the "big game" on stars

So I'm playing with a friend of mine a couple nights ago, around my normal stakes ($2/$4 NLish) even though he plays much higher, so I agree to sit at $10/$20 NL with him for TWO rounds... just for shits and giggles. (I REPEAT: I follow BR management... 8) )Anyways, long story short, I get KK 5 hands in, end up taking down a $1200 pot with quad kings against someone with ... 8 high. My biggest pot ever, woopdy friggin do.That's just a side story: I've rolled up to $2k on stars since I've stopped cashing out recently. First, understand that I have zero, I repeat, ZERO interest in taking on any game above $2/4 or $3/6 NLish for now, until I get my BR up to where it's supposed to be. ZERO. Interest.However, what I am posing is a question for anyone who has experience with the $10/$20 NL on stars, since I'd guess there's a few of you here...Is it really as soft as some people say it is?? I know I know, there's some good players and some bad players, but overall, what has been your experience in it? My friend is a consistent winner there (to say the least) and constantly talks about how soft the game is.Obviously, my brief (BUT GLORIOUS) stay there means absolutely nothing... this is really just a question out of complete curiousity. It's just amazing to me that some people will sit with $2k at a table and still be that damn bad.Any info would be super-spectacular.Thanks!-hoosierAKs

Don't really know/care... and I haven't noticed ElkY at that game in a while.I didn't really post here to talk about him, and I don't think it's really anybody's business about the specifics of his poker-playing. I only mentioned him to explain what the hellll I was doing sitting at 10/20.Why do you ask?

ive played in the 10/20 NL a few times on pstars,and have done ok,there are alot of players who are weaker than you would imagine.Im not a pro at all and am fortunate enough to have a good enough job to play in these games,but alot of the time I find myself surprised at alot of the plays made by certain players in this game(although i havent played enough hands to have an accurate picture of my results,i have so far held my own) .One guy who i have been consistently outplayed by was a player called h@llinggol,who seems to play there quite alot.My "normal"game is 5/10NL but i havent noticed any real difference between the two limits. :?

Every time I see h@llinggol online he has like $7000 in play, and alot of the time even more.As I've seen/heard he's one of the better players on Stars.
Well,i have to admit ive suffered at his hands,he's a tricky aggressive opponent.
Don't really know/care... and I haven't noticed ElkY at that game in a while.I didn't really post here to talk about him, and I don't think it's really anybody's business about the specifics of his poker-playing.  I only mentioned him to explain what the hellll I was doing sitting at 10/20.Why do you ask?
Wow, You really got defensive lol. I was just curious.. Used to be play an online game w/ Elky a LOT a few years back.. we got into poker around the same time but never kept in touch... Just want to see some stats on the guy, I would assume based on what I know about him that he crushes the game.
Don't really know/care... and I haven't noticed ElkY at that game in a while.I didn't really post here to talk about him, and I don't think it's really anybody's business about the specifics of his poker-playing. I only mentioned him to explain what the hellll I was doing sitting at 10/20.Why do you ask?
Wow, You really got defensive lol. I was just curious.. Used to be play an online game w/ Elky a LOT a few years back.. we got into poker around the same time but never kept in touch... Just want to see some stats on the guy, I would assume based on what I know about him that he crushes the game.
You played starcraft? cool.

I'll try to answer your question...When you play a TAG, great starting hands, lower limit philosiphy game at the games 5/10NL and higher, it may work nicely for small profits in the short run (maybe a day, week, month or so). But what will eventually happen is the stronger players will realize you are a nut peddler and exploit that trait. So the hand when you had KK and you stacked a guy who had 8high (undoubtedly on a draw) may have seemed like a donk play, but in reality that player's aggressive moves probably force a lot of laydown's from players who can't stand the heat with AK or mid pair.The higher you go, the more players depend on reads and bold, aggressive moves...But yeah, there are still a lot of donkeys who can't play very well.

You played starcraft? cool.
Jayson Weber isn't cool enough for StarCraft.I played though :club: