. It is about what it means to be alive, to care and love. What is it to be a a living loving sentient being. This is what Kubrick was about. He always question Humanity value and worth. But, in 2001 he raises issue beyond humanity itself and creates a self sacrificing hero who has all the traits that Kubrick never found in humanity. That hero is Hal2000and yesss I am drinking makers, :club: so take this as the the ramblings of a moron.
Well, now I know who's side you're going to be on when the nano-bots get sentient, you bastard.And also I don't think the issues in strangelove are dying at all. The specifics change, but the themes are eternal ones (unfortunately), as long as we have wars, power and governments.
Maybe we're closer to post-humanity that I suspect, but I think we're going to be burdened with the issues of strangelove for a great deal longer to come.
very true...the political issues are in 2001 as well. true, true and true. Remember the scene with the Russiansesque scientist in the Space station the fact that everything is a secret from every one but Hal...these are key issues in 2001 that ppl overlook in 2001.