tough nlh tournament hand

Im playing a thousand dollar nl holdem event and its early in the tournament. Im in the big blind with 67 off for 150. It gets raised to 300 and everyone folds to me and i call. The flop comes down 5 9 8 and i have the nuts. i check the flop he checks. i check the turn a K and he checks. i check the river a 2 and he checks. I decided to throw my hand in the muck for the 300 in chips so that the table didnt see my attempt at trapping. I think it was better to fold this small one to get some aggressive player later trying to by the pot. What do you think?-akaConditionergot this from the new age poker forums

Wow and I get flamed!Yeah makes perfect sense, great play!Where's the sw?You want to read a real tough hand go to the bad beat forum and read my hand from last night. Post titled from 5th place to 400 and something in a snap.

Wow and I get flamed!Yeah makes perfect sense, great play!Where's the sw?You want to read a real tough hand go to the bad beat forum and read my hand from last night.  Post titled from 5th place to 400 and something in a snap.
ssshhh... Take a deep breath.You have a decent post count and registration date,, Dont BLow this Gene!.Dont donkify yourself now. u were doing good. Edit you statement once you clue in

Royal,I am waaaay to tired. I know that there is a joke in there and or a previous post alluded to but last night was rough and I am way to cranky and lazy to do the research.I was just being a little obnoxious this morning, but it's all good!I agree the with other comments, man you need to freshen up the Avatar again buddy!

and yeah I do see that he mucks when there is no river bet which makes zero sense but hey that I assume is the whole damn point!And yes I know that you can't muck a winning hand on the river with no bet! I just thought the whole damn post was silly.God I am soooo glad it's Friday.Looking forward to the Sunday tourney so I can spend 8-10 hours if I am lucky getting beat up at the virtual poker table.

Alright Fair enough.I'll lay it out for you.. He is making fun of poster Akaconditioner, who once posted this almost identical thing, so it was a complete 100% SW, i just didnt want to see you get flamed for flaming a joke post.P.S.,, why u no like avatar?// she make good no?... she look-a-like wholesome?

She is wholesome in that slutty kind of way which I like, but some of the others were spicier.What you really need is the librarian look, you know pony tail pulled back glasses, looks prim and proper but take of the glasses and unleash the pony tail and you unleash the beast kind of quality!Yeah I knew it was some kind of feeble attempt at humor, but regardless the post is so damn silly since you can't fold the winning hand. It would have at least been a little humorous if it went he bet $50.00 on the river and I mucked my hand etc.I guess in my cranky mood I didn't really find it amusing.But hey let's get back to the hot librarian avatar shall we?

If you really want to play this type of trap, atleast bet the river. But personlly I think you should of bet the turn. 1/2 pot bet maybe?

P.S.,, why u no like avatar?// she make good no?... she look-a-like wholesome?
i like it, she looks like she's about to take a ride on the bangbus
Yeah that's what I was trying to say but I didn't say it nearly as elegantly as you have!Come on over baby and take a ride on the bangbus!!! :wink: