sickest goal ever?

It was the Barrie Colts of the OHL during practice, or a team skills competition type event sort of thing.Definately sick....I played in University with a guy who could do sick stuff like that...just blew me away every time I saw it.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/129663/Anyone know who it is or the teams? My son says its OHL playoffs.
That's pretty cool, looks like a "best-trick" competition at the OHL All-star game. There are pucks all over the ice, so it definitely didn't happen during a game. Haven't figured out who it is yet, cool vid though.
It was the Barrie Colts of the OHL during practice, or a team skills competition type event sort of thing.Definately sick....I played in University with a guy who could do sick stuff like that...just blew me away every time I saw it.
One Parise pulled on my son in a game (3 on 3, no defense lol) was almost as amazing but instead of completing the spin he roofed it from that deep behind his legs, off a rebound. He was pissed because my guy had just robbed him on a breakaway and his team got scored on off it to tie the game.

I must have watched that 15 times. When does he put the puck on his back hand? I think the shot comes off of his back hand, but when he flattens his blade on the puck, it's on his forehand. That's just insane.

I must have watched that 15 times. When does he put the puck on his back hand? I think the shot comes off of his back hand, but when he flattens his blade on the puck, it's on his forehand. That's just insane.
As he brings it back between his legs I think he puts it back on the ice and picks it up on his backhand, completes the spin and the shot. Definitely off his backhand, tho, did it almost frame by frame.BTW the pictures at the bottom "related stuff" come up randomly but there is one that came up of a goalie with a slit throat and more blood then ive seen since i was an army medic....and the claim he was back playing in 3 weeks.Anybody know that story?Oh...theres a movie of it search on "gross sports injury" A Sabres goalie in 1989 vs the Blues. The still that comes up on related stuff is clearer but the movie gives you a "feel" for it. Ouch
As he brings it back between his legs I think he puts it back on the ice and picks it up on his backhand, completes the spin and the shot. Definitely off his backhand, tho, did it almost frame by frame.BTW the pictures at the bottom "related stuff" come up randomly but there is one that came up of a goalie with a slit throat and more blood then ive seen since i was an army medic....and the claim he was back playing in 3 weeks.Anybody know that story?Oh...theres a movie of it search on "gross sports injury" A Sabres goalie in 1989 vs the Blues. The still that comes up on related stuff is clearer but the movie gives you a "feel" for it. Ouch
I've heard the story, don't remember who it was though, I think he took a blade to the neck if I remember the story correctly, trainer from the opponents team got to him first and he was back suprisingly quickly (I do'nt remember exact time frame)

Clint Malarchuk, goalie for the Sabres in the late 80's early 90's. Had his throat run over by (I think) a teammates skate, leading to that plastic throat protector that all goalies wear now. He recovered, but his career never really did.

Clint Malarchuk, goalie for the Sabres in the late 80's early 90's. Had his throat run over by (I think) a teammates skate, leading to that plastic throat protector that all goalies wear now. He recovered, but his career never really did.
What a wuss. A few spurts of arterial blood and he cant come back from it? :twisted: It was a teammates skate, but it doesnt look he got run over, it looks like the point on the toe did it, not the bottom of the blade. That is one ugly mess, comparable I assume to the tiger mauling Roy whatshisame.

I have never seen footage of the Malarchuk incident, but I have heard about it numerous times. Is it true that he didn't know he was cut until he went to wipe what he thought was sweat away from his throat, but wound up opening the cut and the blood started spurting out? That's what I've heard but I'd imagine he'd be down right after it happened.

As he brings it back between his legs I think he puts it back on the ice and picks it up on his backhand, completes the spin and the shot. Definitely off his backhand, tho, did it almost frame by frame.
Yes, his name is Rob Hisey and it was last year in a skills comp.It's never on his back hand. The puck is always on the forehand side of the blade. He picks the puck up in the same way as "The Michigan" move.If I can find the email, I have links to some nice goals in my work inbox. I'll try and dig it up tomorrow.

I can remember 2 goals that were pretty sweet. The first one was by Valeri Kamensky when he played for Colorado. I'm pretty sure he shot the puck between his legs on a backhand with a defender on him.The 2nd one was by Jeff Brown when he played for the Leafs. He got the puck at the blue line and skated backwards all the way around the back of the net and back out to the point, and fired a shot from the blue line. I think this one was against Washington.

I must have watched that 15 times.  When does he put the puck on his back hand?  I think the shot comes off of his back hand, but when he flattens his blade on the puck, it's on his forehand.  That's just insane.
As he brings it back between his legs I think he puts it back on the ice and picks it up on his backhand, completes the spin and the shot. Definitely off his backhand, tho, did it almost frame by frame.
You need to go back and look again because this is not done on the backhand. The puck is picked up on the front of the blade and cradled in the curve. Look closely at when he takes the puck off the ice. It is released in a backhand motion, but the puck is on the front of the blade with the blade turned over. It's essentially a lacrosse move with a hockey stick and puck.It's nice to watch, but it should be illegal to carry a puck IMO.

If there was an epidemic of guys pulling off the cradle shot, I'd be with you. Since it only happens maybe once a year (maybe) there's no need for a rule against it. It's just a cool thing that doesn't happen all that often, something to put on the highlight reel. Kinda like Eric Lindros making it through an entire season...

If there was an epidemic of guys pulling off the cradle shot, I'd be with you. Since it only happens maybe once a year (maybe) there's no need for a rule against it. It's just a cool thing that doesn't happen all that often, something to put on the highlight reel.  Kinda like Eric Lindros making it through an entire season...
Proactive, not reactive. :wink:
If there was an epidemic of guys pulling off the cradle shot, I'd be with you. Since it only happens maybe once a year (maybe) there's no need for a rule against it. It's just a cool thing that doesn't happen all that often, something to put on the highlight reel.  Kinda like Eric Lindros making it through an entire season...
Proactive, not reactive. :wink:
The NHL doesn't do anything unless they're staring down the barrel, you know it as well as I do. :)Besides, the only opportunity for the cradle is when a guy is left alone behind the net and the goalie isn't paying him any attention, something that almost never happens. If you tried it in open ice, you would either get your stick knocked out of your hands, or people would laugh after your 20 MPH flip shot landed harmlessly in the goalies catcher. Personally, I think it's creative, and fun to watch in the rare cases when someone actually pulls it off. Not as cool as that Datsyuk goal though, I've watched that clip about ten times so far this morning...