question about the wsop pool prizes(or lack thereof)

SO since Daniel has assured us that other that stacked and xbox prize winners, the other prizes "have been delivered" I assumed my psp must have been lost in the mail. I emailed travis a couple days ago, asking for the date when the item was mailed, and the tracking number. So far, I've received no respondse. Bump.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no fear, true believers, even as I posted the rather snotty post above this one, in general there was this thread already started...http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...pic.php?t=39823with the first confirmed prize delivery, the banging oakley thumps ( which I am mondo jealous of.. if only I'd picked Greenstein on my team.. sigh...)So, have no fear, folks.. the wait is almost over. Thanks in advance, DN.

Since we've gotten our first offical prize sighting, it's calmed me down a little bit. I'd still like to know the date my psp was sent, and the tracking number, as I live on a major street, with shady neighbors, and the mail man has the habbit of just leaving valueable packages on my front door step ( which is like 5 feet from a major street) or on my neighbor's door step ( my neightbor I suspect is a meth addict, and I trust him about as far as I could throw the Krablar King). But at any rate, I'm going to hold off bumping this for a week, and give the PSP a chance to arrive. But if it hasn't arrived by then, I'm going to start an email campaign, asking for the shipping info, as Travis has ignored my first email on the issue.

What a sad saga. I think the word that springs to mind is "unproffessional". I don't know about Daniel (and his associates/employees/managers), but to me, that's about one of the worst things you could be.

i have been keeping an eye on this thread to see how many prizes have gone missing. i have not posted in this thread yet giving dn the benefit of the doubt, assuming your meth addicted neighbors most likely swipped it. BUT, as the thread wore on i think it became increasingly apparent to all of us that DN, Travis, and the BIZ team have made this "new" comunity the priorty. I think that once this new and "improved" site gets off the ground you can expect more answers and the rightful arrival of all your prizes.

i have been keeping an eye on this thread to see how many prizes have gone missing. i have not posted in this thread yet giving dn the benefit of the doubt, assuming your meth addicted neighbors most likely swipped it. BUT, as the thread wore on i think it became increasingly apparent to all of us that DN, Travis, and the BIZ team have made this "new" comunity the priorty. I think that once this new and "improved" site gets off the ground you can expect more answers and the rightful arrival of all your prizes.
You sir are psychic..

I posted this in another thread but thought it would be appropriate here. I received an email from Travis on Wednesday, December 7th and he said in it that the XBox 360's would be mailed by the end of this week and we should have them not later than mid-week next week. I think they've just probably been really busy with the planning, design, implementation, of the new site, etc. Cool thing is, we're getting a great new look and things are looking more and more up in the WSOP Pool Prize Department too!Thanks Daniel!

and the mailman has the habbit of just leaving valueable packages on my front door step.
I have not seen this from the USPS perse. Fed Ex and UPS are unfathomably bad with this practice. It has happened to me and I know several people who have not received packages that were supposedly delivered. Some stuff must be signed off and some stuff isnt signed for when delivered. I have asked but have not received an explanation that flies. You have to love it when UPS or whomever says "we show from our records that the package was delivered and can show proof by tracking numbers". They try to maintain that when the package "gets to the correct address, even though a person does not physically sign for and or pick up the package that it counts as delivered".That is an obvious flawed perspective.Here is a post I made in September on a "Drag Racing" website about this very issue:UPS is just as bad. A year ago I ordered 2 Fujinon Image Stabilization Binoculars with 2 sets of special lenses and they cost $2,400. They had it signed off as delivered but I never received it. They sent me copies of tracking this and that and said "there is nothing we can do as it was delivered". I said I want to see a signature that was obtained at the time of delivery and of course they said noone signed for it. They were so "matter of fact and short about it" They said "Noone had to sign" and said nothing else. I do not know if it is the item itself or the size or the location of the delivery but sometimes you have to sign when you receive a package from UPS and sometimes not. I informed my credit card company and sent them all material . UPS "Big Wigs" said "Your credit card company can't help you". They were big time A-HOLES. With the nature of the items and the way UPS "has been" lately I was not worried at all about the outcome. UPS "found" the package and SENT IT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS. The company sent me a letter saying they were going to charge me a 15% restocking fee. I talked to them on the phone and they were almost as bad saying that was standard procedure when an item was returned. Um? Hmm? Uh? I told them I never received an item so? They were like yes? what? The total lack of common sense and intelligence of both parties was unfathomably stunning. My credit card company never even put the 15% fee which was about $350 and did not charge me any interest or finance charges. The company with whom I made the purchase sent me letters stating they would take me to court to get the money and this and that. I said "whatever". They of course never did anything. It never ceases to amaze me how some companies assume the individual with which they deal is an idiot. :roll:
and the mailman has the habbit of just leaving valueable packages on my front door step.
I have not seen this from the USPS perse. Fed Ex and UPS are unfathomably bad with this practice. It has happened to me and I know several people who have not received packages that were supposedly delivered. Some stuff must be signed off and some stuff isnt signed for when delivered. I have asked but have not received an explanation that flies. You have to love it when UPS or whomever says "we show from our records that the package was delivered and can show proof by tracking numbers". They try to maintain that when the package "gets to the correct address, even though a person does not physically sign for and or pick up the package that it counts as delivered".That is an obvious flawed perspective.Here is a post I made in September on a "Drag Racing" website about this very issue:UPS is just as bad. A year ago I ordered 2 Fujinon Image Stabilization Binoculars with 2 sets of special lenses and they cost $2,400. They had it signed off as delivered but I never received it. They sent me copies of tracking this and that and said "there is nothing we can do as it was delivered". I said I want to see a signature that was obtained at the time of delivery and of course they said noone signed for it. They were so "matter of fact and short about it" They said "Noone had to sign" and said nothing else. I do not know if it is the item itself or the size or the location of the delivery but sometimes you have to sign when you receive a package from UPS and sometimes not. I informed my credit card company and sent them all material . UPS "Big Wigs" said "Your credit card company can't help you". They were big time A-HOLES. With the nature of the items and the way UPS "has been" lately I was not worried at all about the outcome. UPS "found" the package and SENT IT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS. The company sent me a letter saying they were going to charge me a 15% restocking fee. I talked to them on the phone and they were almost as bad saying that was standard procedure when an item was returned. Um? Hmm? Uh? I told them I never received an item so? They were like yes? what? The total lack of common sense and intelligence of both parties was unfathomably stunning. My credit card company never even put the 15% fee which was about $350 and did not charge me any interest or finance charges. The company with whom I made the purchase sent me letters stating they would take me to court to get the money and this and that. I said "whatever". They of course never did anything. It never ceases to amaze me how some companies assume the individual with which they deal is an idiot. :roll:
Fex Ex,UPs, USPS, they all do the same thing. Give a courtsey knock, andthen leave the shit on my door.
Did PooPooMcMuffins get his prize yet? I'm not sleeping at night due to concern.
Answer is nope.. thanks for the bump...
lol, are bumps going to make a difference at this point?I hope you get your prize soon.
Did PooPooMcMuffins get his prize yet? I'm not sleeping at night due to concern.
Answer is nope.. thanks for the bump...
lol, are bumps going to make a difference at this point?I hope you get your prize soon.
Nope, but being called poopoomcmuffins, and having my plight refererd to so sarcastically, makes me want to say **** of you pig ******, but mom said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.. so I say " thanks for the bump" INstead. .you know, it's kinda like when you tell someone "nice hand"

My bump is that I doubt anyone would have been getting anything if this thread hadn't been started by BigD and bumped so much. We could never get a response from email. Its not the delay that bothered me so much as DN and Travis outright telling us that this is/was being taken care of in Sept, Oct, and again in Nov. DN acted like we were just complaining about our FREE prizes. I did not appreciate his misleading statements or unprofessionalism. I realize now I have wasted too much time at this site and he has lost a fan. Also, there were the DN worshippers saying to trust them just because they said it. Just because someone says something it doesnt mean its true. I used to look up to DN, but not now. I do appreciate the few people who did support us though. Thanks for standing up for what is right. Too late to give away PSP as Christmas present, so I will sell to highest bidder, then donate the money when/if I ever get PSP.BTW, No PSP here yet. Must have same mailman as you BigD. LOL.

My bump is that I doubt anyone would have been getting anything if this thread hadn't been started by BigD and bumped so much.  We could never get a response from email.  Its not the delay that bothered me so much as DN and Travis outright telling us that this is/was being taken care of in Sept, Oct, and again in Nov.  DN acted like we were just complaining about our FREE prizes.  I did not appreciate his misleading statements or unprofessionalism.  I realize now I have wasted too much time at this site and he has lost a fan.  Also, there were the DN worshippers saying to trust them just because they said it.   Just because someone says something it doesnt mean its true.  I used to look up to DN, but not now.  I do appreciate the few people who did support us though.  Thanks for standing up for what is right.  Too late to give away PSP as Christmas present, so I will sell to highest bidder, then donate the money when/if I ever get PSP.BTW, No PSP here yet.  Must have same mailman as you BigD.  LOL.
All I can say is you've waited this long, try to be patient a little longer. There have been many recent posts of people starting to receive their prizes. I hope that you get yours tomorrow, I really do. I still think that Daniel's intentions are good and he'll come through for you, just watch.
I'm getting really censored tired of this thread.Just sayin'.
You know you're not obligated to read threads right?I don't like how in this thread guys are getting flamed. I'd say their concerns are fair. I know its a free prize, but if youre told once a month that the prizes are being shipped and don't have the prize 4 months later thats pretty lame. Honestly, its not that hard to get these things shipped. On the side I help ship stuff for my dads business and shipping the what like 25 items would take about 5 hours of times TOPS. especially since you can order most of them online and let those sites do the work for you! I hope all of ya get the present sooner than later. For the guy who wanted to give it as a Christmas present, that really is a shame, I hope it comes for ya in the next couple days. Also offering to donate the profits to charity or what not is pretty classy imo.