i love flopping quads :)

Playing in a $50NL ring game at Party Poker...my opponent leads out til the river where he gets the only card in the deck where can possibly call if he thinks im on a bluff:***** Hand History for Game 2746755245 *****0/0 Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) - Tue Sep 20 20:47:35 EDT 2005Table Table 54822 (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the buttonTotal number of players : 5Seat 1: Burtonate ( $16.82)Seat 3: stylez09 ( $50.60)Seat 4: ajb19 ( $103.45)Seat 5: MnotSangaman ( $78.20)Seat 6: bushmaster3 ( $28.20)ajb19 posts small blind (0.25)MnotSangaman posts big blind (0.50)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to stylez09 [ 3s, 3h ] bushmaster3 folds.stylez09 calls (0.50)ajb19 folds.MnotSangaman raises (2.50) to 3stylez09 calls (2.50)** Dealing Flop ** : [ Tc, 3c, 3d ] MnotSangaman checks.stylez09 checks.** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6d ] MnotSangaman bets (6)stylez09 calls (6)** Dealing River ** : [ Td ] MnotSangaman checks.stylez09 bets (41.60)stylez09 is all-In.MnotSangaman calls (41.60)Creating Main Pot with $99.45 with stylez09** Summary **Main Pot: $99.45 | | Rake: $2Board: [ Tc 3c 3d 6d Td ]Burtonate balance $16.82, sits outstylez09 balance $99.45, bet $50.60, collected $99.45, net +$48.85 [ 3s 3h ] [ four of a kind, threes -- Tc,3s,3h,3c,3d ]ajb19 balance $103.20, lost $0.25 (folded) MnotSangaman balance $27.60, lost $50.60 [ Qd Ad ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ad,Qd,Td,6d,3d ]bushmaster3 balance $28.20, didn't bet (folded)I love overbetting the river, opponents on party always swear I'm on a bluff.

Sorry, next time i want to share a hand, ill make sure not to provide any commentary so that you will not think I am giving a strategy or that I am the best poker player in the world. I am playing $50NL, this is a hobby..calm down.

Sorry, next time i want to share a hand, ill make sure not to provide any commentary so that you will not think I am giving a strategy or that I am the best poker player in the world. I am playing $50NL, this is a hobby..calm down.
Yeah DNA!! Control yourself... Your anger is out of control with those harsh words and i think you may need counseling reguarding this issue. Take a deeeeeeep breath and count to 5callmmmmmm downnnn
Playing in a $50NL ring game at Party Poker...my opponent leads out til the river where he gets the only card in the deck where can possibly call if he thinks im on a bluff:***** Hand History for Game 2746755245 *****0/0 Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) - Tue Sep 20 20:47:35 EDT 2005Table Table 54822 (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money) -- Seat 3 is the buttonTotal number of players : 5Seat 1: Burtonate ( $16.82)Seat 3: stylez09 ( $50.60)Seat 4: ajb19 ( $103.45)Seat 5: MnotSangaman ( $78.20)Seat 6: bushmaster3 ( $28.20)ajb19 posts small blind (0.25)MnotSangaman posts big blind (0.50)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to stylez09 [ 3s, 3h ] bushmaster3 folds.stylez09 calls (0.50)ajb19 folds.MnotSangaman raises (2.50) to 3stylez09 calls (2.50)** Dealing Flop ** : [ Tc, 3c, 3d ] MnotSangaman checks.stylez09 checks.** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6d ] MnotSangaman bets (6)stylez09 calls (6)** Dealing River ** : [ Td ] MnotSangaman checks.stylez09 bets (41.60)stylez09 is all-In.MnotSangaman calls (41.60)Creating Main Pot with $99.45 with stylez09** Summary **Main Pot: $99.45 | | Rake: $2Board: [ Tc 3c 3d 6d Td ]Burtonate balance $16.82, sits outstylez09 balance $99.45, bet $50.60, collected $99.45, net +$48.85 [ 3s 3h ] [ four of a kind, threes -- Tc,3s,3h,3c,3d ]ajb19 balance $103.20, lost $0.25 (folded) MnotSangaman balance $27.60, lost $50.60 [ Qd Ad ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ad,Qd,Td,6d,3d ]bushmaster3 balance $28.20, didn't bet (folded)I love overbetting the river, opponents on party always swear I'm on a bluff.
So you call a 5x BB raise with 3,3?. seems gutsy, you do know your odds to flop a set right?.. are you going to continue to call these bets?And, i dont think you can base your "over-bet" on the river as a "I made the smart move by over betting". what happend is you were lucky to play a complete idiot. who looked at the turn as the 4th diamond, and when the 5th diamond hit, he checked , probably trying to trap, not realising the very possible boat on board. This is an easy fold for me.

Royal Tour,I agree with your post. I understand my odds when calling 5x BB with just a pair of threes, as you mentioned the guy WAS a complete idiot. I was looking to out play him on the flop if it didnt look scary. I was fortunate enough to get paid on the river after flopping quads.

apology accepted
apology accepted
thanks

Wow..........Let me get this straight. The board read 10-3-3-6-10, and you moved all in on the river with a huge 41 dollar bet into less than a $10 dollar pot, and the guy called you with a flush. I would have to say that was a terrible play and you got payed off by a donk. CONGRATULATIONS :clap:

Wow..........Let me get this straight. The board read 10-3-3-6-10, and you moved all in on the river with a huge 41 dollar bet into less than a $10 dollar pot, and the guy called you with a flush. I would have to say that was a terrible play and you got payed off by a donk. CONGRATULATIONS :clap:
ghost!! where you been all my life.. i miss you
Sorry, but this is an idiotic post.Part of poker is knowing your opposition.The OP knew that if he overbet the pot there was a strong chance he would be called down.It was a good play.Jackass.

Royal, i missed you sweetcheeks. I havent spent much time at my computer lately.as for speedz,Let me ask you a question and i dont play on party poker so i dont know the stupidity that goes on there, but would you bet $41 dollars into a pot of less than $10 dollars in that spot? No value bet on the turn or anything, just check and pray that he makes his hand. If you wanna learn how to play quads, watch Jesus Ferguson in the circut event against Prahlad Friedman. That was textbook.What i was simply saying in my previous post was that, the play wasnt spectacular and the guy who called was an even bigger idiot for calling off that much money with terrible odds and a hand he was clearly beaten with. I beat stupid people all the time and dont post about it. Im sure we all do

And in that spot, how would you know you would get called down on the river card there. The OP said he hit his one card that would make him stay in the hand and it was a diamond, But that diamond also put a second pair on the board. I know shltty players that would be able to drop that hand. The one card the OP's opponent really couldve had to keep him in the hand was a 10. The OP got lucky he was playin an F'n moron.

Sorry, but this is an idiotic post.Part of poker is knowing your opposition.The OP knew that if he overbet the pot there was a strong chance he would be called down.It was a good play.Jackass.
I think the joke is that the OP said that "he gets the only card in the deck where can possibly call if he thinks im on a bluff". Um, no. If there would be at least 8 more of those (diamonds, that is). Double pairing the board, if anything, is the worst card for the Ace high flush, and would make it easiest to fold. Any other diamond would be easier to call a bluff at the pot. If the "villian" had a 10 here, then I could see how one of the two remaining 10s coming allows this guy to call, but this statement is ridiculous.OP. You won a good pot. NH.
Royal, i missed  you sweetcheeks. I havent spent much time at my computer lately.as for speedz,Let me ask you a question and i dont play on party poker so i dont know the stupidity that goes on there, but would you bet $41 dollars into a pot of less than $10 dollars in that spot? No value bet on the turn or anything, just check and pray that he makes his hand. If you wanna learn how to play quads, watch Jesus Ferguson in the circut event against Prahlad Friedman. That was textbook.What i was simply saying in my previous post was that, the play wasnt spectacular and the guy who called was an even bigger idiot for calling off that much money with terrible odds and a hand he was clearly beaten with. I beat stupid people all the time and dont post about it. Im sure we all do
First of all, you know I love you.To be honest with you, I don't play NL on Party. But from everything I've read in the past year, the OP's play has the maximim EV (sadly enough). You must realize that watching Jesus vs. Prahlad has zero effect on a low NL cash table on PP. For any reasonable poker player, calling a $41 bet into what was $10 pot with only a flush against a double paired board would be out of the questions. But again, we have to look at our competition, and how we can get the most money from them in the long run. Maybe the optimal play would be a value bet, but you are getting the ridiculously big bet called often enough to make this the best play. Again, this is just from what I hear about these games on Party.Does that make more sense?Oh, and as for the bragging about what wasn't a very well played hand (from a normal strategic standpoint) against an idiot...I dunno. But it was quads and he got payed off, so whatever floats his boat.
For any reasonable poker player, calling a $41 bet into what was $10 pot with only a flush against a double paired board would be out of the questions.
The pot was actually closer to $18, but it doesnt change anything. It was still a pretty poor play.