"having some fun" with alan goering - wrong or not

Your incredibly inflated sense of self-importance amuses me to no end.
I'm glad I at least amuse you since my posts don't seem to enlighten you at all.And I'm glad Daniel posted. And it looks like the complaining is over. Which was my goal.What was your goal? Being a stupid ass? You succeeded. I hope the laughes were worth it. It's because of people like you that I don't spend much time on FCP anymore (even if I could). This forum is all things to all kinds of people. And that's ok.. I just want better. A real community instead of a bunch of clowns. Wouldn't it be so much better if the poker players here all improved and worked their way up the ladder? I'd like to see some of you guys in 2-4-10 years playing in the big buy in tourneys instead of posting up the most ignorant stuff about it - or as you claim the casual fun. But, hey that's me. Keep having you what you claim is "fun" - I call it stupidity. I like Super Troopers too but I have the feeling you like it for the stupidity and not for the comic genius of it.oh to Alf... I didn't play in the tourney. I write for poker and am covering the event.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh to Alf... I didn't play in the tourney. I write for poker and am covering the event.
Cool dude...which publication?BTW...my objection is the unfairness of a chip lottery where Daniel's buddies might get a few more lottery tickets...if you know what I mean.....
Your incredibly inflated sense of self-importance amuses me to no end.
I'm glad I at least amuse you since my posts don't seem to enlighten you at all.And I'm glad Daniel posted. And it looks like the complaining is over. Which was my goal.What was your goal? Being a stupid ass? You succeeded. I hope the laughes were worth it. It's because of people like you that I don't spend much time on FCP anymore (even if I could). This forum is all things to all kinds of people. And that's ok.. I just want better. A real community instead of a bunch of clowns. Wouldn't it be so much better if the poker players here all improved and worked their way up the ladder? I'd like to see some of you guys in 2-4-10 years playing in the big buy in tourneys instead of posting up the most ignorant stuff about it - or as you claim the casual fun. But, hey that's me. Keep having you what you claim is "fun" - I call it stupidity. I like Super Troopers too but I have the feeling you like it for the stupidity and not for the comic genius of it.oh to Alf... I didn't play in the tourney. I write for poker and am covering the event.
Thanks for more laughs. You obviously didn't read anything I wrote, and can't see past that inflated ego I've been talking about. You also don't understand FCP. Take a quick look through the Strategy forums and try to tell us again that there is no good poker content here that will help us improve our games.And don't tell me why I like Super Troopers. It's amazing...that's the only thing you have written all day that actually offended me. I'm so pissed that I don't even know what to write. I consider myself to be one of the rare people that actually does appreciate that movie and those characters for the comedic genius.You really didn't read anything I wrote. You know how I know? Because you never responded to any of my points. I even wrote in all caps so you couldn't ignore them, and you still managed to look past it. You just left your blinders on and hid behind the fact that you call yourself a "pro". You are giving all pros (and all poker writers) a bad name. Thanks again.

You know what? I've been wasting way too much time with this today. Respond, tell me I'm a complete moron, and let's be done with it. Peace. And check out Puddle Cruiser in a few months when it comes out. It's the original movie from Broken Lizard (the Super Troopers writers/actors). It played and killed at film festivals but was never released.

To me it seems that being an ambassador to poker DN should have more respect for the game. Is it that much different than intentionally throwing a sporting event?Many people have been working hard to get poker accepted as a legitimate "sport" and I think this kind of thing is a step backward.Not to mention that it's not fair to the other players.

1. I think this is waaaay overblown.2. I have myself donked off chips because I had to go , or I was frustrated and shouldn't have been playing in the first place or any number of reasons.3. It is his money, and I did not get the impression that he was intentionally dumping to Alan.4. He mentioned dumping more as a general statement that he wasn't playing like he should because he had something more important to attend to.5. I belive we should give him the benefit of the doubt, if he says he was not chip dumping, that is good enough for me and should be for you too.

What if he was doing this against an unknown player who has all his money riding on this one tournament? Would it be ethical then?
poker is kill or be killed. if you are dumb enough to have all your money riding on one tournament, then you are an idiot and deserve to be taken advantage of.
What if DN had a stake in Alan or Alan had a stake in DN?
lolIT'S ALAN GOEHRING FOR CHRIST'S SAKEsome of you are reading waaaay too much into this, get off your high horses already
What's your point? Even the most wealthy tournament players are being staked or are staking someone. It's not completely out of the question that they're splitting some profits. I realize that is not the situation here, that's why i said "What if...". What if you knew the players involved are playing on a team? Would that be illegal? Really, the other players at the table have no clue as to whether or not Alan and DN are playing on a team.Your other point about being dumb enough to have all your money in one tourney doesnt make sense, bc it completely ignores the question. Would it be right? Maybe, maybe not.If DN had just randomly dumped his chips off to someone this wouldnt be much of an issue, but the fact is that he tried to dump all of his chips off to specifically Alan, and in my opinion that constitutes chip dumping.
What censored me off about it is the fact that it's a waste of a lot of money. Money that can be put to good use, especially in a time where there are people that don't have homes. I think it's really insensitive of Daniel to just throw away 10 large when there are plenty of people that could make very good use of 10 thousand dollars. Yes, I've registered for 20 dollar tournaments and then realized I had to leave and thrown my chips away. And I really don't care if 10 thousand is like 20 dollars to DN. He needs to be more conscious of what kind of money he's throwing around. I really think it's ignorant. DN is a great guy and a good ambassador for poker. I hate seeing him do things like that.
OMFG!!!!To go by your logic, a purchase of anything at all that costs more than buying a less expensive option (such as buying an Audi instead of a Honda) would be ignorant, to use your word. This is just assinine, not to mention bad for the economy. If the wealthy were always fiscally frugal, then the money they acquire would stay in their family and never re-enter the economy. Your extremely high level of idiocy is extremely irritating. Please cease and desist.Thank you,Yours kindly,Solderz
I didn't realize we were getting into an economics debate. I think even you, the douchebag, would realize that purchasing a good or service is completely different than pissing away 10 grand in a poker tournament. Like I said, I have nothing but respect for DN and the way he lives his life. However, I am disappointed in his decision to just throw away 10 thousand dollars. I'm not at all saying it's not his right. It is his money. He CAN do whatever the hell he wants. That doesn't mean he should. And Solderz, maybe you need to reread my post. There is a large difference in buying something that you will use, than just throwing 10 grand down the drain. He didn't "re enter the money into the economy," he just got bored. It's not even remotely the same thing. Get off your high horse. Your level of disrespect is extremely irritating.Edit: I had been gone for a couple days and didn't see that DN had responded. I do believe it is a legitimate strategy to try and build a big stack early in a tournament. The way it sounded was that he just didn't care and wanted to leave now. These are obviously two completely different things. My points stand, but perhaps they do not apply in this situation.

i just read dn's post on this and i am not sure what to make of it...he says he could have doubled through alan , and that if he did, he wanted to do it again on somebody else with a worst hand..i dont get it, did he have to leave or didnt he? lets say he doubled up a few times, would have the emergency been less urgent at that point? if you have to leave, fine , sit out and get blinded away....if you have to leave on an emergency, how urgent can it be if you stick around to play a few more hands of holdem? something just doesnt add up..i dont think dn cheated or anything close to that, i just think he made a mistake ..i know he doesnt see it that way, but i am a little disappointed in him,,,seems he is out of touch a little and maybe doesnt remeber when he was grinding it out ...i respect guys like ivey that dont give a shit about the business side of poker, they are too busy winning millions to give a damn about that...

Even though i'm new I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I don't think DN did anything wrong here and he is not the first pro to say that he dumped his chips for one reason or another. Heres an example from Card Player where Phil Ivey said he has dumped off chips. I'm sure DN would never do this if he thought it was unethical.I did that when I didn’t have any money. I’ve played in games where I needed to win. I’d leave myself with something in case of disaster. I’ve always put myself in the situation where it hurts a little bit if I lose. It wouldn’t be fun for me to play lower limits now. It wouldn’t sting. That’s why I took time off from tournaments, because I was playing so badly. I’d see side games at the tournaments where they were playing $4,000-$8,000, and first place would be $600,000 in the tournament. I’d dump off my chips. That’s why I won’t play now unless I try my hardest. I made my mind up right before I went to Turning Stone. I told my wife that I wasn’t going to be traveling to play tournaments unless I put all of my attention into it. It’s just a waste of money otherwise. From now on, there are no excuses, because I’m trying my hardest.

Even though i'm new I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I don't think DN did anything wrong here and he is not the first pro to say that he dumped his chips for one reason or another. Heres an example from Card Player where Phil Ivey said he has dumped off chips. I'm sure DN would never do this if he thought it was unethical.I did that when I didn’t have any money. I’ve played in games where I needed to win. I’d leave myself with something in case of disaster. I’ve always put myself in the situation where it hurts a little bit if I lose. It wouldn’t be fun for me to play lower limits now. It wouldn’t sting. That’s why I took time off from tournaments, because I was playing so badly. I’d see side games at the tournaments where they were playing $4,000-$8,000, and first place would be $600,000 in the tournament. I’d dump off my chips. That’s why I won’t play now unless I try my hardest. I made my mind up right before I went to Turning Stone. I told my wife that I wasn’t going to be traveling to play tournaments unless I put all of my attention into it. It’s just a waste of money otherwise. From now on, there are no excuses, because I’m trying my hardest.