what is the most you've lost in one day?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone went into my house and stole 1.2k out of my room... when I was gone one day for a trip* to an amusement park.Btw: I was up to 600 today playing 1-2 nl and lost it all. Bad thing was I needed about 350 of it to pay a bill. Sometimes I just lack the discipline to walk away from the table when the time is right. I probably won about 6-8k this summer playing 1-2 nl (100 min 500 max buy in), yet between bills, car repairs (which doesn't run anymore), and poor money management skills I have nothing to show for it... except for some choice purchases.This last session I was up to 600 and then I started bluffing away my money. TO THE LOOSEST CALLING STATIONS EVER. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?See I down to about 500 when 2 new guys came in. The game was close to breaking up at that point... and I wish it had now... but we decided to let them play. Well, I decided I was going to do some advertisement. I bluffed a Joe (Call station) on the river and he called. 2 big mistakes about this:1. They were only going to play for 30-40 minutes anyway. The one guy only had enough for one minimum buy in.2. I took it too far. :(Why? Who the f*ck knows. Maybe part of it was that I wanted to get some hands soon so I could win back my "advertisement costs". Another part, and this in retrospect was the dumbest thing I almost NEVER do, I was kind of trying to show off to these guys. Anyway, long story shorter... I Lost a couple smaller pots and was at 400 at this point. I get A :club: K :D after playing tight for 10 minutes. I raise to 12 and get called by Josh (average player) and Joe (the aforementioned calling station) in the small blind. BB folds.Flop comes Q-10-7 rainbow. I make the standard flop bet , 15 dollars and I am called by both places. Turn - 9 I bet and again get called by both players. At this point, MY GUT TOLD ME JOSH had a hand. SOmething in how he put his call into the pot.Still the turn blanked for me, and had already decided on the flop that I was going to make a big bluff to win the pot. WHY?? Here is a little token peice of info that I left out: This was to be Josh's last hand. He was very adament about leaving the past couple hands... so I figured it would be very tough for him to call a large bet without a big hand. If he folded Joe, from experience, would NOT call a large bet without the nuts.Ok, all good and well. I go all in on the river... after Joe checked... unfortunately right into the nuts - K-J - which Josh made on the turn.Way to fucking go, steve! So, I lost 200 hundred on that hand and played very poor poker the rest of the game. Screw advertisement and getting loose calls, I was liquidating all the capital i needed to run my poker business.Depsite all this, I think I needed a good wake up call. I learned a lot from this session about my poker game's strengths and weaknesses. SOme valuable lessons learned and other things reaffirmed. Moral of the story: When the game isn't that good anymore... leave. Discipline. Don't bluff calling stations... discipline.

Sometimes I just lack the discipline to walk away from the table when the time is right. I probably won about 6-8k this summer playing 1-2 nl (100 min 500 max buy in), yet between bills, car repairs (which doesn't run anymore), and poor money management skills I have nothing to show for it... except for some choice purchases.
Ditto

I've lost $500 playing 6-12 in one 6 hour session. I won all my other sessions that trip though so i more than covered it. Most I've ever lost at NL is $300 at $1/2 NL. If you count the PartyPoker Step 4 higher 3k+300 sng (original 100k step higher structure) that would be my biggest loss ever. I didnt buy-in directly though stepped up from $30+3.The most I've ever lost gambling in general is $900 at blackjack in 3 hours. I will probably never play blackjack again. LOL.

$600.The players in the game I was in were sooooooo bad that I kept re-loading, thinking that one of these times my big hands will hold up. Alas it never happened, and I kept losing big hands when I had a huge advantage.This was the night that my set of 8s was outrun by some idiot's A7 on a board of A8Q. That's less than a 2% shot.

I lost $2100 in one day on Party. I completely went on tilt in cash games, which was not good. Lost it all playing $600 PL O8 and $1000 NLHE. Since then, I have found Party's $200 Sngs, and I love those :club:

I lost $2100 in one day on Party. I completely went on tilt in cash games, which was not good. Lost it all playing $600 PL O8 and $1000 NLHE. Since then, I have found Party's $200 Sngs, and I love those :D
Stay off my turf! :club:
I know it's not much, but I've played 4 with 2 1sts, a third, and 1 no cash. I always see it even on Fulltilt, but it's amazing how shitty players are who play in these things.

Most I have ever lost in one pot was between $900-$1000. In a day, I think it's somewhere in the $2500-$3000 range. I was in Vegas, and the whole loss wasn't playing poker, but it was a rough day on the NL tables and 15/30 & 20/40. Blackjack took the rest. Lesson learned.That's why you hear people thread after thread talking about the importance of playing within your bankroll, table selection, and not playing when you are under the influence of alcohol.....

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. :roll:
how much is that??? very, very curious... Allinbluff's loss almost made me stab myself in the eye w/ my pencil... Ive lost my BR in a 36hr session,,,that was when I had 1200, I felt like shit ,,,,
I lost $2100 in one day on Party. I completely went on tilt in cash games, which was not good. Lost it all playing $600 PL O8 and $1000 NLHE. Since then, I have found Party's $200 Sngs, and I love those :D
Stay off my turf! :club:
have any of u ever played the 200 SNGs on Pokerroom? I doubt they're as easy as party's but I think they give u 2.500 in chips and 12 min levels or something like that. I might play one to see what its likebtw. Rohnaldinho is the SHIT
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. :roll:
how much is that??? very, very curious... Allinbluff's loss almost made me stab myself in the eye w/ my pencil... Ive lost my BR in a 36hr session,,,that was when I had 1200, I felt like shit ,,,,
LOL. yaa. allin's is way more than mine, but i managed to lose half my BR last year one night while drunk and had some friends over.that was bad.

About $3,500. Lost a $1200 pot playing my normal 2/4 NL to a 1 out straight flush on the river, made the decision to play some 5/10 NL and went through another $2,000 with 2 more bad beats. If my hands hold up in those 3 spots I'm talking about my biggest win ever, but instead learned the value of bankroll management.

10.8 billion dollars.
holy shit! 10.8 billion, thats like... like....5.4 billion video games!And that my friends...is the reaction I get everyday from my roommate when I tell him I lost/won $300 or $500.....sometimes he divides the amounts into Dvd's or a new X-Box ( he can also combine it, ie. 3 dvds and a new Xbox, or 4 dvds and 2 video games and an I-pod). He's pretty good at it too, he can do it in like 2 seconds.