my journey to ac and the borgata wpt super satellite

I played in a super satellite for this very tourney last year and I bubbled out in 10th place. 8 Seats were paid and 9th got $8500. Anyway, I was pumped to play in this years super satellite and mentally prepared myself to play. I arrived in AC on Saturday night and played a little 3-6 holdem to warm myself up a bit. I played for about 5 hours only to be up $192 bucks. Not bad. Went to bed cause I had to get up early for the 11:00 SS at the Borgata.Woke up and headed over to the Borgata around 10:30 to find a pretty decent line to register. The SS ended up being postponed to noon since there were registrations for the all ladies event that ended up attracting over 500 women. I registered and got to my seat at 11:45.I was at table 10 in the 4 seat. I took my seat and there was a gentleman already in the number 3 seat to my right. I took a glance at his registration card and the name read Tony Hachem. I thought to myself, man this guy looks like Joe Hachem (for those who don't know, he won the main event this year). So i proceded to introduce myself and asked him jokingly if he was related to Joe. "He's my brother" (in an australian accent nonetheless.) Chills ran down my spine. I mean it was pretty cool for me anyway that i was sitting and about to play with the main event champion's brother. Anyway, i asked him why his brother didn't buy him in to the event and he said that his brother was making him earn it. Fast forward a bit and the tourney starts. This is great.... About into the 8th hand of the tourney, I look down at AK spades. The blinds are 25-50. I make it $200 to go. Guy to my immediate left makes it $700 to go. Folds all around and back to me. I stare at him for a few seconds and proceeded to call the extra $500. Flop comes Q 8 10 all spades. I had flopped the nut flush. BINGO!!!! I check and guy to my left bets out $700. I stare at him again and waited about 40 seconds before I smooth called. Turn card comes 10 diamonds. I check again. At this point I put him on AQ and feel i have him clobbered. He moves all in for around $3000 chips, covering what I have. I waited about 2 seconds before I called. He shows AA and was disappointed when I showed him the flopped nut flush. He has 3 outs which was the case Ace and 2 tens to hit the boat. This is the best part. River card....Jack of Spades. That's right, i hit the Royal Flush. Funny thing about it was I didn't even realize it, i only noticed it when the whole table went nuts. That was the first time ever i hit the Royal flush. I was pumped and felt this was my time. I built my chip stack to about $12000 when I ran into this hand. Maniac in seat 10 was hitting cards and sucking out like crazy. I look down to see AK of clubs and raised to $1200. The blinds at this point were $200-$400. Maniac in the 10 seat moves all in for $7500. Something in me knew that he was on a total bluff. It folded to me and I went into the tank for about 2 mins before I called. I was right, he had Q 10 hearts. I was pumped until the flop of all hearts comes up. I was drawing dead after the flop and my heart just sank. From there on my cards went numb. I made it to the $300-600 level before my pocket 7's ran into pocket K's and I went all in for $2400. My 7's didnt improve and I finished around 64th out of 208. Overall I had a great time. I met a lot of pros and got the chance to talk to David Williams. Really cool kid, he was sitting down by himself (why, I have no idea) in the satellite area and I introduced myself. (This was during the first break of the SS). I talked to him about for about 15 mins and he is real down to earth. Other pros I saw: Clonie Gowan, man is she beautiful in person. Martin DeKniff sitting behind a mound of $1000 dollar chips in the high limit room, John Robert Bellande sp?, Noli Franscisco, Sam Grizzle. I thought I'd share this story with you. Thanks for reading. Till next year!!!

Very nice.Sucks about the end but sounds like you had a blast. I really would have liked to have tried to satellite.Was not to be for me for this year.I still may try and satellite into either the ProJo at the Trop or the WSOP circuit event in November.There is also an outside chance I make the trek to Foxwoods but that is a long trip for me and I don't know if I have the energy to drive all that ways to maybe, and I mean maybe get lucky enough to satellite in.Long ways to drive on a maybe.Well good luck to you for next year. Any plans to try the other events I mentioned?

Yeah you can go to www.tropicana.net to get the info for the ProJo tourney and go to www.worldseriesofpoker.com for the full schedule and info for the upcoming events.There also is the US Championship, I think that's what it's called at the Trump Taj but that starts I think in 2 weeks so not much time to plan for that one.

Clonie Gowan, man is she beautiful in person
Wasn't she some high school beauty pagent winner? I don't doubt it either. And another thing. How many of the pro's there were playing in the satellite? I didn't expect david williams to be playing in that, but i guess if they can get a cheap buy in, might as well, right? Sam grizzle, on the other hand, i wouldnt be surprised if he was completely staked for the SUPER satellite. Actually i hope we see grizzle in the main event this year, always fun to watch.
Clonie Gowan, man is she beautiful in person
Wasn't she some high school beauty pagent winner? I don't doubt it either. And another thing. How many of the pro's there were playing in the satellite? I didn't expect david williams to be playing in that, but i guess if they can get a cheap buy in, might as well, right? Sam grizzle, on the other hand, i wouldnt be surprised if he was completely staked for the SUPER satellite. Actually i hope we see grizzle in the main event this year, always fun to watch.
David Williams wasn't playing in the SS. He was there watching and talking to Sam Grizzle for a bit. Then he left. Sam was playing in the SS however...I did see that.
You'll get 'em next year.Mrc, how was the blind structure & starting chip count?Did you feel comfortable with it & able to play alot of pots?I plan on going next year.
I was happy with the structure. the levels lasted 30 minutes and it went something like this1st - $25 - $50 2nd - $50 - $100 3rd - $75 - $150 4th - $100 - $200 5th $25 ante $200 - $400 6th $50 ante $300 - $600 this is where i got eliminated!! 7th $75 ante $400 - $800 8th $100 ante $600 - $1200 9th $200 ante $800 - $1600 10th $300 ante $1000 - $2000 11th $500 ante $1500 - $3000 12th $500 ante $2000 - $4000 13th $1000 ante $3000 - $6000 14th $1000 ante $4000 - $8000 15th $2000 ante $6000 - $12,000 16th $2000 ante $8000 - $16,000 17th $3000 ante $10,000 - $20,000