sometimes in a live game if I win a huge pot, I'll jump on the table and start masturbating; aggressively
man this place is filled with too many 16 year olds who think they are funny
It's also filled with a bunch of uptight, serious dickheads.And ... hahahahahahaha.
sometimes in a live game if I win a huge pot, I'll jump on the table and start masturbating; aggressively
man this place is filled with too many 16 year olds who think they are funny
It's also filled with a bunch of uptight, serious dickheads.And ... hahahahahahaha.
damn straight, but seriously, my biggest leak is playing way too aggressively at times.
Sometimes I raise and Reraise too much, I  also can call too much and other times I just won't call anything...Im pretty bad. I guess.
I think I've come to realize this about myself, avs.. I feel your pain, bro! :club:

My biggest leak comes from setting goals for myself. Thinking about the end of the current tournament, or how close my bankroll is to the next big round number, leads me to call things I shouldn't call, to raise when I should fold, and so forth.-----"Okay, next class is in 90 minutes, I can 3table until then, I only need to finish up $x and I'll have $y in my account. Sweet.60 minutes later, I'm not up x dollars, I'm down that much, and needing to score. So I pick up pocket Aces UTG, and want to hit the poor suckers unlucky enough to be sitting with me. I violate everything I know about playing Aces, and I raise the minimum.foldfoldfoldfoldcall! a call from the cutoff. foldfold reraise! Sweet! pot-sized reraise from the big blind. Gotcha, pal. Reraise. Pot-sized again. Take that, Variance. That'll learn ya.CO calls. BB calls. 40 big blinds in the pot. Bring on that flop, brother.Flop: JcQcKc.@#$%*$!I'm not beat yet. They'd have to have A 10 to have me, well, or 2 pair anyway, right? Better take this now. Bet the pot.CO raises all-in, about 20% more than my bet. BB calls the raise. I have to call now, my odds on the call are like 23 to 1. I KNOW I'm beaten, but I call.BB puts in the rest of his money after the turn, and I call that too.I show down my aces, CO takes the pot with 9h10h ( how about that for calling a raise and a reraise?) and I at least beat the BBs AK to win the side pot.Now I'm down $2.5x, and I've got a class in 20 minutes.------This is a direct result of my thinking about my next goal instead of thinking about playing good poker. This same thinking causes me to bubble out or finish just barely ITM in tournaments. I'm perfectly healthy as far as chips go, but if I can turn a big score with these Queens, I can just about fold my way to the final table! Raise, 4 callers, flop is 444. Fold to me, I bet half the pot, checkraised all-in. I'm beat. I know good and flyingspaghettimonsterdammed well I'm beat. But I gotta call this, I can freaking triple my chips here! I'll be second in the whole tournament!Call. Lose. Swear. Close window. Swear more.It's a pattern I can't seem to get away from. I do things I shouldn't when I'm playing for the results.How's that for a leak?Mensch

My biggest leak comes from setting goals for myself.    Thinking about the end of the current tournament, or how close my bankroll is to the next big round number, leads me to call things I shouldn't call, to raise when I should fold, and so forth.-----It's a pattern I can't seem to get away from.  I do things I shouldn't when I'm playing for the results.How's that for a leak?Mensch
Reading this was like reading my own personal poker blog. I've made the same mistake many times and it always sets me back a month or two in the winnings. The question is how do you plug this leak? Or better yet, what do you think is the best way to keep this from becoming a reoccuring nightmare? Poker is a results oriented game, especially if you are trying to make a living off of it. Naturally setting goals is a reasonable test for measuring your progress. But the situation is surely an avoidable swing in the bankroll. Thanks Mench for putting it in print so I can look at it during my next swoon.Thom