question about the wsop pool prizes(or lack thereof)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are in the right BigD. I have not received my PSP either for finishing 9th. The fact that the prizes are free is irrelevant. The prizes in most contests are free. Otherwise, no one would play them. If Publisher's Clearing House doesn't pay up, does that make it fair? What about where you put your name and address in a box to win something at a retail store? It's nice of DN to offer the contest, but he or Travis should have kept us informed of the status. Doesn't take long to send out a few emails. DN - Reading Case for Faith now. Good book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no response or prizes from FCP. I have talked with several other members who did not receive their prize. I am curious.... Did ANYONE get what they were promised? Why bother with any of these contests if the prizes are not paid out?

Sorry guys, I hadn't bothered with thread because I was already aware that all of the prizes are in the process of being shipped out. Some aren't available yet, while some needed to be ordered. My boy Travis is on it, though, and has everyone's information and everyone will get their FREE stuff! :-)
Sounds like a response.

Since DN bothered to answer, I made a private commitment to myself about not bumping this thread till december, but I'm going to break it, since I got this message from scarface. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it with all of you. Quote messageI still haven't gotten the prize. Have you? I am losing faith in FCP and DN. The prize isnt that important, but integrity is. DN answers tons of posts, so its not like he doesnt know about it. could order a PSP online and ship in 5 minutes, so could he and Travis.I think this portion is particularlly germaine to what this thread is all about, and the whole issue.Also, one thread comes to mind, or the irony of it.http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...1283&highlight=This is a long post, about a guy who should have gotten a Howard Lederer DVD from full tilt, but after several months did not, and got little in the way of corrospondence from full tilt. The point of his post was that it wasn't the value of the gift that mattered, but the fact that they were not making good on their word. DN personally responded to this post like this

Sounds like you got screwed buddy... how about a free Full Contact Poker T-Shirt on the house? I promise we'll get it to you within the year :-)
I find it amusing that DN was so eagar to tweak Full tilt with this offer, and yet FCP has been so ill-communicatiive and tardy in making good on their own promotions.The point is I don't really care that much about my PSP. I was planning on giving it to a relative as an xmas gift. The point is that FCP should make good on it's word and it's promotions. Regular bumping will resume on Dec. 1.
Update From Travis: The prizes are currently being sent out. Some of them took much longer than anticipated to obtain and some are not available yet(xbox360, stacked). Everything that is available should be going out within the week. The Xbox's and Stacked games are preordered so it shouldn't take long to get those once they're released.Hope that helps,Gov
Okay, one last bump.. I was reading through this thread, and saw this post by the gov from sept 29. The bold in this post is obviously false.

If I see DN at the FCP Hard Rock party in December, I'll mention it to him BigD, but only because you've been so understanding and patient throughout this whole ordeal.yw for the worthless bump

If I see DN at the FCP Hard Rock party in December, I'll mention it to him BigD, but only because you've been so understanding and patient throughout this whole ordeal.yw for the worthless bump
Thanks alot, maple! Much appreciated.. but I think you can tell, from the tone of my last couple posts, that my pacience is wearing thin...
Thanks alot, maple! Much appreciated.. but I think you can tell, from the tone of my last couple posts, that my pacience is wearing thin...
I've sent several Private Messages, as well as an email, to Travis about the XBox 360's and haven't received a reply. I just want to know if they are being drop shipped directly from GameStop to us or if they are sent to Travis and then he is mailing them out, etc. I live in a large apartment complex and my postman is notorious for leaving packages by the door if there is no answer. I don't want the thing getting ripped off because I had no idea it was coming, etc.A simple status about all of our prizes would be sufficient. I know this must be getting old as this thread is rather large, but you'd think we'd hear something about dates shipped, reasons not yet shipped, etc. I'm very appreciative that this contest was run to begin with and that we are getting prizes at no cost to us. I just think some better communication about them is what is lacking.By the way, to everyone at FCP, have a GREAT holiday season (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, etc.)! This is one of my favorite websites to read and learn from so all of you are greatly appreciated!
Thanks alot, maple! Much appreciated.. but I think you can tell, from the tone of my last couple posts, that I'm starting to get a little out of line with these constant bumps. After all, it was free and even if I get it a year from now it's still better than a kick in the junk.
FYPGov and DN both have addressed this.You're gonna get your freaking prizes.
Thanks alot, maple! Much appreciated.. but I think you can tell, from the tone of my last couple posts, that I'm starting to get a little out of line with these constant bumps. After all, it was free and even if I get it a year from now it's still better than a kick in the junk.
FYPGov and DN both have addressed this.You're gonna get your freaking prizes.
There's a large gap between getting an answer and getting a prize.

Just as BigDMcGee wrote, I was planning on giving away my PSP anyway. I have XBox (much better than PS2 LOL)and no PS games. Instead I am curious if ANYONE got a prize. Haven't heard of anyone that did.

Actually, most people have gotten their prizes. I just found out the situation on some of the other prizes:Oakley Hats: waiting on the order to come inStacked Games: Not available yetX BOX 360's: Just released and we have them pre-ordered. They simply need to be shipped out now. Other than that, I think the rest of the stuff has been delivered. Sorry this got so nutty guys, a lot of the stuff wasn't availale yet and took longer than expected... but hey, it's still free right! LOL :-)

Actually, most people have gotten their prizes. I just found out the situation on some of the other prizes:Oakley Hats: waiting on the order to come inStacked Games: Not available yetX BOX 360's: Just released and we have them pre-ordered. They simply need to be shipped out now. Other than that, I think the rest of the stuff has been delivered. Sorry this got so nutty guys, a lot of the stuff wasn't availale yet and took longer than expected... but hey, it's still free right! LOL :-)
Awesome, Daniel! Thanks for responding! It was just crazy not hearing anything. I want to get really good at the XBox 360 games so that when make as WPT or WSOP table, I can always beat you at XBox if you kick my butt at the tables (hehe). Thanks again! I'm excited about this beyond what you can imagine (or maybe you can). :club:

WHO CARES?I'm trying to read other posts about how people are donks and who is better that Phil Ivey and why joseph hachem sucks, stop wasting my time.o wait, i'm at work ... please continue to waste my time.

I JUST received an email saying I won something in the WSOP contest. I had no idea I made it far enough to win anything. They haven't forgotten about people who won something. Be patient. :wink:

Ok, I've noticed that people went out of their way to complain that they hadn't recieved their prizes but won't do anything to tell people when they did get them.  Sounds like a bunch of whiners to me.
No whining here. Just facts.I can only speak for myself that I have not received anything from FCP. PSP has been out for a long time now and contest was in July. Perhaps they have a tracking number in case it was lost by mail carrier? I will post when I receive it.
big d has to be 16
http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0596&highlight=FYI: It seems that back in July, BigD was the 1st person to thank DN for having the contest with a very appreciative post. In fact, now that I look at those postings, BigD and I were among the few that were posted their appreciation.It seems that we were very appreciative of our FREE prizes.
Ok, I've noticed that people went out of their way to complain that they hadn't recieved their prizes but won't do anything to tell people when they did get them.  Sounds like a bunch of whiners to me.
No whining here. Just facts.I can only speak for myself that I have not received anything from FCP. PSP has been out for a long time now and contest was in July. Perhaps they have a tracking number in case it was lost by mail carrier? I will post when I receive it.
I have not recieved my psp either. This concerns me greatly. As I've said previously in this thread, my mail often gets delivered to the house behind mine, which is an 1/2 house. I am concerned it got delivered to them. Have the prized been sent out, or have they been delievered? I need a tracking number definatly...