question about the wsop pool prizes(or lack thereof)

I'm getting really fucking tired of this thread.Just sayin'.
You know you're not obligated to read threads right?I don't like how in this thread guys are getting flamed. I'd say their concerns are fair. I know its a free prize, but if youre told once a month that the prizes are being shipped and don't have the prize 4 months later thats pretty lame. Honestly, its not that hard to get these things shipped. On the side I help ship stuff for my dads business and shipping the what like 25 items would take about 5 hours of times TOPS. especially since you can order most of them online and let those sites do the work for you! I hope all of ya get the present sooner than later. For the guy who wanted to give it as a Christmas present, that really is a shame, I hope it comes for ya in the next couple days. Also offering to donate the profits to charity or what not is pretty classy imo.
You know that the people who are whining in this thread deserve what they get right?You helping your dad is completely irrelevant; this site isn't Daniel's main source of revenue, exposure or even entertainment, I'm sure.I understand the concerns and they're valid.Half the products that were offered as prizes just recently released. Tell me any place(i.e. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Whatever) you can think of that you would've been able to buy 2 PSP's let alone 5 or 10 or 20 after they were released.Geez, I'd hate it if I won a prize that was so new and so up to date it wasn'teven on the market yet. Like I said, I understand the concerns; I really do. I don't know why DN wouldn't get those prizes out. What benefit would it be to him? Bad publicity? No good.I'm sorry if I get so sick and tired of the bitching on this forum that I blow up like this."The new site sucks.""Neteller sucks, so I'm not gonna play on FCP.""I'm never gonna get my prize.""I'm moving to 2+2.""The forums aren't the same now."What the fuck have half of you people contributed to this forum? I'm not talking OP here, BigD's done plenty. I'm talking the people with 19 posts who are crying. Hell, half of you probably just registered so you could get in the contests and take a shot at the prizes.I'm just saying, I'd take a free PSP a year after it was promised, it's still one more PSP than I had when I joined this forum.DN doesn't ask anything of you people for what he gives you. He doesn't say. "Hey, in return for those Oakley's, I'd really like it if I could use that quote from Thread X where you said you loved this site for advertising."I'm trying to remember what my grandma would say in a situation like this. Something about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that all the gifts are out, My orginal concern of wrong delivery to crank head neighbors is flaring up again. That would be irony..More likely my psp got put at the bottom of the out going mail box 'cause I started this thread. That's cool. I'll take one for the team, I guess...

I'm getting really censored tired of this thread.Just sayin'.
You know you're not obligated to read threads right?I don't like how in this thread guys are getting flamed. I'd say their concerns are fair. I know its a free prize, but if youre told once a month that the prizes are being shipped and don't have the prize 4 months later thats pretty lame. Honestly, its not that hard to get these things shipped. On the side I help ship stuff for my dads business and shipping the what like 25 items would take about 5 hours of times TOPS. especially since you can order most of them online and let those sites do the work for you! I hope all of ya get the present sooner than later. For the guy who wanted to give it as a Christmas present, that really is a shame, I hope it comes for ya in the next couple days. Also offering to donate the profits to charity or what not is pretty classy imo.
You know that the people who are whining in this thread deserve what they get right?You helping your dad is completely irrelevant; this site isn't Daniel's main source of revenue, exposure or even entertainment, I'm sure.I understand the concerns and they're valid.Half the products that were offered as prizes just recently released. Tell me any place(i.e. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Whatever) you can think of that you would've been able to buy 2 PSP's let alone 5 or 10 or 20 after they were released.Geez, I'd hate it if I won a prize that was so new and so up to date it wasn'teven on the market yet. Like I said, I understand the concerns; I really do. I don't know why DN wouldn't get those prizes out. What benefit would it be to him? Bad publicity? No good.I'm sorry if I get so sick and tired of the bitching on this forum that I blow up like this."The new site sucks.""Neteller sucks, so I'm not gonna play on FCP.""I'm never gonna get my prize.""I'm moving to 2+2.""The forums aren't the same now."What the censored have half of you people contributed to this forum? I'm not talking OP here, BigD's done plenty. I'm talking the people with 19 posts who are crying. Hell, half of you probably just registered so you could get in the contests and take a shot at the prizes.I'm just saying, I'd take a free PSP a year after it was promised, it's still one more PSP than I had when I joined this forum.DN doesn't ask anything of you people for what he gives you. He doesn't say. "Hey, in return for those Oakley's, I'd really like it if I could use that quote from Thread X where you said you loved this site for advertising."I'm trying to remember what my grandma would say in a situation like this. Something about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
hey Jim, i can tell you from personal experience that i only signed up so i could be a charter member and get prizes. now you need to stop complaining about everything, an be gratefull for what DN does with this spot. another case closed fools!
hey Jim, i can tell you from personal experience that i only signed up so i could be a charter member and get prizes. now you need to stop complaining about everything, an be gratefull for what DN does with this spot. another case closed fools!
Um, first, my name's not Jim.Second, you're exactly the kind of poster I was talking about.Third, I really don't believe I was being ungrateful, in fact, quite the freakin' opposite.Fourth, try reading the post before you reply to it, fucktard. Another case closed, jackass.
Um, first, my name's not Jim.Second, you're exactly the kind of poster I was talking about.Third, I really don't believe I was being ungrateful, in fact, quite the freakin' opposite.Fourth, try reading the post before you reply to it, fucktard. Another case closed, jackass.
um.. yeah..
your curse words offend me Jim. so cut that out before you get slapped into next month!(you dont really do that to people do you?)chyea i do!(damn)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...duct_id=3650305Simple enough. 5 minutes. I think about 3 people won PSP. http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4505-6464...81.html?tag=tprReleased Mar 24?So because I don't post often, but I read posts while playing poker, this makes me not deserve an honest prize status update? Maybe I don't post so much because I am busy PLAYING poker. I don't see how any serious player has the time to make so many posts. Posting the most here doesn't make someone more important than another person. Especially when the posts are not about poker. Most posts are flaming from teenage railbirds ragging on someone else's legit posting. Easy to accumulate a lot of posts like that. How many posts here actually contribute something of poker knowledge value? Other than some of smasharoo's posts, I have seen very little helpful here to my game.You're right about the prize though, if its free, it can take as long as DN wants to deliver prize. Next time expected prize delivery dates should probably be included in the rules. But don't lie to me about how its been shipped or how it is unavailable.
All I can say is you've waited this long, try to be patient a little longer. There have been many recent posts of people starting to receive their prizes. I hope that you get yours tomorrow, I really do. I still think that Daniel's intentions are good and he'll come through for you, just watch.
At what point would you admit that DN has not lived up to his obligations?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3650305Simple enough. 5 minutes. I think about 3 people won PSP. http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PSP/4505-6464...81.html?tag=tprReleased Mar 24?So because I don't post often, but I read posts while playing poker, this makes me not deserve an honest prize status update? Maybe I don't post so much because I am busy PLAYING poker. I don't see how any serious player has the time to make so many posts. Posting the most here doesn't make someone more important than another person. Especially when the posts are not about poker. Most posts are flaming from teenage railbirds ragging on someone else's legit posting. Easy to accumulate a lot of posts like that. How many posts here actually contribute something of poker knowledge value? Other than some of smasharoo's posts, I have seen very little helpful here to my game.You're right about the prize though, if its free, it can take as long as DN wants to deliver prize. Next time expected prize delivery dates should probably be included in the rules. But don't lie to me about how its been shipped or how it is unavailable.
You make some valid points.A couple quick things.-I meant the XBOX360's, not the PSP's.-You're not reading the strat forums enough if that's all that's helped your games.-I agree, the delivery date should be included.-The majority of my posts have taken place in the NLHE strategy section in serious discussion of hands from people on this board. If that's not contributing to this board, than I don't know how.
You make some valid points.A couple quick things.-I meant the XBOX360's, not the PSP's.-You're not reading the strat forums enough if that's all that's helped your games.-I agree, the delivery date should be included.-The majority of my posts have taken place in the NLHE strategy section in serious discussion of hands from people on this board. If that's not contributing to this board, than I don't know how.
I probably have not read strategy forums enough. I see what you mean. Though with all the hand details they seem very time consuming. Just seeing a lot of bad behavior on General Poker forum when people post a serious question. Thanks for your input. Any one have suggestion of where I should donate money from sale of PSP? Or even better - a place I can donate the PSP, without some charity director's kid scarfing it or giving to some kid who can't afford electricity or games for it.
All I can say is you've waited this long, try to be patient a little longer.  There have been many recent posts of people starting to receive their prizes.  I hope that you get yours tomorrow, I really do.  I still think that Daniel's intentions are good and he'll come through for you, just watch.
As soon as it's for sure that the people who won prizes have not received them. I know that prizes are being received little by little now, and plus we're at the busiest postal season of the year and that could be holding things up too.I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is a really good person. There were so many things going on when the contest ended, including his getting married. If I were planning a wedding I think that mailing out prizes would be pretty low on my agenda too. Plus, look at his history, he's always come through for us. Several members of this forum have already been to Vegas on Daniel and shown the town, etc. I just always try to take the attitude, with anybody, to see the good in people rather than the bad. Maybe that's a wrong way of looking at things, but it's so easy to see the bad things, it's much harder to see the good. I'm not preaching or anything so please don't take it that way. You just asked me a question and I'm trying to answer it honestly.
All I can say is you've waited this long, try to be patient a little longer.  There have been many recent posts of people starting to receive their prizes.  I hope that you get yours tomorrow, I really do.  I still think that Daniel's intentions are good and he'll come through for you, just watch.
As soon as it's for sure that the people who won prizes have not received them. I know that prizes are being received little by little now, and plus we're at the busiest postal season of the year and that could be holding things up too.I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he is a really good person. There were so many things going on when the contest ended, including his getting married. If I were planning a wedding I think that mailing out prizes would be pretty low on my agenda too. Plus, look at his history, he's always come through for us. Several members of this forum have already been to Vegas on Daniel and shown the town, etc. I just always try to take the attitude, with anybody, to see the good in people rather than the bad. Maybe that's a wrong way of looking at things, but it's so easy to see the bad things, it's much harder to see the good. I'm not preaching or anything so please don't take it that way. You just asked me a question and I'm trying to answer it honestly.
I got married too this summer and I didnt even have an assistant. Being busy is no excuse for giving out false information. It took longer to post the message board responses saying they had already shipped the FREE prizes than it would have to have ordered them or provide a status update. I have seen the best in DN and think he is a Godly person and pointed it out in the past, but I don't turn a blind eye to a promotion gone wrong either. I certainly will wish him the best after this is settled. A Christmas postal problem is only because they have waited so long. Last I checked email is not running late for status updates?So far you have defended the actions of FCP in this. You don't see ANYTHING wrong with how this was handled? If you entered a contest that ended 5 months ago and kept being told that the prizes have already been rewarded, you wouldn't question it if you didnt receive your prize? Would you ignore it and assume the company sponsoring the contest was made up of good people and let it go that easy? Would you not at least inquire if other received their prizes? Not so much for yourself, but more so to make sure others were treated fairly?
I got married too this summer and I didnt even have an assistant. Being busy is no excuse for giving out false information. It took longer to post the message board responses saying they had already shipped the FREE prizes than it would have to have ordered them or provide a status update. I have seen the best in DN and think he is a Godly person and pointed it out in the past, but I don't turn a blind eye to a promotion gone wrong either. I certainly will wish him the best after this is settled. A Christmas postal problem is only because they have waited so long. Last I checked email is not running late for status updates?So far you have defended the actions of FCP in this. You don't see ANYTHING wrong with how this was handled? If you entered a contest that ended 5 months ago and kept being told that the prizes have already been rewarded, you wouldn't question it if you didnt receive your prize? Would you ignore it and assume the company sponsoring the contest was made up of good people and let it go that easy? Would you not at least inquire if other received their prizes? Not so much for yourself, but more so to make sure others were treated fairly?
Well, we all have our ways that we handle these situations and I just have a different way of doing it. Like I said earlier, it by no means suggests that I'm right. I too am waiting on a WSOP Pool prize. Granted, mine was just recently released. I know we'll all get our prizes at some point. Hopefully that point is sooner than later. You have every right to feel the way that you do and so do all the others who feel the same way. I just feel differently myself about it. Maybe if I'd have waited for 4 months (or however long it's been since the contest ended) I'd feel like you do right now too. I don't know. I will just be glad when everyone's got their prizes in hand and this is over so we can all move on.
I'm getting really censored tired of this thread.Just sayin'.
You know that the people who are whining in this thread deserve what they get right?You helping your dad is completely irrelevant; this site isn't Daniel's main source of revenue, exposure or even entertainment, I'm sure.I understand the concerns and they're valid.Half the products that were offered as prizes just recently released. Tell me any place(i.e. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Whatever) you can think of that you would've been able to buy 2 PSP's let alone 5 or 10 or 20 after they were released.Geez, I'd hate it if I won a prize that was so new and so up to date it wasn'teven on the market yet. Like I said, I understand the concerns; I really do. I don't know why DN wouldn't get those prizes out. What benefit would it be to him? Bad publicity? No good.I'm sorry if I get so sick and tired of the bitching on this forum that I blow up like this."The new site sucks.""Neteller sucks, so I'm not gonna play on FCP.""I'm never gonna get my prize.""I'm moving to 2+2.""The forums aren't the same now."What the censored have half of you people contributed to this forum? I'm not talking OP here, BigD's done plenty. I'm talking the people with 19 posts who are crying. Hell, half of you probably just registered so you could get in the contests and take a shot at the prizes.I'm just saying, I'd take a free PSP a year after it was promised, it's still one more PSP than I had when I joined this forum.DN doesn't ask anything of you people for what he gives you. He doesn't say. "Hey, in return for those Oakley's, I'd really like it if I could use that quote from Thread X where you said you loved this site for advertising."I'm trying to remember what my grandma would say in a situation like this. Something about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Umm they deserve what they get? They are promised a prize 5 months ago and have been told 5 different times that the items are being shipped and they have no reason to complain? Please... My example of me helping my dad ship things is completely relevant. It speaks to how easy and quick it is to ship things. Its not like DN and Travis would have to give up a week of their precious time to get this crap sent out. Quite frankly with the advent of you know internet shopping it would probably take them about 30 friggin minutes so there is no time excuse. There is no reason DN himself couldnt do it. I bolded the funniest part. there were what like 30 or 40 people winning prizes? of those what 3 people won XBOX 360's and I garauntee not one of them have complained yet. You trying to say PSP's are new and unavailable is pretty damn funny since they have been out since about march and there has never been a shortage of them even when released. I like how you also tried to back out of this about 5 posts later, oops. Don't get me wrong or anything though, I think it was very generous of DN to offer this contest and to offer these prizes, the thing that doesn't sit well is the fact that several of these people have been lied to and mislead. if at the end of August DN and co said listen were very very busy right now so I'm not positive when the prizes will get to ya, but I hope they are there before the new year. Thats one thing, but constantly saying they have been shipped several times when clearly they haven't is bad business plain and simple.
... if at the end of August DN and co said listen were very very busy right now so I'm not positive when the prizes will get to ya, but I hope they are there before the new year.  Thats one thing, but constantly saying they have been shipped several times when clearly they haven't is bad business plain and simple.
I am sure that myself, BigD and others would have been satisfied with a response such as this.
You know that the people who are whining in this thread deserve what they get right? ...this site isn't Daniel's main source of revenue, exposure or even entertainment, I'm sure. ...Like I said, I understand the concerns; I really do. I don't know why DN wouldn't get those prizes out. What benefit would it be to him? Bad publicity? No good. ...What the **** have half of you people contributed to this forum? I'm not talking OP here, BigD's done plenty. I'm talking the people with 19 posts who are crying. ...Hell, half of you probably just registered so you could get in the contests and take a shot at the prizes. ...DN doesn't ask anything of you people for what he gives you. He doesn't say. "Hey, in return for those Oakley's, I'd really like it if I could use that quote from Thread X where you said you loved this site for advertising." ...I'm trying to remember what my grandma would say in a situation like this. Something about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Please don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way. Although I have yet to receive my chip set from the WSOP contest, I'm sure that I will. It's exciting to hear that others are starting to receive their prizes.Understand, though, that the contest was offered as a promotion to the site. It was supposed to bring increased traffic and new members. It is these numbers that are partially responsible for the changes that took place last week.The contest was free, but to say that Daniel didn't get anything out of it is not entirely true.EDIT: My chip set has arrived! Many thanks, Daniel!!!
Good for you BigD. Hey DN - just send me a check for the value and I will donate it somewhere. By the time i seel it on EBay, i ould have less cash to donate.
No offence, buddy, but that sounds fish.. you better just post a reciet with that.. or better yet, have DN donate it, and tell you what charidy he donated to. in your name, and send you teh receit so you can write it off..
Good for you BigD. Hey DN - just send me a check for the value and I will donate it somewhere. By the time i seel it on EBay, i ould have less cash to donate.
No offence, buddy, but that sounds fish.. you better just post a reciet with that.. or better yet, have DN donate it, and tell you what charidy he donated to. in your name, and send you teh receit so you can write it off..
Why fishy? I have XBox and no PS games, and no need to invest money for games to play on free system. I don't really trust DN to do what he says as that has proven untrue in the past.However; the PSP just arrived. Thanks to those who supported this and bumped this posting. Funny how BigD and I appear to be last to get prizes. Thanks to DN for having contest, but please keep prize winners informed next time so we wont have to go through this again. Thanks especially to BigD for hounding FCP about it.Based on how FCP handled this I choose to no longer be associated with this forum. Too much negativity... Especially since now it seems the only purpose was to generate players to poker site. That's understandable. But if you are trying to gain customers, you shouldn't lie to them and imply they should be grateful for receiving FREE prizes due to them. (DN) Bad for business. Good luck to all who post here (unless you are playing me) LOL. Look for me at any of main poker sites. handle: scarfire
Why fishy? I have XBox and no PS games, and no need to invest money for games to play on free system. I don't really trust DN to do what he says as that has proven untrue in the past.However; the PSP just arrived. Thanks to those who supported this and bumped this posting. Funny how BigD and I appear to be last to get prizes. Thanks to DN for having contest, but please keep prize winners informed next time so we wont have to go through this again. Thanks especially to BigD for hounding FCP about it.Based on how FCP handled this I choose to no longer be associated with this forum. Too much negativity... Especially since now it seems the only purpose was to generate players to poker site. That's understandable. But if you are trying to gain customers, you shouldn't lie to them and imply they should be grateful for receiving FREE prizes due to them. (DN) Bad for business. Good luck to all who post here (unless you are playing me) LOL. Look for me at any of main poker sites. handle: scarfire
How are the prizes being shipped? USPS, UPS, or FedEx?