why i am giving up poker

Dear Friends,I finally decided; I cannot feel good about making a living (or even a pleasant side profit) from this sort of person.
Why don't you just play .25/50 or $5 SNGs for fun that way you know that you specifically aren't taking the family nestegg from someone and you can still enjoy playing, not neccessarily for the money, but for fun.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats the way you feel and you believe in your convictions then more power to you. Good luck, as Smash says.The rest of you, learn a little humility. I'm sure while none of you are problem gamblers (sw), the majority suffer from some sort of problem, because you certainly aren't perfect. Of course, Internet bravado is always the best type, isn't it.

Losers will lose one way or another. Don't blame poker.Losers play poker, winners invest in poker.Losers never want to study, they want to have fun. It hurts their brains to think.Have fun.
I agree. Bankroll management is a key thing to winning and possibly making a living at the poker game. Sometimes I feel bad for those who have a gambling problem, but I am not the one maxing out a credit card or sneaking money from my wife or family to feed my need to gamble. But it was a good read to the OP. Good luck to you in what you do after poker, and good luck to all of us who will continue to play the game.