biggest buy-in

200+15 Live. 100+9 online.
Largest single bet on a sporting event.
3500. On the Heat to cover the regular season win total line for last year.They needed 53 wins a total that seemed amazingly low for a team with Shaq in the Eastern Conference. First 2 weeks of the season I was sweating and then they reeled off that 14 game win streak and I knew I was golden. Never underestimate Shaq.
3500. On the Heat to cover the regular season win total line for last year.They needed 53 wins a total that seemed amazingly low for a team with Shaq in the Eastern Conference. First 2 weeks of the season I was sweating and then they reeled off that 14 game win streak and I knew I was golden. Never underestimate Shaq.
Solid. Be careful on that one this year. They might cruise until the playoffs. And take a while to gel.
Solid. Be careful on that one this year. They might cruise until the playoffs. And take a while to gel.
I doubt I would make that bet again. The oddsmakers still didnt have a handle on just HOW good Dwayne Wade was. So they set the line way too low last year. (52? in the East? Shaq and Wade? Seemed like the golden opportunity, hence the enormous bet)This year if anything they will probably set the line too high. I expect to see it be like 58 or so. Which they could exceed but might not for the reasons you stated and others.Now I ended up making a profit of 3300 on that bet. I actually won more money by betting less on the Heat last year. I bet 1500 getting 4.5 to 1 odds that Miami would sweep New Jersey in the first round of last year's playoffs. That was a huge score for me.

ok, first of all toronto rules and ottawa sucks. how many stanley cups have you guys won? thought so. and since this is my main point, feel free to make fun of me if you live in any of the two dozen or so cities that have won one more recently, and even more so if you live in montreal.more purposefully, i'm going to be in ottawa the last weekend of october (hoping to catch the sens/flyers on sunday). are there are good poker rooms around there, or low-limit underground games?thanks,daniel

Bet on that Toronto will suck. Our Canadian Basketball team sucks.
Canadian Basketball should be an oxymoron
interesting who invented the game? oh ya a canadain
And that's where the evolution of Canadian Basketball ended...KowboyKoop says "ZING"(i'm just playin)
And that's where the evolution of Canadian Basketball ended...KowboyKoop says "ZING"(i'm just playin)
and i believe it was invented AT an american university.come on guys, we lose our credibility in other arguments if we argue that we aren't horrendously bad at basketball.though if nash and magloire would play we might actually make it TO a largeish tournament.
Out of curiosity, what is the largest amount of money you've paid out of pocket to enter a tournamnet? I'm not talking about "I won a satellite to a $10K tourney" I talking about walking in and laying down cash to enter. There are so many ppl who are great on this site, I'm just curious how many put their money where their mouth is.My largest entry (of multiple times) is $1500
50 fpp on stars
When I was young and stupid, I once bought in $5000 for bacarrat.
When I was young and foolish I once bought in for $3000 on blackjack. Biggest, and probably the costliest mistake I ever made. Funny how you can do so well at the lower tables, but once you hit the big ones... :cry:
And that's where the evolution of Canadian Basketball ended...humm interesting, I am not saying Canada is a basketball powerhouse, and indeed the raptors would be better off with a trained monkey as a GM but as far as Canadians and basketball....who was MVP lastyear? Oh ya Steve NashKowboyKoop says "ZING"(i'm just playin)

150 online, 80 live. I'm eighteen and that was my only live experience, at Turningstone. ahh, the memories... For those that have been to T'stone, did you ever play a guy in stud named "Hugo"? He was the ugliest human i've ever seen, and he always barked/gaggled when he bet a good hand, one the funniest things ever.

I don't play tournaments much, but for a freezeout, it was $500. For a Re-Buy Tournament, I've been in for about $1000 or so I think, :club: I never really keep track, because I'm a machine when it comes to Re-Buy Tournaments :-)
An ATM machine?... ;-)$550