Seat 1: banksg420 ($84.20 in chips)Seat 2: muhax0r ($88.50 in chips)Seat 4: Concrete69 ($12.90 in chips)Seat 5: ilovemen ($66.20 in chips)Seat 6: ATrain06 ($98 in chips)Seat 7: Mports ($91.85 in chips)Seat 8: FoShizzleBoy ($66.90 in chips) is dealt [As, 8s]Seat 9: meteoraln ($91.55 in chips)Seat 10: Padrinho ($99 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSConcrete69 posts blind ($0.50), ilovemen posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPFoShizzleBoy calls $1, Padrinho bets $2, ilovemen calls $1, FoShizzleBoy calls $1.FLOP [board cards 3H,7S,AH ]ilovemen bets $4, FoShizzleBoy calls $4, Padrinho bets $10, ilovemen calls $6, FoShizzleBoy calls $6.TURN [board cards 3H,7S,AH,AC ]ilovemen checks, FoShizzleBoy checks, Padrinho bets $5, ilovemen calls $5, FoShizzleBoy calls $5.RIVER [board cards 3H,7S,AH,AC,9C ]ilovemen checks, FoShizzleBoy bets $6, Padrinho bets $82 and is all-in FoShizzleBoy gets angry.Easy fold or should I call?

You should have folded the flop to his reraise.You should have folded the turn to his weak value bet.You should have folded the river.He's bet every street and now he is all-in with a paired ace on the board? Your kicker is only an 8. You have lost this hand.

You should have folded the flop to his reraise.You should have folded the turn to his weak value bet.You should have folded the river.He's bet every street and now he is all-in with a paired ace on the board? Your kicker is only an 8. You have lost this hand.
you could argue to fold this flop, but i don't think you necessarily have to give him credit for a better hand at that juncture....i would have made this raise with Ax.. regardless of what x was... i would have also made this raise with some draws and lower pairs... someone bet 2x bb and there was a fishy cold call.. that raise doesnt mean all that much.the value bet was fishy, but he is getting a good price... you would definately like to show this down.fold the river barring any reads.i could be wrong

I was hoping he had low pair and missed his set. The mini raise pre-flop was a pot builder in case he did. I river bet was a feeler bet. I think I would've folded if he raise to 24 or something like that. But the all-in was fishy. I called with A8, and it was good. He was holding TT.

This hand is a classic example of why no limit hold'em can be so profitable. Why on earth would the villain go all in on the river? What hands is he hoping to bluff out? JJ-KK? MOST people with an ace will call him (despite the disciplined pleadings of our esteemed forum members who advocate a fold).All inferior hands will fold, 99% of superior hands will call. This is not a bluff and it is not a value bet. It makes no sense and it is ridiculous. But people do it all the time.Blessings,Posoo

(despite the disciplined pleadings of our esteemed forum members who advocate a fold).
I feel special. It made me laugh. I believe we're behind an Ace-better kicker a large amount of the time. No reads were given on the player, though because of his weaaak donkey preflop raise we can see that he likes his hand to some degree. A pocket pair, or an Ace that is better than ours is likely. Players are capable of this huge re-raise on the river with aces full. Your bet was minute compared to the size of the pot. It's fairly obvious this guy is a maniac (or at least someone who can't drop a pocket pair) but we didn't learn that until we showed the cards down. We're often in trouble here.I prefer easier decisions. Donkeys will still bluff off their money when you have a great hand. If this guy isn't going anywhere soon, I don't mind waiting for him to make this goofy play when I have a better hand to dedonkify him with. I am aware lots of money is to be made making the correct of difficult decisions in NL, but you played this hand waaaaaay too passive. I prefer the hero to re-raise the flop, or at least the turn, making the decision easier. Calling down doesn't get you much information and if you always call this all-in against unknowns with little information, I believe you'll be frustrated with your longterm win rate.It's nice to feel esteemed though. Thanks posoo. :-)

Table Seattle, 18 Sep 2005 5:23 AM ETSeat 2: JTSfcp326Seat 3: red_finger5 [ 10S,AH ]Seat 4: chokeholdemSeat 5: D-Train04Seat 6: GrahamStylesSeat 7: Righteous xSeat 8: TorbergsenSeat 9: Pokergutt1Seat 10: FlyingStartANTES/BLINDSTorbergsen posts blind ($0.50), Pokergutt1 posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPFlyingStart bets $3, red_finger5 calls $3, chokeholdem folds, D-Train04 calls $3, FLOP [board cards 6C,AC,AS ]FlyingStart bets $5, red_finger5 calls $5, D-Train04 calls $5.TURN [board cards 6C,AC,AS,5H ]FlyingStart checks, red_finger5 checks, D-Train04 bets $12, FlyingStart calls $12, red_finger5 calls $12.RIVER [board cards 6C,AC,AS,5H,7S ]FlyingStart checks, red_finger5 checks, D-Train04 bets $25, FlyingStart folds, red_finger5 calls $25.SHOWDOWND-Train04 shows [ 9S,9D ]red_finger5 shows [ 10S,AH ]red_finger5 wins $109.50.SUMMARYDealer: Righteous xPot: $111.50 | Rake: $2JTSfcp326 loses $0red_finger5 bets $45, collects $109.50, net $64.50chokeholdem loses $0D-Train04 loses $45GrahamStyles loses $0Righteous x loses $0Torbergsen loses $0.50Pokergutt1 loses $1FlyingStart loses $20Almost the same example. Went down nearly the exact same way. Donkeys always bluff.