party 200 sng's?

To Mr. Smartass who thinks he can call people stupid for whatever reason because he's too lazy to actually try and understand what all they are saying:Well maybe you should take your time and read things before you jump to hasty conclusions. I was overstating what I thought and missing an important distinction. Before you rip into someone, you should see what they actually have to say in totality.
I am responding, just bringing up all of your posts in the topic to bring up a discussion
Yes, and I am glad you understand a little bit better what I was saying now and we don't have to bitch pointlessly, the last point you made in particular is very similar to a comment I made earlier. Grinder: You are welcome. It is my first thread and so I take some pride in it as well.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how you guys play in these sit and go's.  I typically don't play any hands in the first three rounds, then get super-aggressive once the blinds increase...usually making it an all-in fest.  It works well enough, cashing 40%.My best friend just plays ABC poker the whole time and also cashes in about 40%...what works best for ya'll???
if you primarily play SNG's go to the 2+2 STT forum, there are a lot of good tools over there to help improve your game.
I agree completely, they are extremely helpful and I have used them myself. Definitely worth the minute or so it takes to troll over there and check it out
i used to play these a lot, then i figured out it was a complete waste of money.  after level 4 it becomes an allinfest, plain and simple.  people start pushing and all it comes down to is if you catch cards at the end and who wins the coinflips, there is hardly any skill involved once you reach about 5 players.  so once i started running bad i would end up losing every coinflip, every 2-1 favorite etc. and not cash in these, there is way too much luck involved in these to put up such a substantial amount of money.  so in conlcusion, i stopped playing these and i wouldn't recommend these sngs to anyone else either.edit- reading through everything it seems like a lot of people are taking about these sngs as positives, i just don't see how you could possibly recommend a sit and go for that amount of money on the site that has by far the worst sng structure of any site.
it's a different type of strategy you have use. Figure out who steals blinds and you can steal from and you also have to learn to push in marginal situations. Which will lead to more luck being involved and variance is a pain in the ass which is why I recommend more than the 30 buyin rule because the more marginal situations you get into the variance you will experience.
i used to play these a lot, then i figured out it was a complete waste of money.  after level 4 it becomes an allinfest, plain and simple.  people start pushing and all it comes down to is if you catch cards at the end and who wins the coinflips, there is hardly any skill involved once you reach about 5 players.  so once i started running bad i would end up losing every coinflip, every 2-1 favorite etc. and not cash in these, there is way too much luck involved in these to put up such a substantial amount of money.  so in conlcusion, i stopped playing these and i wouldn't recommend these sngs to anyone else either.edit- reading through everything it seems like a lot of people are taking about these sngs as positives, i just don't see how you could possibly recommend a sit and go for that amount of money on the site that has by far the worst sng structure of any site.
it's a different type of strategy you have use. Figure out who steals blinds and you can steal from and you also have to learn to push in marginal situations. Which will lead to more luck being involved and variance is a pain in the ass which is why I recommend more than the 30 buyin rule because the more marginal situations you get into the variance you will experience.
i understand the strategy for these things that's not the problem, i just don't think it's smart to recommend sngs for this much money on a site with by far the worst sng structure. almost every time it doesn't really matter how you play early, if you don't get lucky late, or at least win coinflips or find great cards at the end you can/will go through a rough patch, why would u play a 200 dollar sng on party when there are so many sites with the same exact sng with a much better structure???

My strategy for the Party Sngs is to play ABC poker, and play superaggressive by stealing against the Weak tighties at the table. You have to take the fact that it's the coinflip in the end, and just play the cards. You can still choose when to put your money in, and if you keep playing enough, you can win. FYI, I won the one I was just playing, so up $770 for the evening.

i understand the strategy for these things that's not the problem, i just don't think it's smart to recomment sngs for this much money on a site with by far the worst sng structure.  almost every time it dones't really matter how you play early, if you don't lucky late, or at least win coinflips or fine great cards at the end you can will go through a rouch patch, why would u play a 200 dollar sng on party when there are so many sites with the same exact sng with a much better structure???
I'm not recommending them, just telling you they're beatable. It does matter how you play early on in the sng because that will dictate how many chips you have to play with in level 5+. It comes down to money, if you beat a UB/Stars/FT sng how long does that take? Are their consistently enough SNG's running at that level so that you can play anytime you want and multitable? How about the amount of time it will take you to play one at another site compared to Party? So if you can maintain a similar ROI while playing party's you can get more games in while taking less time thus generating more $.

allin, i think u misunderstood what i was saying. i'm not saying that they aren't beatable because they are. i'm just saying i don't think it makes sense to play there with the structure being as bad as it is. also, i was exaggerating obviously when i was saying it doesn't matter how you play early, my point was simply that usually it comes down to who either wakes up with good cards at the end or who can win coinflips. yes, buiding up a stack early can help with pushing around the blinds but there is so much pushing that goes on after level 4 you really do have to get good cards and get lucky at the end. so anyways, yes i think they're beatable i just would never recommend to play sngs for that much money on a site with such a poor structure.

I was staked in the Party 200's at the end of my senior year.They we easier than the 20+2's.I used the money i made off of them to pay for my alcohol and east coast tour after graduation.4k i made in one week down the tubes in two.All worth it baby. 8)

Grinder MJ: Go read up on zeejustin.com about how he kills the party sit n goes. He just ran an experiment and played 1000 200$ on party. He basically 8 tabled the whole time which is sick, but he did it in just under 2 weeks i believe and banked 35k. he avg. 35$ a sit n go, so i think your first assumption is correct.

i understand the strategy for these things that's not the problem, i just don't think it's smart to recommend sngs for this much money on a site with by far the worst sng structure. almost every time it doesn't really matter how you play early, if you don't get lucky late, or at least win coinflips or find great cards at the end you can/will go through a rough patch, why would u play a 200 dollar sng on party when there are so many sites with the same exact sng with a much better structure???[/quote]Well this depends on how good you are, let's just say, LET'S JUST SAY, you are staking the best poker player in the world for 100 hours only! Playing only 200 sng's! One table at a time! Many seem to believe that Phil Ivey is the best player in the world, so let's just say, you are now Phil Ivey's backer for 100 hours. lolOnly a sucker would put him in other sites than partypoker! You want a great structure, you want him to have a high winning percentage, that's fine, you'll make some decent coin.But to fully take advantage of this great opportunity and make some big money for you! You want Phil Ivey to be playing sng's at partypoker for the entire 100 hours! It takes a minute or two for the tables to fill up and the game doesn't take forever. By the time he wins a couple in other sites, he's probably cashed in a few at party.All I'm saying is that if you are good enough and have a decent bankroll, great structures will give you a better opportunity to win. Crazy stuctures like party will give you an opportunity to make more money in less time. Risk-Reward factor.

I'm with canebrain on this one. If the table is tight, play loose, if the table is loose, play tight. That's sort of my poker strategy anyway... If a player is tight, I push against them, if a player is loose, I play tighter against them.I have no problem risking all of my chips on the first hand if I feel I can win the pot. Most people do, and most people end up out of the money.

i understand the strategy for these things that's not the problem, i just don't think it's smart to recommend sngs for this much money on a site with by far the worst sng structure.  almost every time it doesn't really matter how you play early, if you don't get lucky late, or at least win coinflips or find great cards at the end you can/will go through a rough patch, why would u play a 200 dollar sng on party when there are so many sites with the same exact sng with a much better structure???[/quote]Well this depends on how good you are, let's just say, LET'S JUST SAY, you are staking the best poker player in the world for 100 hours only!  Playing only 200 sng's!  One table at a time!  Many seem to believe that Phil Ivey is the best player in the world, so let's just say, you are now Phil Ivey's backer for 100 hours.  lolOnly a sucker would put him in other sites than partypoker!  You want a great structure, you want him to have a high winning percentage, that's fine, you'll make some decent coin.But to fully take advantage of this great opportunity and make some big money for you!  You want Phil Ivey to be playing sng's at partypoker for the entire 100 hours!  It takes a minute or two for the tables to fill up and the game doesn't take forever.  By the time he wins a couple in other sites, he's probably cashed in a few at party.All I'm saying is that if you are good enough and have a decent bankroll, great structures will give you a better opportunity to win. Crazy stuctures like party will give you an opportunity to make more money in less time.  Risk-Reward factor.
Or lose more money in less time. Someone on here said they wouldn't recommend playing SnGs for a living, yet I derive 1/2 my income from SnGs (the other 1/2 from MTTs). The structure at PP is so ridiculous playing there is not wise. Sure, good players can win at them, but those same players could make much more playing SnGs with better structures. Take zeejustin, for example. Excellent player, but he's still young, and he still has some work to do on his business decisions. Playing $200 SnGs for 2 weeks netted him a nice profit, but he could have earned much more at a different site, IMO.Basically, all SnGs come down to a crap shoot at the end. At PP, however, the crapshoot starts very early on, many times when 1/2 the field or more is still in the game. 800 chips, 1000 chips, both are ridiculously low. Find a site that starts you at 1500 with a good blind structure, and you can still finish a SnG in about an hour. Oh, and in case you never noticed, some sites are 10 handed and some 9 handed. Personally, I prefer 9 handed.
i understand the strategy for these things that's not the problem, i just don't think it's smart to recommend sngs for this much money on a site with by far the worst sng structure. almost every time it doesn't really matter how you play early, if you don't get lucky late, or at least win coinflips or find great cards at the end you can/will go through a rough patch, why would u play a 200 dollar sng on party when there are so many sites with the same exact sng with a much better structure???[/quote]Well this depends on how good you are, let's just say, LET'S JUST SAY, you are staking the best poker player in the world for 100 hours only! Playing only 200 sng's! One table at a time! Many seem to believe that Phil Ivey is the best player in the world, so let's just say, you are now Phil Ivey's backer for 100 hours. lolOnly a sucker would put him in other sites than partypoker! You want a great structure, you want him to have a high winning percentage, that's fine, you'll make some decent coin.But to fully take advantage of this great opportunity and make some big money for you! You want Phil Ivey to be playing sng's at partypoker for the entire 100 hours! It takes a minute or two for the tables to fill up and the game doesn't take forever. By the time he wins a couple in other sites, he's probably cashed in a few at party.All I'm saying is that if you are good enough and have a decent bankroll, great structures will give you a better opportunity to win. Crazy stuctures like party will give you an opportunity to make more money in less time. Risk-Reward factor.
Or lose more money in less time. Someone on here said they wouldn't recommend playing SnGs for a living, yet I derive 1/2 my income from SnGs (the other 1/2 from MTTs). The structure at PP is so ridiculous playing there is not wise. Sure, good players can win at them, but those same players could make much more playing SnGs with better structures. Take zeejustin, for example. Excellent player, but he's still young, and he still has some work to do on his business decisions. Playing $200 SnGs for 2 weeks netted him a nice profit, but he could have earned much more at a different site, IMO.Basically, all SnGs come down to a crap shoot at the end. At PP, however, the crapshoot starts very early on, many times when 1/2 the field or more is still in the game. 800 chips, 1000 chips, both are ridiculously low. Find a site that starts you at 1500 with a good blind structure, and you can still finish a SnG in about an hour. Oh, and in case you never noticed, some sites are 10 handed and some 9 handed. Personally, I prefer 9 handed.
make fulltiltpoker you're sng home :wink: by far the bestno question
make fulltiltpoker you're sng home :wink: by far the bestno question
FT has good SnGs, but they don't fill up fast enough for me. I play almost exclusively at AP.