smash, shorthanded post

Been doing a little research on moving over to shorthanded to try to shore up postflop play and getting better reads and such. Anyway, Smash made a reply last week that basically said that shorthanded play does not favor the better player by far. I was hoping that he or some of the other advanced players would share their thoughts on why shorthanded does or doesnt strongly favor the more advanced players at a higher rate than full ring. I would also like to leave out the hands/hour condition, it seems obvious that the more hands the more likelihood that a better player will win more.

Been doing a little research on moving over to shorthanded to try to shore up postflop play and getting better reads and such. Anyway, Smash made a reply last week that basically said that shorthanded play does not favor the better player by far. I was hoping that he or some of the other advanced players would share their thoughts on why shorthanded does or doesnt strongly favor the more advanced players at a higher rate than full ring. I would also like to leave out the hands/hour condition, it seems obvious that the more hands the more likelihood that a better player will win more.
Smash could only dream to be as good of a shorthanded player as me

If you know how to play marginal situations and heads up pots, then shorthanded play is MUCH more profitable than full ring.If you know how to defend and steal blinds effectively then shorthanded games are MUCH more profitable than full ring.If you only feel at ease when playing multiway pots (i.e. loose full ring games), then shorthanded games will leave you floundering like a fish out of water. Generally, advanced players know how to play marginal/heads up situations better than your typical ABC type player, because they are able to read their opponents betting patterns and styles much more easily. And this is what gives them the edge in shorthanded games.

Playing shorthanded doesn't favor the better player any more than playing full ring or playing heads up.It's just more variance, and what confuses most people, iften easier to find softer games.More bad players play shorthanded at higher limits than full ring, that's why it can seem like the better player has the advantage beacuse of the format, when really it's just offering better game selection.Anyone who would play a shorthanded game with slightly better players than a full ring game with worse players because of format is a moron.good luck.

I say we dedicate a special section on this forum to "The smash strategy".This post has zero to do with that.I say we dedicate a special forum to morons who can't comprehend anything they read or don't even bother to read posts before replying.

I can't tolerate all these threads. There is at least one a day, and they are all mostly exactly the same.I say we dedicate a special section on this forum to "The smash strategy".
Whatever. You're just jealous!
Whatever. You're just jealous!I'm jealous of your avatar. Why can't I be a muscal midget. Why god!! Why have you forsaken me!!!
im sick and tired of this. why cant people get regular avatars? i say we devote a whole area of peoples posts to avat... oh wait. is this thread not about avatars?
If you know how to play marginal situations and heads up pots, then shorthanded play is MUCH more profitable than full ring.If you know how to defend and steal blinds effectively then shorthanded games are MUCH more profitable than full ring.If you only feel at ease when playing multiway pots (i.e. loose full ring games), then shorthanded games will leave you floundering like a fish out of water. Generally, advanced players know how to play marginal/heads up situations better than your typical ABC type player, because they are able to read their opponents betting patterns and styles much more easily. And this is what gives them the edge in shorthanded games.
Playing shorthanded doesn't favor the better player any more than playing full ring or playing heads up.It's just more variance, and what confuses most people, iften easier to find softer games.More bad players play shorthanded at higher limits than full ring, that's why it can seem like the better player has the advantage beacuse of the format, when really it's just offering better game selection.Anyone who would play a shorthanded game with slightly better players than a full ring game with worse players because of format is a moron.good luck.
Thanks, these two posts are exactly what I was looking for. I think full ring will still be more profitable for me, but since I need to learn to recognize patterns and styles better, i will take the lost income for the benefit of knowledge.
if u can play more the the top 10 or 15 cards effictively then 6 handed or less will really help you bankroll but with that your reads need to be sharpened and you have to ready to outplay opponents after the flopBest of Luck
ok so you have no idea what you are talking about?
if u can play more the the top 10 or 15 cards effictively then 6 handed or less will really help you bankroll but with that your reads need to be sharpened and you have to ready to outplay opponents after the flopBest of Luck
LOL!!!