The way our pool works, you ice six forward, four defencemen, and a goaltending team every night when there are six or more games on the schedule. On Saturday nights virtually every team plays, so this is what my Saturday night lineup would look like:Joe Sakic, COL. (OT PLAYER)Keith Tkachuk, STL.Alexei Yashin, NYI.Alexander Mogilny, NJ.Simon Gagne, PHI.Olli Jokinen, FLA.Adrian Aucoin, CHI.Greg deVries, ATL.Corey Sarich, TB.Craig Rivet, MON.Martin Brodeur, NJ. The obvious weakness is on defence, but what I'm most happy about is that my second six is awesome, and it doesn't even include future stars like Corey Perry, Raffi Torres, or Alexander Semin:Alexei Kovalev, MON.Mike Leclerc, PHO.Alexei Zhamnov, BOS.Radek Bonk, MON.Chris Drury, BUF.Ryan Malone, PIT. I have a lot of work to do on defense, and the plan is to trade some draft picks as well as some forwards from this second group. I still hope to land a Brian Leetch or even a Rob Blake sometime this season.

The way our pool works, you ice six forward, four defencemen, and a goaltending team every night when there are six or more games on the schedule.  On Saturday nights virtually every team plays, so this is what my Saturday night lineup would look like:Joe Sakic, COL. (OT PLAYER)Keith Tkachuk, STL.Alexei Yashin, NYI.Alexander Mogilny, NJ.Simon Gagne, PHI.Olli Jokinen, FLA.Adrian Aucoin, CHI.Greg deVries, ATL.Corey Sarich, TB.Craig Rivet, MON.Martin Brodeur, NJ.  The obvious weakness is on defence, but what I'm most happy about is that my second six is awesome, and it doesn't even include future stars like Corey Perry, Raffi Torres, or Alexander Semin:Alexei Kovalev, MON.Mike Leclerc, PHO.Alexei Zhamnov, BOS.Radek Bonk, MON.Chris Drury, BUF.Ryan Malone, PIT.  I have a lot of work to do on defense, and the plan is to trade some draft picks as well as some forwards from this second group.  I still hope to land a Brian Leetch or even a Rob Blake sometime this season.
the good news is the blues seem pretty happy with tkachuk since he's been back at camp. you might benefit by shipping brodeur for a young goalie (pick a good one) and some defensive help.

I already had Aucoin signed on my roster. I could have signed one of six top defencemen at the draft but felt as though the prices were too high for a d-man. I have several trades on board for Pronger, Leetch, Lidstron, and Blake...

I already had Aucoin signed on my roster.  I could have signed one of six top defencemen at the draft but felt as though the prices were too high for a d-man.    I have several trades on board for Pronger, Leetch, Lidstron, and Blake...
I would go after Jordan Leopold as he is a younger player and will put up similar numbers to the above D-men you've listed. Dimitri Kalinin on the Sabres is another I would look at acquiring. You can probably get these guys a lot cheaper than a Blake, Leetch or Pronger.
thats brutal that you have Tkachuk he is a fat slug now. Hes the highest paid player in the league and he showed up to camp at 235lbs!!
Your opinion is based on old news! Tkachuk looked very good in the game last night. He has been working with a personal trainer.

Brodeur huh?Even with Stevens, Elias(for a while), and Neidermeyer gone? The team also doesnt have much options, they over payed for most of their players, and are capped.Brodeur, best goalie in the league? maybe. But id take Floridas team infront of my goalie over new jerseys.

Ryan Malone will have a great start. Looks like he will lineup with Mario+Ziggy and have a huge first couple of weeks. If possible, Id use that as a stratedgy to trade for a top D, or instead, move a Mogilny for a top D. I like Mogilny this year, but injury is always a concern with him. also, I think DeVries is better than some may think. He won't get 40pts or nothing, but he will be used A LOT in Atlanta, Hartley like him, and he will score points with that offence. Maybe even get the occasional PP2 time. That said, thats a great top 6. Tkachuk is sorely undervalued this fall. Daniel, I like how deep and intense your pool is, but I question the whole "your player only plays when there are 6 or more games". Im curious why you guys like that and why you use it. Doesnt it greatly skew the worth of one team's players versus anothers? What I mean is, does that in some weird year based on scheduling make a Rolston on Minnesota worth more than a Glen Murray on Boston, because Minny plays a ton of games more than Boston does based on your sched?

thats brutal that you have Tkachuk he is a fat slug now. Hes the highest paid player in the league and he showed up to camp at 235lbs!!
I'm very impressed with Tkachuk. I heard at one point he was above 300lb's (Kevin Slaten is an idiot, but he said it) anyways, he came back for 1 game, and had the game winner, can't ask for much more. GL
He's looked good in practice also. Makes it nice when the Blues practice facility is in a mall...always open to the public :-)
It's a very neat mall too. Only 1 level, and its gotta be like 25 square miles,lol. I used to go there with my ex, it sucked so bad.... THERE WAS SOOOOOOO MANY STORES!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't skew it that much really. The reason we only play on nights with 6 games or more is that it would be silly to play on nights with only 3 games since no one could fill out a lineup. We play an 82 game season and it works well. Every Saturday and Wednesday along with a couple other random days a week. Boston plays a lot more than Dallas, but I'd still rather have Modano over Zhamnov.

It doesn't skew it that much really.  The reason we only play on nights with 6 games or more is that it would be silly to play on nights with only 3 games since no one could fill out a lineup.  We play an 82 game season and it works well.  Every Saturday and Wednesday along with a couple other random days a week.    Boston plays a lot more than Dallas, but I'd still rather have Modano over Zhamnov.
you're probably right. in real life, the scouts say modano looks like he's lost a step over the past year or two. this should be an interesting season.

also: i am serious about getting rid of brodeur, DN. do it now while you can get maximum return on him. pick up a guy like lehtonen and a couple of nice skaters. he's going to be worth far less in december when his SvPct is .907 and his record is 11-10.

Daniel will be lucky to get a mid-range player and a middle round pick for his devil's goaltending.............They are a little too overpriced to be dealt for much.
i sincerely disbelieve this. i think somebody is going to cream over marty and will irrationally give up more than they should for him. the key is to be selling him into preseason hype rather than middle-season malaise.(although, if you mean overpriced in his league, i would probably buy that.)

Well believe it........First off - the league goes by team NOT individual goalies.Secondly, the Devil's goaltending is near the top of the payscale in this league, which is why Daniel would be more than happy to take a decent offer for the devils.........although its likely he wont get what he is asking for....And btw - owners in this pool dont really "creem" over anyone.