shorthanded limit

Yeah, Pokertracker is not the end all be all of poker. People who strickly go by the numbers remind me of people who say that clutch hitting in MLB is a myth, because it can't be quantified with numbers, when in actuality the world, and individual human behaviour is too complicated for basic math formulas to quantify. The humanistic side of poker is more relevant in short handed poker, and basic game theory, table image reads, and trickery happen quite often at the small stakes games I play in even. yeah, sure it may be less complicated than in higher stakes, but let's face it, it's poker not brain surgery.I truely believe in pokertracker, and own it, but I don't play that much online for it to be really beneficial to me all the time. There are a lot of great poker players in the world, who make shitloads of money playing poker, many of them online, and a lot of them don't use pokertracker.

Yeah, Pokertracker is not the end all be all of poker.  People who strickly go by the numbers remind me of people who say that clutch hitting in MLB is a myth, because it can't be quantified with numbers, when in actuality the world, and individual human behaviour is too complicated for basic math formulas to quantify.  The humanistic side of poker is more relevant in short handed poker, and basic game theory, table image reads, and trickery happen quite often at the small stakes games I play in even.  yeah, sure it may be less complicated than in higher stakes, but let's face it, it's poker not brain surgery.I truely believe in pokertracker, and own it, but I don't play that much online for it to be really beneficial to me all the time.  There are a lot of great poker players in the world, who make censored of money playing poker, many of them online, and a lot of them don't use pokertracker.
All aspects of poker, including reads, basic and advanced game theory, trickery, etc can be considered mathematically - its just a matter of using the right math. and unforunately i am not smart enough to go into much more detail.daniel

I just started playing SH this week after sticking to full for a long time. After an hour or so I got the hang of it. Looked up some hand guidelines and I've been doing pretty well. I haven't had time to delve into my play yet, I'm just getting a feel for it, but it's lots of fun.As someone else pointed out, paying attention to your opponents is incredibly important. You can pick up so much whereas in full ring I relied more upon stats than anything else.