analyze this

Yes, that is just what happened here :sarcasm:
Results of one hand should alter strategy :sarcasm:
This is what happens about 90% of the time... How about an example that is exactly similar to this one :In the WSOP 10k event buy in, you are in dealer with KK. The blinds are 50/100. Guy moves in UTG for 10k chips. You call here?
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares, even if he doesn't have AA, the call here is stupid as hell....
Nope.
Yes.... wasting all your chips is a great move
You mean doubling them up and crushing the tourney.
Yes, that is just what happened here :sarcasm:
Results of one hand should alter strategy :sarcasm:
LMAO.. where is your strategy again?.. call cuz the Kings match?. forget what occured within the betting and forget our tournament equity.. lets just look at what we have, and base our decision strictly on that

When i first read this thread i didn't think you were serious. Why clash with another big stack when against his range you are either 70/30 or a big dog. Whoomprat do you ever win any tournaments because this is pretty basic tournament strategy

I can honestly aggree with both options. There are cases where I would fold, and cases where I would push it. I DO NOT gamble all my chips away, I also don't wait around to be blinded out. I have folded KK and QQ pre-flop many times, if I felt I was beat, sometimes I was right, sometimes I was wrong. We all make wrong calls all the time, you are not perfect, neither am I. I make what I feel at the time is the right call. I was not in the hand or at the table, so I can not say for sure what I would do. If the OP would have come back and said he pushed with 44 and his K's held up, you would say good call. I don't know why everyone is so defensive about this, the OP made what he thought was the right call at the time.

I can honestly aggree with both options. There are cases where I would fold, and cases where I would push it. I DO NOT gamble all my chips away, I also don't wait around to be blinded out. I have folded KK and QQ pre-flop many times, if I felt I was beat, sometimes I was right, sometimes I was wrong. We all make wrong calls all the time, you are not perfect, neither am I. I make what I feel at the time is the right call. I was not in the hand or at the table, so I can not say for sure what I would do. If the OP would have come back and said he pushed with 44 and his K's held up, you would say good call. I don't know why everyone is so defensive about this, the OP made what he thought was the right call at the time.
ok. good post, at least we have gone past the flames.Without knowing any info, why i elect to fold this, is because a small lead in raise, followed by a re-raise, then a push all in from the original lead in.If he is making a move with 4,4 etc.. than he made a ballsy play and won himself 300.00 plus 45 from blinds. Which i much prefer over calling and him showing AA,
ok. good post, at least we have gone past the flames.Without knowing any info, why i elect to fold this, is because a small lead in raise, followed by a re-raise, then a push all in from the original lead in.If he is making a move with 4,4 etc.. than he made a ballsy play and won himself 300.00 plus 45 from blinds. Which i much prefer over calling and him showing AA,
You are right as far as the risk involved. In tournies, it is very hard to get involved with other big stacks for almost all your money if you do not know for sure you have him beat. It just sucks to get a monster hand and having to fold it.

that look like positions are dug in, I always thought it was a basic strategy of tournament play that you dont face off against another big stack in the early/middle stages without the nuts. Whatever you think the odds of winning or losing that particular hand are, if you have a stack that dominates most of the field your $Eq is preserved by saving your chips for the smaller stacks.Edit: sorry rocks...when I got returned to the forum your post said the same thing.;

weathermania wrote: I don't think this is a difficult decision... the range of hands that he could push with includes AA, but also includes all kinds of hands that you dominate... depending on how much of a gambler you think he is. There are not many players in an online tournament to whom I'd fold KK. It's an insta-call for me. weathermania Royal responded:why is anyone with double or triple the average stack at 15/30 level 2 of a tournament pushing with any range of hands?? can you explain your reasoning to calling here other than the fact that you hold KK?Early in a tournament the biggest stacks are not neccessarily the strongest players, they are usually the gamblers who have won the most races. My point was that unless you know the opponent, you can work with the very reasonable assumption that he is gambler hoping get his chips into a race. This gives a wide enough range of holdings that a call with KK is profitable. Why pass up a golden opportunity to gain a dominant position at your table?weathermania(Q: How does one do the quote in the white box?)

Early in a tournament the biggest stacks are not neccessarily the strongest players, they are usually the gamblers who have won the most races.  My point was that unless you know the opponent, you can work with the very reasonable assumption that he is gambler hoping get his chips into a race.  This gives a wide enough range of holdings that a call with KK is profitable.  Why pass up a golden opportunity to gain a dominant position at your table?
You already have one....
Push.  Do it.  If you loses to Aces, so be it.  Read Daniel's blog.
u know what is a more sound strategy than this.take your entry fee, cash it out, take the paper form bill of what its worth ,photocopy several times and try to pass it off.Your goin to end up in less doo doo doin the photo copy route than you will playing poker on "so be it" attitudes.
Your goin to end up in less doo doo doin the photo copy route than you will playing poker on "so be it" attitudes.
Um...no. It's a push. He could easily have QQ or AK (and actually more hands).Folding kings is playing scared, not playing smart.So be it.