super system 2 in stores now

Picked up SS/2 at Barnes and Noble here today. I was randomly looking at their website last night and checked the release date for it. They said on there they could ship it to me Wensday, which I thought was odd becuase last I heard it wasnt supposed to be out till some time in February. Well it wasnt on the shelves when I went in there and I figured they would have it displayed out like the holy grail or something becuase on every other end-cap were poker books. Asked one of the employees and low and behold they had just got in 10 mins before I got there.....sweet. Its a pretty steep 34.95 but oh well. If this is old news sorry but I had no idea it was coming out today. Later.

I preordered it in September... I certainly hope I get it before you! No grief to you, but Amazon has pissed off people before this way.

not to advertise for amazon, but their prices are a helluva lot better than any other bookstore, online or physical. super system II is selling for $23 (and free shipping if your total order is over $25), not the $34 list price.one thing i noticed, they butchered daniel's name, i think:

Product Description:The original Super System, written and edited by Doyle Brunson, the acknowledged "Babe Ruth of Poker," is hailed by all players as the single most influential book ever written about the game of poker. Now, Super System II, pushes the envelope further, expanding on the original with new games, new strategies, and new experts. This is a brand new book-not an update. The who's who all-star studded lineup for SSII includes Chip Reese, who Doyle recognizes as one of the top three players in the world, if not the best; Johnny Chan, two-time WSOP champion and tied with Doyle for the most world series bracelets with 9, Doyle Brunson himself, two-time WSOP champion and the greatest poker player of all time, Lyle Berman, founder of the World Poker Tour, the world's best Omaha player, and owner of three WSOP gold bracelets; Bobby Baldwin, former WSOP champion and CEO of the Bellagio; Mike Caro, the greatest poker theorist and best-selling author; Jennifer Harmon, the best woman player in the history of poker and one of the top 10 overall; Todd Brunson, winner of more than 20 tournaments and the future successor to Doyle's throne; as well as Danny Niegro, and Barry Greenstein,. Super System II covers the essential strategies and advanced play on the most popular games played today-No limit Hold 'em, Limit Hold 'em, 7 Card Stud, 7 Card Stud 8 or Better, 7 Card Stud High-Low Split, No Limit Omaha, Omaha 8 or Better, Limit Lowball Draw, High Draw Poker, Chinese Poker, Triple Draw Lowball-as well as important sections on professional poker play and poker psychology
aseem

From what I've read so far, the limit section is pretty well written and put together. The Omaha sections are good as well. As for the NLHE section, if you have SSI, you already have that section. I haven't got to anything else.

haven't gotten to the limit section, but as I've said before, the PLO section ROCKS. Not to shill daniel, but eh, the triple draw section is great too. I've played 2-7 before but never triple draw and I just gobbled up that section he wrote it real well

I preordered it in September... I certainly hope I get it before you! No grief to you, but Amazon has censored off people before this way.
I preordered through Amazon in December...I received an email Friday that it had been shipped and received it Monday...I read the first 10 pages or so of the 2-7 triple draw written by Daniel..it's good stuff!

Amazon and UPS are sending my copy to me as we speak...I should get it today!!!!!I went ahead and got SS2 from amazon.com and originally it said it would ship in about a week....well they shipped it the next day and ups tracking show's that it is out for delivery.

How's the limit Holdem section?
I've read about half of it. She advocates "raw aggression" when you have a hand and 3 betting with 88 in late position to isolate. I've played like that in 8/16 and it works fairly well, but most the guys in my 3/6 game will call with any A, pair or face cards.Her hand selection is a little tighter than Jones or Sklansky.Erik

Am I the only one the is surprised by the lack of advertising for this book. I figured every store in the US was gonna open at midnight or something the night it came out. lol. But seriously, it seems like no one knew it was coming out this week.....and considering the demand for it, just seems weird that no one knew.

Just curious is there is any difference, it would seem kind of tacky to just bundle the book up with the same thing as thirty years ago, maybe its update.I am waiting for my hardcover copy to be shipped from doylesroom, but early reviews of some sections are setting me up for disappointment, i have heard that while there is some good, most are better off just sticking to the twoplustwo books that are out, just for the sake that ss2 goes nowhere into the kind of detail twoplustwo does.There was a argument on the twoplustwo forum about some of the advice in Harmons section, i cant really debate or want to debate the issue as i have not cracked a copy, but I am intrested to see what she says. I think there will be some good nuggets, but i dont it will be ground breaking or really eye opening, especially with the amount of poker info out nowdays.Anyway, the sections i am intrested in are Harmans limit section and Brunsons NL section -- anybody comment on those?

*Its only in paperback (jumbo paperback).Its a Cardoza book - assume it will be in their style, alot of text, and less technical information. You approach these books like you're sitting down with the player and he's talking about the game, not as a textbook (2+2).When I first read SS1, I was underwhelmed, but when I re-approached it this way, I got a ton out of it. Its not all in the text, alot of the good stuff is between the lines.

"I'm still finishing Harrington on HoldEm"How do you like that? I just ordered SSII and Harrington's book off Amazon.
Harrington is the best poker book I have read. It focuses on how to think like a pro - alot of examples that he walks you through the thought process on.