dn open hand...wwyd

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxHero (t1690)Button (t1775)SB (t1110)BB (t1435)UTG (t1350)UTG+1 (t1690)MP1 (t1620)MP2 (t1690)MP3 (t1400)Preflop: Hero is CO with As, Ah. 3 folds, MP2 raises to t80, 1 fold, Hero raises to t180, 3 folds, MP2 calls t100.Flop: (t390) Kd, Jh, Qc (2 players)MP2 checks, Hero bets t320, MP2 calls t320.Turn: (t1030) 6c (2 players)MP2 checks, Hero checks.River: (t1030) 8h (2 players)MP2 bets t1190 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: t2220

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxHero (t1690)Button (t1775)SB (t1110)BB (t1435)UTG (t1350)UTG+1 (t1690)MP1 (t1620)MP2 (t1690)MP3 (t1400)Preflop: Hero is CO with As, Ah. 3 folds, MP2 raises to t80, 1 fold, Hero raises to t180, 3 folds, MP2 calls t100.Flop: (t390) Kd, Jh, Qc (2 players)MP2 checks, Hero bets t320, MP2 calls t320.Turn: (t1030) 6c (2 players)MP2 checks, Hero checks.River: (t1030) 8h (2 players)MP2 bets t1190 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: t2220
Why'd you check the turn?
i just felt like he had two pair or a set when he just called the flop
most likely, either of those are pushing because that's a pretty nasty board for anything but AT. the only thing that coldcalling there is correct with is AT, anything else he made a mistake coldcalling. never know, might be up against a badly played KT or QT or something like that.

I dont mind the pre-flop 180. Bet too much more and youre going to price everyone out and you want to pick up a call. His play to me feels like KT,QT, JT, and I dont think its badly played given he was OOP.He thinks he's ahead and has a great draw. He's not concerned about immediately pricing out your draws because he has the same outs.You have been the aggressor pre-flop and on the flop, and he sees no reason with that turn card for you not to contribute a few more chips. You crossed up his plans by not betting the turn. If you had he would have gone all in then with the KT, and maybe laid back with the QT or JT.Now a blank hits and he thinks he's the winner, so my guess is he's got the KT.Given those reads,on the turn you need to price out a 6 card draw to the 9 or trips, and you would like to get him pot committed if he misses the draw. A half pot bet is sufficient to do that, while a continuation of 320 might be a little thin to get him pot committed, so I would bet 500. Now he has less reason to come over the top, since you are "cooperating" by being the aggressor. If he does, I call.I understand the reluctance to commit so many chips early in the tourney, but this doesnt seem like a coin flip situation to me. Youve got a big edge if the read is right. If he has two pair you still have 9 outs and if he has a set you still have 6 outs. If a 9 hits and he doesnt have the T he has to be very worried about leading out into you, so I would think a bet there is confirmation of the read and you can fold. Youve still got 690 to work with and the blinds are very low, with an M over 20, so unless the blinds are going up soon you shouldnt feel under too much pressure to make things happen.Obviously I call the river push as it was actually played out.

Weirdly played hand IMO.Re-raise pre-flop is fine - IF you are the type of player that wants action. If you would gladly take the small pot, then a larger raise is required.About a pot-sized bet on the flop, is fine, and was called.Blank on the turn, you checked, which CAN be fine if you are going to do something on the river if a non-scare card falls. I think you should still bet here though.River - basically another blank card fell, and your opponent goes all-in. Do you really think that an all-in WANTS you to call? I would estimate that 9 times out of ten AT LEAST you still have the best hand. Easy call for me. 8)