sacrificing equity preflop with j-j

5-10 limit on PacificTable has been loose as hell.I find J-J in the SBUTG calls, UTG+3 calls, MP+1 calls, Hijack calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero CALLS, BB checks.8 to the flop!Flop: [5d Kh 5h] Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+3 checks, MP+1 bets, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero FOLDS.

i think you left a ton of money on the table.your postflop expectation goes down, but in that goldmine of a site, it can only go down so much...aseem

With eight players in, a raise in this case is more to get value for your set flopping than for the equity of JJ winning unimproved.Blessings,Posoo
i think you left a ton of money on the table.your postflop expectation goes down, but in that goldmine of a site, it can only go down so much...aseem
Yeah true, I understand, but I'd be a LOT more inclined to bloat the pot with 7-7 here than J-J.
Yeah true, I understand, but I'd be a LOT more inclined to bloat the pot with 7-7 here than J-J.
i think i know why you feel that way, but i want to hear your words.aseem
i think i know why you feel that way, but i want to hear your words.aseem
Well like the title of the post, it's a sacrifice of equity, but I'm not sure if it's correct, or if I should be auto-raising J-J for set value instead of attempting to win with JJ unimproved... to attempt to cut down opponents' odds (to gutshots,5 and 2 outers, even though bad opponents will chase regardless) if it's a flop of undercards. With 7-7 I'd auto-raise for set value, as J-J has more showdown worth and with 7-7 I'd have to be worried about 8, 9 and 10 as well as A, K and Q. There's a situation in HEPFAP regarding a loose game, it's a different situation ... but DS prefaces stating "When the pot gets big... Your number one priority is to win it, not to win more $, but to win the pot." The situation regards having 2 Q's or 2 K's in the hole in the BB. UTG raises, and 6 people call. DS advocates not re-raising, then when the flop comes to bet out, unless an ace flops. The point is to have the original raiser be a "partner" in knocking people out when he raises.This is a different situation of course, but I was thinking of doing the same kind of thing, with J-J, if no overs fall, to bet out and hope to get raised (some LAGs at the table), or C/R.
Is it because you'd have a much easier time getting away from 77 than JJ?Still, you are against 7 loose opponents. They will call the flop with weak draws whether or not you bloat the pot. Just go ahead and raise, since you're playing it for set value anyway. Also, there is the outside chance it holds up UI.Here's a question, if 259r falls on the flop, are you checking or betting out?[/i]
Is it because you'd have a much easier time getting away from 77 than JJ?Still, you are against 7 loose opponents. They will call the flop with weak draws whether or not you bloat the pot. Just go ahead and raise, since you're playing it for set value anyway. Also, there is the outside chance it holds up UI.Here's a question, if 259r falls on the flop, are you checking or betting out?[/i]
Hi Screech,Don't know if You read the post above Yours. Check it out. Your first question, I could muck JJ without odds on the turn and an overcard. On the flop if I raised pf I think I'd have implied odds to draw to the turn... same with 7-7 (if I just had to put in 1 SB). If there's an overcard and a raise, I could muck JJ no problem on the flop, without odds.I guess I should have elaborated on table make up. There's a couple of tighties that are just in for the ride along with the loosies. Some of them are foldable to 2 on the flop and a smaller pot.As to the question about 259 flop, in the situation I was in, I *think* I would bet out and hope to get raised as there were 2 LAGs after the BB. This is in line with that HEPFAP example I cited above (albiet a little different)... but I don't know, if the seating arrangement was different I could check-raise and hope to knock people out, or even 3 bet after a LAG raise.
Don't know if You read the post above Yours. Check it out.
Nope. I usually don't read posts until I reply. :oops: I realize your point. If you're playing agianst players who play well post flop, not raising here is better. Basically, if your opponents make a lot of mistakes postflop, it's more worth you while to push small PF edeges. If not, it's better to wait.