i'm going to kill myself now

I lost my whole bankroll tonightI was down 200...my roll was at 500 so i bought into a 400nl and lost it all in an hour...bought in for my last 100 and lost that in 10 minutesi have had a stable bankroll for 8 months...and now its all gonei'm done. i'm killing myself. **** this.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we have all lost our br at some point, just take it in your stride, take some time off, relax, chill and think about where it went wrong and when your ready load up again and start again.

Welcome to the first stage in becoming a better poker player: Loosing your entire bankroll.See what happens when you cheat your limits? It's not very fun is it? No, it's not.I know, I've been there. I was just there, a few months ago. I lost $500 in less than a week. That was my entire bankroll that I had worked so hard to build up from a $100 deposit. And I lost it all in a fraction of the time it took me to acquire it.I stopped playing online poker for three months after that.So take a break from online poker. Only you can determine how long you need to take. Then, learn what the fuck bankroll management is. You don't know what it is or your choosing to ignore it. Either way it is an equation for failure.And stop saying your going to kill yourself. No one wants to hear that shit.

Welcome to the first stage in becoming a better poker player: Loosing your entire bankroll.See what happens when you cheat your limits? It's not very fun is it? No, it's not.I know, I've been there. I was just there, a few months ago. I lost $500 in less than week. That was my entire bankroll that I had worked so hard to build up from a $100 deposit. And I lost it all in a fraction of the time it took me to acquire it.I stopped playing online poker for three months after that.So take a break from online poker. Only you can determine how long you need to take. Then, learn what the censored bankroll management is. You don't know what it is or your choosing to ignore it. Either way it is an equation for failure.And stop saying your going to kill yourself. No one wants to hear that shit.
that's a great idea. i've done it before. the cool thing is i have like 16k in party points so i have 32 freerolls i can play plus a mini step level one tournament. but i wish i could go back in time.
I lost my whole bankroll tonightI was down 200...my roll was at 500 so i bought into a 400nl and lost it all in an hour...bought in for my last 100 and lost that in 10 minutesi have had a stable bankroll for 8 months...and now its all gonei'm done.  i'm killing myself.  censored this.
Do you know how much $500 is in the scheme of things? Almost nothing.Do you know the current value of your life? It's more than $500.Killing yourself is -ev.If you need something to add some value to your life, this is how you forum curse: Type the first few letters of the word, in your case "fu", then press the italics button twice, so you get a [i ][/i ] after it, then type "ck"See, doesn't life seem better already?

I started on 2/2/05 with $75...turned it into $2300 in 3 weeks. Won another $4k after that. Lived on it for 6 months. Then lost my last 700 and now I am to the felt. So overall I made 5800. That's pretty cool, but I could've done better. I'm drinking whiskey until I die.

Every poker player, particularly the great ones, has gone broke.The question is...will you learn from it?If you answer yes, then you have the right attitude to learn how to be a long term winning player.If you answer no, quit playing poker.

Every poker player, particularly the great ones, has gone broke.The question is...will you learn from it?If you answer yes, then you have the right attitude to learn how to be a long term winning player.If you answer no, quit playing poker.
Thank you.
I started on 2/2/05 with $75...turned it into $2300 in 3 weeks.  Won another $4k after that.  Lived on it for 6 months.  Then lost my last 700 and now I am to the felt.  So overall I made 5800
Thats not bad. U have no reason to be upset.

I just realized myself tonight, after having several 40-65 BB downswings, that I can do this. That I am a good player, and I know how to beat these tables.When I loose that much, I get scared. Scared that I can't go pro one day, scared that I can't win at poker, scared that I am unlucky or just don't know enough to beat these games.But I understand that it is my brain trying to protect me from pain, similar to a way that it will try to protect you from touching a hot stove.Remember when you are a child and your parents tell you all the time: "Don't touch the stove. Don't do it!" And sooner or later, when they aren't looking, you touch it. It is the most excruciating pain you have ever felt, and your brain makes sure that you never touch it again to protect you from being hurt again. Every time you see a stove after that, you slow down and make sure you don't touch the hot parts.Well it's the same in poker; your brain is trying to protect you from being hurt again. But poker, like some of the best things in life, is full of pain.The mark of a true champion, not just in poker but in life, is someone who stands back up after they were just kicked down and says to himself: "I'm not going to let this unfortunate event hold me down, I'm going to learn from my mistakes and keep going forward no matter how much it hurts and no matter what anyone says."So ask yourself: What do you want? Do you want to go forward and achieve your dream, or do you want to give up and fade away; becoming dust in the wind.

No Offense, but if losing $500 or whatever you lost really bothers you that much, I don't think you should continue playing, unless it's as a hobby.I'm always reading these stories about somebody dropping like a few hundred and now have no bankroll, not to burst your bubble, but you never really had one to begin with. You need to have an emotional detachment to money if your going to become successful at poker, so you should stop looking at being up or down X amount of dollars and more along the lines of how well you are playing. I honestly couldn't tell you how much I'm up or down for a given period, because I don't keep track. It's really not all that important either, because I'm in it for the long run and I know I'm beating the games, which means I'll be able to turn a profit when it's all said and done.I don't know maybe I'm out of touch with most of you guys though, I started playing at 10/20 when I first started(I'm a sicko), so I guess I've got more gamble in me than most people :club:. Regardless, once you've gone through some crazy swings (ie. Winning 10k in a week and losing 10k in the next week), you get past the money part of the game and concern yourself with other things.