i am done for awhile.

I am done playing poker for awhile. I am so done, for at least a month or 2- I need some freakin sleep, and just some time away. I am not really in a downswing as much as I am just not sure what I want to do- like, how far do I want to go with this thing? It's getting to the point where it makes sense to not work anymore because of the time this little experiment takes up- but, I really don't feel comfortable not working. Also, I think I will try and hit up some different sites, I love U.B. but really fishy tables are hard to find and I like Bodog but there tournaments suck, I hate starting with a thousand chips- I don't feel like I can see enough hands quick enough and really I can't, not safely anyway. I think it might be time to start taking this thing live and pounce on some touristy types. I think maybe on some level I am just burnt out as well- I had a dream last night that I lost a huge amount on a hand and I woke up thinking that it actually happened, berating myself- " How could you make that call, damn you can be such a retard, you knew you were beat- wait a second, that was a dream!! " Does anyone else just need a break?

I am done playing poker for awhile. I am so done, for at least a month or 2- I need some freakin sleep, and just some time away. I am not really in a downswing as much as I am just not sure what I want to do- like, how far do I want to go with this thing? It's getting to the point where it makes sense to not work anymore because of the time this little experiment takes up- but, I really don't feel comfortable not working. Also, I think I will try and hit up some different sites, I love U.B. but really fishy tables are hard to find and I like Bodog but there tournaments suck, I hate starting with a thousand chips- I don't feel like I can see enough hands quick enough and really I can't, not safely anyway. I think it might be time to start taking this thing live and pounce on some touristy types.     I think maybe on some level I am just burnt out as well- I had a dream last night that I lost a huge amount on a hand and I woke up thinking that it actually happened, berating myself- " How could you make that call, damn you can be such a retard, you knew you were beat- wait a second, that was a dream!! "     Does anyone else just need a break?
My advice would be to stop folding the nuts.
I am done playing poker for awhile. I am so done, for at least a month or 2- I need some freakin sleep, and just some time away. I am not really in a downswing as much as I am just not sure what I want to do- like, how far do I want to go with this thing? It's getting to the point where it makes sense to not work anymore because of the time this little experiment takes up- but, I really don't feel comfortable not working. Also, I think I will try and hit up some different sites, I love U.B. but really fishy tables are hard to find and I like Bodog but there tournaments suck, I hate starting with a thousand chips- I don't feel like I can see enough hands quick enough and really I can't, not safely anyway. I think it might be time to start taking this thing live and pounce on some touristy types.     I think maybe on some level I am just burnt out as well- I had a dream last night that I lost a huge amount on a hand and I woke up thinking that it actually happened, berating myself- " How could you make that call, damn you can be such a retard, you knew you were beat- wait a second, that was a dream!! "     Does anyone else just need a break?
My advice would be to stop folding the nuts.
My advice would be to dwell in the past, focus on it, really just never let anything go- and then got on your knees and suck me choad. :club:

i'm just getting started up again. i play every night on UB. 3 table .25/.50 nl table with 50 dollars each table. just had a nice run at each table..cashed out 5tables with 143, 109, 97,80, and 77...started with 50 at each. all in like an hour

ya, i need a break everyday and i'm always tired,and lately i hate poker cuz i keep getting sucked out on. but oh well.go play the local B&M, or try some different forms of poker,dont believe the hype 8)
I have not really been getting sucked out on, but I have noticed an inordinate amount of players who are just in the hand with anything, which is good but weird. I have to really broaden my mind and realize that the possible range of hands at times is alot larger than what I think it is, considering that these are not good players-so, on a board of lets say Kc- 7d- 3-d if I raised with As- Ks and then raise the flop, and a player pushes for whatever amount here is my thought process-- A. Possible set Ks through 3s, in which case I way behind. B. Possible PP A-A, Q-Q, J-J, 10-10, etc., in which case I am ahead of all but A-A C. Possible diamond draw with 2 cards to come. D. Possible A-7 or A-3, in which case I am ahead. E. This is where my head starts to spin- possible K-7 suited, K-3 suited, 7-3 suited and that just expands as the different cards come. I am always delighted at the level of play you will find at a 1-2 all the way up to 3-6 no limit table- at the same time my brain is freaking fried- it's like a calculator that won't even shut off in my sleep. So I will take a break and come back with a vengeance when I am good and rested- maybe I will go and do some bodyboarding in California before summer is over.
i'm just getting started up again. i play every night on UB. 3 table .25/.50 nl table with 50 dollars each table. just had a nice run at each table..cashed out 5tables with 143, 109, 97,80, and 77...started with 50 at each. all in like an hour
Good job man!!
school, work, girlfriend, homework, car payments, rent, gas prices, computer problems, cell phone bill....guys poker is my break :club:
Amen to this.
:bubblerocknroll: :D OP, go to the B&M, hopefully there's one near you, you'll love it and may never want to go online again.

I hear that. I have lost 10% of what I won over the past 2 years in the past 2 months and feel like quitting poker altogether. Suck outs bringing out the bad play, horrible chasing, etc. Combined with the downside of variance it just screams take a break. I have un-liquidated much of the winings over the past 2 years so there is no chance for a complete meltdown, but playing as much as we do taking a break is easier said that done. That being said Lois, when we going to see you at the tables next? :wink:

Yay!! Yippie!!lost AA vs 10,10 in the 40+4then made the money and was sitting pretty in a turbo and went from BB payed, with blinds at 1200 to UTG the very next hand on another table, and pushed with 88 got called by a dork with Jack high. and he hit his jack.This is why yuou should quit! not because you are thinkin to much

UB used to only let you multi 4 tables, I know you can do 4 and a Multi, but can you do 5 cash now?

Im taking a break from online poker myself. Im going to have to work on not tilting the bank roll. This is something that i thought i would never have to work on but its happened twice.And besides, i just got a new job so im going to plan and come back in full force in a month or so. I think its great to sit back from ANYTHING that anyone does just to see it in a different perspective. It always helps me to take a break and come back to something. Refreshes the mind.peaceDash

I am done playing poker for awhile. I am so done, for at least a month or 2- I need some freakin sleep, and just some time away. I am not really in a downswing as much as I am just not sure what I want to do- like, how far do I want to go with this thing? It's getting to the point where it makes sense to not work anymore because of the time this little experiment takes up- but, I really don't feel comfortable not working. Also, I think I will try and hit up some different sites, I love U.B. but really fishy tables are hard to find and I like Bodog but there tournaments suck, I hate starting with a thousand chips- I don't feel like I can see enough hands quick enough and really I can't, not safely anyway. I think it might be time to start taking this thing live and pounce on some touristy types. I think maybe on some level I am just burnt out as well- I had a dream last night that I lost a huge amount on a hand and I woke up thinking that it actually happened, berating myself- " How could you make that call, damn you can be such a retard, you knew you were beat- wait a second, that was a dream!! " Does anyone else just need a break?
After the WSOP, I was pretty burnt out when I got back, and playing online just wasn't cutting it anymore. It wasn't getting my competitive juices flowing really so to speak; after playing in the ME, it's hard to get excited to play a $100 MTT. So, I decided to take a break from playing online for a couple of weeks. I only played live, and even that not too much.So, the first time I played online again, was the WCOOP event #1, which I came in 13th for $10k (still upset I didn't win that f'n thing). I had another FT in the Stars $100 on Saturday, and also won my Aruba seat on UB that night. The WCOOP has added to my enjoyment again though, since they are higher buy in events (unfortunately I'll miss this Sunday's ME because I'm out of town for a golf tournament all weekend), but I think the time away from online poker helped as well.So, I wholeheartedly endorse taking a break. :-)Patrick
Yay!! Yippie!!lost AA vs 10,10 in the 40+4then made the money and was sitting pretty in a turbo and went from BB payed, with blinds at 1200 to UTG the very next hand on another table, and pushed with 88 got called by a dork with Jack high. and he hit his jack.This is why yuou should quit! not because you are thinkin to much
LOL- I am far from quitting- poker to me has become quite the friend, and sometimes I won't see my friends for a few weeks, I liken this break to that sort of thing. I will, however, be gambling like mad on football in the meantime just to take the edge off- takes alot less thought yet still feeds that beast, you know?