reefer and poker

In a post I noticed someone say that they have quit smoking and it has helped there game a bunch. I have been toying around with the idea of quitting and I was wondering if anyone else has quit and seen great results?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a simple statistic.....money made while high 5300 in 4 monthsmoney made not high 900 in 3 monthsladies and gentleman of the jury, i rest my caseseriously though, if you know what the drug does to you you are able to counter some of the negative side effects that would bring your game down. for example, you might get really excited to be dealt an 8-10 of diamonds (because it's so pretty), and play it way to deep. You might be lazy and just call down with top pair or draw at everything.But if you are on your game and high, the high actually makes you read deeper into situations. It is also nice because it keeps me entertained throughout long sessions. When you put in 40 hours a week for many weeks, poker can seem like a boring full time job. The reef makes it more entertaining.

I never started and i have excellent results. Something to consider :-)
ill consider that... do you happen to have a time machine, or should i just go make a donation to the catholic church.
a simple statistic.....money made while high   5300 in 4 monthsmoney made not high         900  in 3 monthsladies and gentleman of the jury, i rest my caseseriously though, if you know what the drug does to you you are able to counter some of the negative side effects that would bring your game down.  for example, you might get really excited to be dealt an 8-10 of diamonds (because it's so pretty), and play it way to deep.  You might be lazy and just call down with top pair or draw at everything.But if you are on your game and high, the high actually makes you read deeper into situations.  It is also nice because it keeps me entertained throughout long sessions.  When you put in 40 hours a week for many weeks, poker can seem like a boring full time job.  The reef makes it more entertaining.
You're right I've noticed that too. I must have smoked an eighth and then played like 4 sNg's, and won 3 and placed second in another.I notice I think about everything that could possibly happen. I think I layed down aces that session. Pretty cool I would have lost with 'em. <3 you.

Depends what kind of high you get, if you're the type that can't focus and likes to pass out after smoking, then it's a bad idea to smoke and play. On the other hand, if you're the kind of person who has fucked up conversations or likes to do stuff when you're high, then poker can be profitable. I find my reads are much more accurate while stoned. Also, I find hash mixes with poker rather well.Great thread, by the way.Littering and....

Swag, what's Swag? never heard of it. Being high while playing live sucks!Being high while playing online makes money, At least I don't have to play with Visene or Shades online, B&M though, I've noticed a big target on my forhead when I'm stoned, people bet into you more when they know your all looped. And BTW I don't care how much Kali hydo you've smoked in your life, if you havn't smoked some Kootney Thunderphuck, you haven't smoked. Alas, another reason it's good to be Canadian (fruitiness and all)AL

dont quit smokin just for poker dude. poker gets boring fast and being stoned never gets old.
Beg to differ on the last quote. I think both can get old quick, but I can play poker for days on end when the nugz are flowin'.

If your a regular smoker, and can function doing everyday things while high, then it is very likely you can be a succuessful poker player while high. If not, just blaze afterwards cause there is nothig better than smoking an L after a huge session.

+ instant headache.I didn't even think people grew swag anymore lol.
Wouldn't say instant headache but 30 mins after ur smoke ur done 4.Yes swag is still floating around this area.
Swag, what's Swag? never heard of it.
Websters Dictionary Definition:Swag - n. : Shitty ass weed, containting a fuckload of stems, seeds, and brown budz
Sounds like Meck to me.
ABS_Alex wrote:Swag, what's Swag? never heard of it.  Websters Dictionary Definition:  Swag - n. : Shitty ass weed, containting a ****load of stems, seeds, and brown budz
Insert sarcasm above,We usually have a glut of the good stuff here, Swag isn't herb here, it Quebec Hash/oiland really, 5 year jail terms fer smokin a doober? I understand some states are more liberal than others but your government really hates you.whats the time put in for a bunch of pot head stoners playing an illegally raked home game????AL

holy crap...i knew all those soandso420 names on party poker wheren't just because they like the number.it would be interesting to see if there is a difference between nugs and swag in terms of play. ha. would that make buying nugs +EV?i was waiting for this thread to be posted...

nothing like smokin buds when you play poker, it helps me get in the zone - i can maintain my focus much better, and i am able to keep my temper in check much better as well when faced with unfortunate situations, its getting to the point now where if i am not high, i dont play (unless its live, then i get drunk) because i don't have as much of an edge, too easily distracted by everything else around me to sit in one spot and concentrate for more than 30 minutes at a time (bad ADD)