analyze this

In a 25+3 on pacific just then, I pick up KK in late position. A guy in front me raises about 4xbb, so I re-raise to about 12xbb once it gets around to me.I note, I have about 3 times what I started with in chips, and the aggressor has slightly less than me, we're both in the top 5 chip stacks. Anyway, when the action gets back around to him, he pushes for all of his chips, which would leave me with about 300 to play with.The blinds are 15/30.What do you do in this spot?I'll post the results later.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a 25+3 on pacific just then, I pick up KK in late position. A guy in front me raises about 4xbb, so I re-raise to about 12xbb once it gets around to me.I note, I have about 3 times what I started with in chips, and the aggressor has slightly less than me, we're both in the top 5 chip stacks. Anyway, when the action gets back around to him, he pushes for all of his chips, which would leave me with about 300 to play with.The blinds are 15/30.What do you do in this spot?I'll post the results later.
he made it 4x?. looks like a AA who wants action from other Aces, and low PP.I fold this hand when he comes over the top.. Not easy to fold KK but this early in a tourney when i am double the avegrage stack size. i fold.

I don't think this is a difficult decision... the range of hands that he could push with includes AA, but also includes all kinds of hands that you dominate... depending on how much of a gambler you think he is. There are not many players in an online tournament to whom I'd fold KK. It's an insta-call for me.weathermania

it would be a heck of a fold.
not really.. i folded AK last night when i made it 3200 to go and he came over the top of me, he showed KK. why risk your entire stack for something so stupid as a preflop race this early?.KK is dominating over any hand except AA, but i still dont like calling in this spot. the 4x raise is just to eerie
I don't think this is a difficult decision... the range of hands that he could push with includes AA, but also includes all kinds of hands that you dominate... depending on how much of a gambler you think he is. There are not many players in an online tournament to whom I'd fold KK. It's an insta-call for me.weathermania
why is anyone with double or triple the average stack at 15/30 level 2 of a tournament pushing with any range of hands??can you explain your reasoning to calling here other than the fact that you hold KK?

Yo! It's about that timeTo bring forth the rhythm and the rhymeI'm a get mine so get yoursI wanna see sweat comin' out your poresOn the house tip is how I'm swingin' thisStrictly Hip-Hop boy, I ain't singin' thisBringing this to the entire nationBlack, white, red, brownFeel the vibrationCome on come onFeel it feel itFeel the vibration(Chorus)Vibrations good like SunkistMany wanna know who done thisMarky Mark and I'm here to move youRhymes will groove youAnd I'm here to prove to youThat we can party on the positiive sideAnd pump posititve vibesSo come along for the rideMaking you feel the rhythm is my occupationSo feel the vibrationCome on come onFeel it feel itFeel the vibration(Chorus)Donnie D break it downDonnie D's on the back upDrug free, so put the crack upNo need for speedI'm the anti D-R-U-G-G-I-E myBody is healthyMy rhymes make me wealthyAnd the Funky Bunch helps meTo bring you a show with no intoxicationCome on feel the vibration

not really.. i folded AK last night when i made it 3200 to go and he came over the top of me, he showed KK. why risk your entire stack for something so stupid as a preflop race this early?.KK is dominating over any hand except AA, but i still dont like calling in this spot. the 4x raise is just to eerie
I agree with your logic completely, yet to be honest I don't think I fold. I'm just not that good yet. It's easy for me to say I'd fold here in the forum, but when actually playing I think I'd have to see his aces for myself...
I agree with your logic completely, yet to be honest I don't think I fold. I'm just not that good yet. It's easy for me to say I'd fold here in the forum, but when actually playing I think I'd have to see his aces for myself...
You're right, i still get those same feelings where youthink.. maan, if he turns up... and sure enough.. but after several of those, and some Q&A your game starts to take shape and you arent worried so much, especially in tournaments.Great example, in the Neg-O last night, me and spademan went from top 5 chips leaders for most of the night, then down to last 5 with 2/3 of the field gone. 30 minutes later, we are both at the final table. Always going to be better spots when risking your tourney life, and a double up in chips here doesnt guarantee you jack crap anyways.

If you fold KK in this position as a big stack you will never win a tourney...weak players fold there...he may think you are trying to muscle him and his possible hands are AA AK QQ even as little as JJ or AQs...if he was really a tight player and did this, then and only then would I hesitate...but I STILL CALL 99.9% in this spot...remember, you are not busted with this call even if you get beat...

If you fold KK in this position as a big stack you will never win a tourney...weak players fold there...he may think you are trying to muscle him and his possible hands are AA AK QQ even as little as JJ or AQs...if he was really a tight player and did this, then and only then would I hesitate...but I STILL CALL 99.9% in this spot...remember, you are not busted with this call even if you get beat...
I've won tourneys and i fold here.. soo i guess this idea is flawed
I never knew what a huge vagina you were.Passing on chance to double up because there's 5% chance this monkey has AA? I believe a race is when it's about even i.e. opponent has two over cards to your pair. There's only one overcard to KK, so no race.Per your AK fold, that would he a race against any pocket pair. Whole different ballgame.

I can see your point Royal about dumping a lot of chips so early in a tourney, but if you can double up so early in a tourney, and you can put your opponent on something less than aces, I think you take the shot.

I've won tourneys and i fold here.. soo i guess this idea is flawed
I have won 40+4 tourneys and I fold here. You are playing against the 2nd chip leader for almost all your chips. You are a ****ing retard if you think calling here is right just because you are a chip leader....This would make more sense if you were a shortstack than a chip leader vs 2nd chip leader. What a donkey seriously.

You are 70% here to win when he has one ace (a lot of the time), 20% when he has aces (he has so many chips, why would he push with junk), and 80% when has has a smaller pair (hardly any of the time).you have over 100 big blinds, why would you want to waste almost all your chips here. You get to be chip leader of a tournament early on, you aren't knocking anyone out that gives you an increased cash. You are just increasing your chips at this early stage of the tournament. If he has AA you lose the tournament in the early stages when you have over 100BB, if he has an ace then you still go out 1 in every 3 times.... If he has an underpair then you can be real happy that you got lucky.