hilarious card player article

Wow... that is hilarious. I have no idea how you can fold any two cards for a free showdown. Worst case scenario you give off a table image that you can use to your advantage later.

funny, yes and i've always laughed at people who did the same thing...until i did it also.i was on a rough streak at 5/10 recently, and got stuck in a hand with only a 9-high flush draw. so when the river comes a non-heart, and it got checked around i quickly mucked, mostly out of frustration. i then proceeded to feel very stupid as the other players turned over a 10-high (also a flush draw i might add, so i was drawing quite thin) and pocket 4s. i hadn't noticed that the river had paired queens (which also would've been a good bluffing opportunity, since i'd check-called to the river with top pair the previous hand!) so the board now read 5-8-8-Q-Q.since i hadn't shown down, i did not get my share of the $80 pot.so don't be stupid like me, show down your hand every time.daniel

Guest Zach6668

I don't get it...You guys don't play 2/4o in a capped pot preflop? Don't even get me started on the value of 2/4 soooted!!They both played that hand incredibly!!! Right out of my strategy book!Zach(sw)

mr danny g, maybe im missing something, but since when does 2 pair with a 9 high chop with 2 pair with a 10 high. Is there a new rule in poker where we only use 4 cards now?

funny, yes and i've always laughed at people who did the same thing...until i did it also.i was on a rough streak at 5/10 recently, and got stuck in a hand with only a 9-high flush draw.  so when the river comes a non-heart, and it got checked around i quickly mucked, mostly out of frustration.  i then proceeded to feel very stupid as the other players turned over a 10-high (also a flush draw i might add, so i was drawing quite thin) and pocket 4s.  i hadn't noticed that the river had paired queens (which also would've been a good bluffing opportunity, since i'd check-called to the river with top pair the previous hand!) so the board now read 5-8-8-Q-Q.since i hadn't shown down, i did not get my share of the $80 pot.so don't be stupid like me, show down your hand every time.daniel
Well Danny, you can rest easy. Your Q-Q-8-8-9 would have lost to your opponent's Q-Q-8-8-10.
funny, yes and i've always laughed at people who did the same thing...until i did it also.i was on a rough streak at 5/10 recently, and got stuck in a hand with only a 9-high flush draw.  so when the river comes a non-heart, and it got checked around i quickly mucked, mostly out of frustration.  i then proceeded to feel very stupid as the other players turned over a 10-high (also a flush draw i might add, so i was drawing quite thin) and pocket 4s.  i hadn't noticed that the river had paired queens (which also would've been a good bluffing opportunity, since i'd check-called to the river with top pair the previous hand!) so the board now read 5-8-8-Q-Q.since i hadn't shown down, i did not get my share of the $80 pot.so don't be stupid like me, show down your hand every time.daniel
I would love to learn how you come to think that your nine high is going to chop with the 10 high...