lock on the flop (plo8)

$25 PLO8Preflop: econ_tim is UTG+1 with [K :club: A :heart: 2 :club: Q :heart: ]UTG limps, econ_tim calls, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1.25) [K :spade: Q :club: Q :spade: ]UTG checks, econ_tim . . .This is pretty rare, but I'm a virtual lock on this flop. I guess I have to check to let others catch up?

if it was limit omaha, i bet this because flush and wrap draws and q-x and k-x will be calling anyway.in this game, anything less than a pot bet usually looks suspicious, so i check this i think.aseem

Hmm...although you have a monster handyou are far from a "lock". What happens if an ace falls?Under fulls are crap in this game. The other guy who mentioned pocket kings was on the right track I think.Bet the pot, don't slow play vulnerable hands.Like the other guy said, people will pay to chase handsin omaha. Make them do just that.

If an A falls, we still have 3rd nuts, and for the most part, at this level, AAxx raises preflop. Check it here, see what happens. You may not be getting anything more out of this anyways.

If an A falls, we still have 3rd nuts, and for the most part, at this level, AAxx raises preflop. Check it here, see what happens. You may not be getting anything more out of this anyways.
Well said Kendren. I see that you have a strong grasp of the concept of effective nuts.Paradoxically, if we held KK, we would characterize AQ as the as the FOURTH nuts, behind QQ, AA, and our KK. But since we have the Q in our hand, we can adjust our nut concepts.I am an expert on nut-rankings. Anyhow, I bet the flop. Any fool with a Q is going to stick around. PLO players are bad.Blessings,Posoo