$3/$6 hold 'em, four-handedBB is a rock. (VP$IP something around 13)UTG is a rock. (VP$IP something around 17)Button is a fish but doesn't go past the flop without a piece of it.i am SB with 7 7.UTG limps, Button limps, i complete, BB checks.(4 SB) 7 3 2 rainbowi retardedly bet, ...aseem

no, it wasn't bad timing. i knew with complete certainty that i was at an extremely weak/tight table. i was running it over and taking down a sick number of pots uncontested on the flop.i just instinctively and habitually saw the set and immediately hit bet without taking the time to think. right after, i said "fuck" out loud and then i watched them all fold.this really pissed me off. my own clear mistakes tend to anger me much more than a bad beat or losing money.aseem

You're lucky.. donkeys always draw. Sets are no good.Seat 1: Wildflower51 ($37 in chips)Seat 2: daduece108 ($79 in chips)Seat 4: texmex75 ($38.50 in chips)Seat 5: JustaV6 ($31.85 in chips)Seat 6: crippy ($88.45 in chips)Seat 7: Red_Rock ($109.50 in chips)Seat 8: ATrain06 ($70.30 in chips)Seat 9: FoShizzleBoy ($140.10 in chips) is dealt [3h, 3d]Seat 10: Belikemike ($78.30 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSATrain06 posts blind ($0.50), FoShizzleBoy posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPBelikemike folds, Wildflower51 bets $4, daduece108 calls $4, texmex75 folds, JustaV6 folds, crippy folds, Red_Rock folds, ATrain06 folds, FoShizzleBoy calls $3.FLOP [board cards JD,6S,3S ]FoShizzleBoy checks, Wildflower51 bets $10, daduece108 folds, FoShizzleBoy calls $10.TURN [board cards JD,6S,3S,QH ]FoShizzleBoy checks, Wildflower51 bets $23 and is all-in, FoShizzleBoy calls $23.RIVER [board cards JD,6S,3S,QH,9C ]SHOWDOWNWildflower51 shows [ KH,10D ]FoShizzleBoy shows [ 3D,3H ]Wildflower51 wins $76.50.SUMMARYDealer: Red_RockPot: $78.50, (including rake: $2)Wildflower51, bets $37, collects $76.50, net $39.50FoShizzleBoy, loses $37Do donkeys have horns.. or are those his fists in my ass?

More than a few bets are won and lost each year on misclicks and hasty decisions.Be happy aseem! You're still a good cardplayer... and there are far worse mistakes to be made in poker than such silliness as "betting top set."

Why no raise preflop Aseem?I personaly like the raise preflop and then bet the flop approach in the above scenario. Imho.
No raise preflop because he is out of position with a hand that does not play well against 2 or 3 other players. A sevenless flop is very difficult to play, and it is not getting good odds to hit the set. Aseem played it perfectly...preflop.Blessings,Posoo
Why no raise preflop Aseem?I personaly like the raise preflop and then bet the flop approach in the above scenario. Imho.
No raise preflop because he is out of position with a hand that does not play well against 2 or 3 other players. A sevenless flop is very difficult to play, and it is not getting good odds to hit the set. Aseem played it perfectly...preflop.Blessings,Posoo
I disagree.77 plays better against 2 than 3..so raise and get BB out.I'd limp with 4 players in already...Am I screwing it up?
I posted and open-raised from MP3 with 88..only sb and bb call.flop comes 8, 6, A..they both check..I bet, fold, fold.dumb?I figure I may get a SB out of them while they are still hoping.ok..back to Aseem hating himself
Actuary, you want to bet out here, if there is an A out there you stand to make a small mintAseem, meh it happens.
I posted and open-raised from MP3 with 88..only sb and bb call.flop comes 8, 6, A..they both check..I bet, fold, fold.dumb?I figure I may get a SB out of them while they are still hoping.ok..back to Aseem hating himself
Actuary, you want to bet out here, if there is an A out there you stand to make a small mintAseem, meh it happens.
thanks Vade.I guess in Aki's case he lead the betting so it showed "too much strength" and no Ace on board to keep the Ace holders interested. I see the difference. Mine looks like a "well ok, I"ll bet, since I riased pf" kinda bet.
I disagree.77 plays better against 2 than 3..so raise and get BB out.I'd limp with 4 players in already...Am I screwing it up?
I wouldn't think your screwing up. I just disagree with the line here. I am open to be convinced. I just am not yet.I find the, your out of postion hit a set or fold line way to tight for the above scenario cause I still think it plays well here with a raise. The players are tight which means they fold alot. I hate giving tight players small pots on the flop. They love to fold in smaller pots. I raise because my hand is proabbly best and I want these players to play. I also want the extra money in there so if I discover I am beat I have better drawing out odds too. With 3-4 players any hand I am interested in the BB and SB is proably gonna get raised.Maybe I am nuts. I watched Matusow the other night. I was impressed as hell at when and where he would make his raisses. He was playing short with spirit rock 3-4 handed. Mike would Raise his SB and BB alot he was also more selective of what he was pushing outside the blinds. Someone mentioned postion. I don't see that as being an issue here. Imo.ALL OF THIS VERY MUCH IMO. feel free to throw rocks at me. I just like to spice things up here.