It depends what theory you're talking about. In general he is well respected, especially for his writings on tells.For future references, questions generally end in question marks. Hence the name question mark. Sorry, I just can't help myself.

Caro may have done more research on various aspects of poker than anyone else. His book on tells is the best poker book i've ever read, and i have read just about every real book out there. Caro knows what he's talking about. He's possibly still the best draw poker player in the world, and his reading ability still puts him among the best in other forms of poker as well. It's just a shame that he doesn't go for proportional payout tourneys or else you would see a lot more of him on television.

From reading some of Caro's stuff, including his stuff in Super System I, he seems to be all about the psychological aspect of poker, such as making people think he is insane and getting inside people's heads so they will think he is a maniac and give him action. I know he has alot of other theories about the actual game itself, but alot of his advice and technique is simply off the wall...it works for him though

Regardless of whether he knows his stuff or not, his online video library of tells makes for some good viewing. Google "Mike Caro Poker University" to be taken there, and watch dozens of clips of poor fools being abused by Caro's keen grasp of tells.Blessings,Posoo