'I put you all-in'

Not only is it a valid thing to say to someone.It gets to them. And isn't that half of poker? You guys can play by every number you come up with and speak perfect english. But if someone can get under your skin and keep the presensce of mind to realize you are now upset with them, well then you might find yourself in a lot of trouble.Any move like, I put you all in or how many chips do you have....its all posturing and it usually works on your average players.

Not only is it a valid thing to say to someone.It gets to them. And isn't that half of poker? You guys can play by every number you come up with and speak perfect english. But if someone can get under your skin and keep the presensce of mind to realize you are now upset with them, well then you might find yourself in a lot of trouble.Any move like, I put you all in or how many chips do you have....its all posturing and it usually works on your average players.
Works to do what?My guess is that it works to make your opponent think you are an idiot.

time for my .02. Don't you hate when you are all the way in, and the guy/girl asks you to go deeper? Or is that just me? Sorry, I'm Irish. Or asks you if you're even in. I digress. What were we talking about?

time for my .02. Don't you hate when you are all the way in, and the guy/girl asks you to go deeper? Or is that just me? Sorry, I'm Irish. Or asks you if you're even in. I digress. What were we talking about?
even better is when you're on top and he says "wrong hole"
I hear this all the time in home games and it bugs the crap out of me. Obviuosly you cannot put someone all-in, only they can choose to bet their chips. The most you can do is declare yourself all-in and give them the opportunity to call. I know this seems like a small thing to get worked up about, but it comes up almost every time we play.I think a big part of it is that when people say this they tend to do so in such an arrogant tone of voice. IMO if you're going to be arrogant then at least you should make sure you know what the hell you're doing. To me, that's in the same ballpark as trying to flame someone cleverly, then misspelling half the words in your post.Does anyone agree with me or should I STFU?If I get flamed enough, maybe I'll back off this in the home games...
i remember Daniel in a tournament on TV saying...when he had a huge chip lead over the player he was up against say "i'm all in...or sorry i mean your all in"
You're tardy. This thread is so in your wheelhouse. I'm dropping dimes like JKidd over here...
Most he's I know only have one hole. Remind me to come to New Port Richey for the weekend. What's in the water over there?Unless I'm bangin his urethra.
I hear this all the time in home games and it bugs the crap out of me. Obviuosly you cannot put someone all-in, only they can choose to bet their chips. The most you can do is declare yourself all-in and give them the opportunity to call. I know this seems like a small thing to get worked up about, but it comes up almost every time we play.I think a big part of it is that when people say this they tend to do so in such an arrogant tone of voice. IMO if you're going to be arrogant then at least you should make sure you know what the hell you're doing. To me, that's in the same ballpark as trying to flame someone cleverly, then misspelling half the words in your post.Does anyone agree with me or should I STFU?If I get flamed enough, maybe I'll back off this in the home games...
i remember Daniel in a tournament on TV saying...when he had a huge chip lead over the player he was up against say "i'm all in...or sorry i mean your all in"
And if my friends were as good as he is, or managed to sound cool like that when they said it, I'm sure I'd have no problem with it.
Most he's I know only have one hole. Remind me to come to New Port Richey for the weekend. What's in the water over there?Unless I'm bangin his urethra.
Thanks. Now there's a popcorn kernal in my nostril...
you catch on quick, for a gay.
I am glad I am not the only one...I hear this crap all the time, and it annoys the shiat out of me, and once you say it to me, I am putting you on my top list of people to bust at the table and will make it a personal mission to do so.I usually give the same response if I know I cant call, or even if I can call...."No, I'll put myself all-in"Now that I know this irritated others just as much as me, perhaps I might use it here and there tho :club: Another annoying all in is Carlos Mortenson in his accent saying "I move all in"....For some reason (just the way he says it i guess, strange i dunno) being at the table with him saying that would irritate me a little-P.
You are the reason I'm so damn wealthy. TY.

your a fuckin idiat!!! wat du et mater whet somone sayes.Im dummer fer reeding these postses. your' a assdouchclownn so Shot da fook ipmisspelling is actually harder than I thought.

The comment about "I'll put you all in" is accurate - most people use it incorrectly, but you shouldn't get so worked up about it.In general, I've always (before the tv poker generation) heard this or used it when someone makes a bet in which if you rasie, their only option is to call for all their money, the odds are too good for them not to. Hence saying "I'll put you all in" after they bet 900 into a 1200 pot with only 300 behind, you re-raise for the rest of their chips and the pot is giving them odds that they can not fold to (unless of course they are on an outrageous bluff, which would be a stupid play at that point anyway)

Works to do what?My guess is that it works to make your opponent think you are an idiot.
Making your opponent think you're an idiot is a bad thing because...