reefer and poker

BC Bud in the states is know as " Beaster" or " The Beast of the East" It's made in high quantitiy, and in order to get into the US, it isn't stinky at all.. it's way inferior to the stuff you actually get when you're in Canada. Don't just Candian Buds y what we get of it in the US.. and if you're from Canada, don't bother smoking any buds that aren't from the Pac Northwest in the USA.. we use BC seeds, believe it...
ah thats a lie. Y0u can find perfectly good buds outside the pacific NW. You can just get great bud in Pac NW cheaper than the rest of America. You can find amazing ganj in Florida and if you are willing to pay you can find stuff that is of Canadian quality in Manhattan (some of the delivery service stuff here is innnnnnncredible.)
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a post I noticed someone say that they have quit smoking and it has helped there game a bunch. I have been toying around with the idea of quitting and I was wondering if anyone else has quit and seen great results?
Don't be a quitter.

Man, i've been lurking a while on this site and had to register to chime in on this. I almost registered just to start this kind of thread. For some reason, motivation's been an issue.If I'm not at work, I'm generally high, so it's no shock I play poker high. I don't think I could play it sober. I've tried to a couple of times, but I just don't have the patience. I'll play junk cards that I have no business playing just because I'm bored. When I'm blazed I get right into the game, notice a lot more about people and tells, and generally make a lot less bad calls.Smoking pot is definitely +EV for me. And I do pity the Americans paying $300 for "nugs". Commercial BC bud is such a step down from what that province has to offer. You haven't played poker until you've played it smoking a joint of Jack Herer so sticky it drowns itself. Man, i miss that pot. J

For some reason, motivation's been an issue.
Hmm...I wonder why...
If I'm not at work, I'm generally high, so it's no shock I play poker high. I don't think I could play it sober. I've tried to a couple of times, but I just don't have the patience. I'll play junk cards that I have no business playing just because I'm bored. When I'm blazed I get right into the game, notice a lot more about people and tells, and generally make a lot less bad calls.Smoking pot is definitely +EV for me. J
I completely agree. When I'm stoned I get so into the game that sometimes I feel there's no way I can lose. And when I'm playing not high, I lose $100 in 10 minutes because I'm too bored. Also remember, the numbers don't lie....playing while high, 3 months - 5300 profitplaying sober, 4 months - 900 THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE!
RolledUpJs Posted: Tue, Sep 13th, 2005 8:41    Post subject: And I do pity the Americans paying $300 for "nugs". Commercial BC bud is such a step down from what that province has to offer. You haven't played poker until you've played it smoking a joint of Jack Herer so sticky it drowns itself. Man, i miss that pot.
Ahh Jack Herer, such memories, about three years back I had the oportunity to pick up some Jack Herer x with UBC Cheemo in Kelowna for $1400 a LB. Outdoor, of course, and still the best smoke I've ever smoked havn't had such a good deal since, there's something about the interior BC sun that just makes golden buds, there and on the Island. and just because people have been quoting prices I may as well post what peeps pay for here.In Canadian dollars BTYand no I don't peddle (Just a disclaimer)1/8 = $301/4 = $501/2 = $90oz = $ 150 -$180LB = $ 2200 AVGSmoking in front of a cop shop on Canada day without any harrassment = PriclessAL
Canadian quality in Manhattan (some of the delivery service stuff here is innnnnnncredible.)
wait...delivery service? please explain
um they deliver it to your house/apt. Just like it sounds....its pretty much the greatest thing ever if you can afford it. (60 bucks for 2.5--3.0 grams usually)
Canadian quality in Manhattan (some of the delivery service stuff here is innnnnnncredible.)
um they deliver it to your house/apt. Just like it sounds....its pretty much the greatest thing ever if you can afford it. (60 bucks for 2.5--3.0 grams usually)
I have never taken an illegal drug in my life so please excuse my ignorance. Do you really want your drug dealer knowing where you live?
I have never taken an illegal drug in my life so please excuse my ignorance. Do you really want your drug dealer knowing where you live?
The big delivery services are like any business. It's no more dangerous than letting the pizza delivery guy know where you live.
RolledUpJs Posted: Tue, Sep 13th, 2005 8:41    Post subject: And I do pity the Americans paying $300 for "nugs". Commercial BC bud is such a step down from what that province has to offer. You haven't played poker until you've played it smoking a joint of Jack Herer so sticky it drowns itself. Man, i miss that pot.
Ahh Jack Herer, such memories, about three years back I had the oportunity to pick up some Jack Herer x with UBC Cheemo in Kelowna for $1400 a LB. Outdoor, of course, and still the best smoke I've ever smoked havn't had such a good deal since, there's something about the interior BC sun that just makes golden buds, there and on the Island. and just because people have been quoting prices I may as well post what peeps pay for here.In Canadian dollars BTYand no I don't peddle (Just a disclaimer)1/8 = $301/4 = $501/2 = $90oz = $ 150 -$180LB = $ 2200 AVGSmoking in front of a cop shop on Canada day without any harrassment = PriclessAL
Not bad prices at all. A little less that I can manage in T.O. I've always felt that the high end grow houses in Ont. could stand up to the chronic B.C. puts out, but the real connoisseur shit probably isn't making it out here. And it's definitely all about smoking in front of cops. I really miss those "grey area" days a couple years ago when I could smoke wherever the fuck I wanted. On a side note, do you guys find playing high with sober people affects table image? Most people play with know how chron I am and smoke as well, so I don't really gain anything in that respect.J

havent read all of the replies so dont know if someone already said this.when doing things like playing poker, seeing a concert, or looking at art, our experience is better the less distracted we are by other things we daydream about and the more deeply focused we are into what we're doing. this is precisely the effect that weed has. altho i've never played high, i would easily believe that your focus on the game is much deeper and you are less distracted which would obviously enhance your results. :club:

speedz99 Posted: Tue, Sep 13th, 2005 10:40    Post subject: ------------------------------------------------------------------------The big delivery services are like any business. It's no more dangerous than letting the pizza delivery guy know where you live.
Yea but a pizza guy won't bring a gat into your living room if you owe him money,AL
speedz99 Posted: Tue, Sep 13th, 2005 10:40    Post subject: ------------------------------------------------------------------------The big delivery services are like any business. It's no more dangerous than letting the pizza delivery guy know where you live.
Yea but a pizza guy won't bring a gat into your living room if you owe him money,AL
Neither will a marijauna dealer! Honestly we are talking about peaceful people here.Sure some delivery services have mob connections. Not the one I used but some....especially the ones that sell drugs other than weed or shrooms.But how are you going to owe him money in the first place? They dont let you buy on credit. He comes you pay you get weed. End of story.If you owe him money, something odd happened. Lets not say ridiculous things.
fair enough
you are officially the funniest person I know who has not smoked pot ever.Congrats!!
probably a very small case study.
well lets see....people I know who have never tried pot....1) you2) my parents (they arent very funny)hmmmmm.....yeah definitely a small case study....and my parents could be lying.
CaneBrain Posted: Tue, Sep 13th, 2005 11:05    Post subject: Neither will a marijauna dealer! Honestly we are talking about peaceful people here. Sure some delivery services have mob connections. Not the one I used but some....especially the ones that sell drugs other than weed or shrooms. But how are you going to owe him money in the first place? They dont let you buy on credit. He comes you pay you get weed. End of story. If you owe him money, something odd happened. Lets not say ridiculous things.
Alright, you have a very valid point, I didn't think things through. I've never heard of a delivery service except for maybe Half Baked and Crack Dealers, and the latter do not need many reasons to bring a gat into your living room.I'm with Mexico on that, if only because door to door delivery seems forign to me.AL

Do you find yourself singing your signature? I sing it all the time. I need help.I love that episode. Probably my favorite. Kings are good. Timdog has that one. I think I'm getting a contact high from this thread.

fair enough
you are officially the funniest person I know who has not smoked pot ever.Congrats!!
probably a very small case study.
well lets see....people I know who have never tried pot....1) you2) my parents (they arent very funny)hmmmmm.....yeah definitely a small case study....and my parents could be lying.
Never underestimate your parents. My mom is to most zealous Catholic square you'll ever meet. But I found out she smoked pot when she was younger. Hell, it was the late 1960's. If your parents are anywhere close to my parents age I think there's an 85% chance they've gotten high....And I sing that song in my head every time Canebrain posts. How can you not?
CaneBrain Posted: Tue, Sep 13th, 2005 11:05    Post subject: Neither will a marijauna dealer! Honestly we are talking about peaceful people here. Sure some delivery services have mob connections. Not the one I used but some....especially the ones that sell drugs other than weed or shrooms. But how are you going to owe him money in the first place? They dont let you buy on credit. He comes you pay you get weed. End of story. If you owe him money, something odd happened. Lets not say ridiculous things.
Alright, you have a very valid point, I didn't think things through. I've never heard of a delivery service except for maybe Half Baked and Crack Dealers, and the latter do not need many reasons to bring a gat into your living room.I'm with Mexico on that, if only because door to door delivery seems forign to me.AL
I could see someone being uncomfortable with a drug dealer coming to your home. First time I ordered it was a bit weird. Most pot dealers are so harmless. It is really no big deal.The scene in half baked with the delivery service? That is actually a fair representation of what happens without the secret code jokes. You page him...he calls to confirm your address....he comes with the product and is gone in 10 minutes. The only thing you have to worry about is your doorman (in manhattan most decent apt. buildings have them) being suspicious. my doorguys were chill though so no problems.
BC Bud in the states is know as " Beaster" or " The Beast of the East" It's made in high quantitiy, and in order to get into the US, it isn't stinky at all.. it's way inferior to the stuff you actually get when you're in Canada. Don't just Candian Buds y what we get of it in the US.. and if you're from Canada, don't bother smoking any buds that aren't from the Pac Northwest in the USA.. we use BC seeds, believe it...
ah thats a lie. Y0u can find perfectly good buds outside the pacific NW. You can just get great bud in Pac NW cheaper than the rest of America. You can find amazing ganj in Florida and if you are willing to pay you can find stuff that is of Canadian quality in Manhattan (some of the delivery service stuff here is innnnnnncredible.)
No mention of NorCal? Humboldt? Mendecino? Medical marijuana? Due to our climate, there are very few places in the world better for growing outdoors. At one point (before CAMP, but I'm sure it is still true), marijuana was the biggest cash crop in the state. Considering California would have one the largest economies in the world if it were it's own country, mainly because of agriculture throughout the Central Valley, that makes it even more impressive.I can't believe how cheap pot is for the rest of you, but I have a feeling there is a reason for that. Vegas prices look like they come close at $300 an oz (I wouldn't know how much crappy pot is here though..Haven't had to lower myself to that level since HS), but that would be the lower end of prices here for above average pot.To be honest, the only strands of pot I've seen on the same level have been from BC and Amsterdam. Unfortunately, most of the 'BC' that people get in the States is crap. Fortunately, the Cannabis clubs in the Bay Area normally have a good selection of different strands of BC, which is much higher quality then the BC people sell on the street. I was never impressed with BC pot at all until I got a Cannabis club card. Now, I make sure to pick up some (BC #5 at the Hayward club for any NorCal people) every time I go.Besides a very good crop of outdoor from Humboldt a few years back (I still prefer a good outdoor to a good indoor - easier on the throat, better tasting, etc), the best pot I've smoked was a pure stand of white rhino from Amsterdam.Patrick
Do you find yourself singing your signature? I sing it all the time. I need help.I love that episode. Probably my favorite. Kings are good. Timdog has that one. I think I'm getting a contact high from this thread.
The Goo Goo dolls version came on the radio yesterday. I immediately started singing the chorus with Marcel's new lyrics.My girlfriend looked at me like I was from another planet. But thats ok because I read a book that says she is from Venus.
No mention of NorCal? Humboldt? Mendecino? Medical marijuana? Due to our climate, there are very few places in the world better for growing outdoors. At one point (before CAMP, but I'm sure it is still true), marijuana was the biggest cash crop in the state. Considering California would have one the largest economies in the world if it were it's own country, mainly because of agriculture throughout the Central Valley, that makes it even more impressive.I can't believe how cheap pot is for the rest of you, but I have a feeling there is a reason for that. Vegas prices look like they come close at $300 an oz (I wouldn't know how much crappy pot is here though..Haven't had to lower myself to that level since HS), but that would be the lower end of prices here for above average pot.To be honest, the only strands of pot I've seen on the same level have been from BC and Amsterdam. Unfortunately, most of the 'BC' that people get in the States is crap. Fortunately, the Cannabis clubs in the Bay Area normally have a good selection of different strands of BC, which is much higher quality then the BC people sell on the street. I was never impressed with BC pot at all until I got a Cannabis club card. Now, I make sure to pick up some (BC #5 at the Hayward club for any NorCal people) every time I go.Besides a very good crop of outdoor from Humboldt a few years back (I still prefer a good outdoor to a good indoor - easier on the throat, better tasting, etc), the best pot I've smoked was a pure stand of white rhino from Amsterdam.Patrick
I was in San Fran two months ago. A friend out there has a card for the cannibis clubs. You are right it was tremendous. Not as good as delivery in manhattan....but better than anything else I have had in the states.Cali product is fantastic....I was actually including norcal in Pac. NW by the way. San Fran is a lot more like oregon than LA.