was the wpt the downfall of gus hansen

Downfall? What? Where? When?Last I heard, he was doing well in the big game.Oh! Wait! I know!You suckers think tournaments are mostly skill. And, since you haven't seen Gus at a final table in a while, he must have been figured out and he's obviously broke now.Sorry, I don't know what came over me...
ummm wait you are telling me that he is still in the big gameI am askingcuz i know that if i had the money for 4k-8k then i wouldnt be at no 100/200unless i was nutbarring
Doyle said in an interview on ESPN.com that after taking a hit when he stepped up to the big game, he has recently done very well in the game. He has recouped his losses and is now a winner.
not in disbelief but in interest is there a link to a vid or script of this interviewyeah and i assume he is talking about gus not himself
I dunno where you'd find it. There were some threads on it here last month. I don't really want to look. I'm lazy.
Maybe, just maybe, Gus is focusing on cash games more than tourneys...just because someone hasnt been hammering the tourney circuit doesnt meant they arent a succesful poker player.
are u f'in kiding me he used to play in the biggest game with the highest stakes and the best players in the world now he is seen playing 100/200 on stars (not frowning down on it as i sit at.05/.10NL) i mean that must be one hell of a downswingnot saying he couldnt compete at the highest level but what happened to his BR i mean he is GREAT but what happened
Worst.Argument.Ever.Seriously, are you that dumb?
are u f'in kiding me he used to play in the biggest game with the highest stakes and the best players in the world now he is seen playing 100/200 on stars (not frowning down on it as i sit at.05/.10NL) i mean that must be one hell of a downswingnot saying he couldnt compete at the highest level but what happened to his BR i mean he is GREAT but what happened
ummm. lets see why would he play 100/200 on stars??if your good, its the most profitable game online. its the biggest game with the most %fish/total players. maybe 30-60 has more, but ive seen gus just KILL the 100/200 game on stars. and that game is almost always shorthanded, which gives gus a bigger edge. once i saw him sit down at 4 short 100/200 games and just crush them for 50K in like 3 hours. that gets him like 8 rounds in the big game!!! which he still plays BTW.

Hexag1 beat me to it.. I mean really, would you rather try to grind it out at the big game against the top pros hoping to make 0.1BB/100 hands (AND experience huge variance), or come online and shoot fish in a barrel at four 100/200 tables online?

Umm just to point out....i don't think anyone has ever thought that Gus was a conservative player. It was no surprise that he played total garbage hands, and that was the point of his style. He would steal enough pots with junk, and then when he did hit a hand he would get paid off huge, this was no secret. His post flop skill is just so far beyond most players that he makes plenty of money. I think you guys are way too quick to judge a player, and are basing it on very little. Do you guys understand how incredibly limited the WPT coverage, and all other televised poker is? Might be time to rethink this entire thread.

I play smaller stakes online then I do IRL. Just FTR. Also, I haven't paid Gus Hansen a dime for a pencil any time lately. The thread sort of begs the question that Gus is in fact having trouble. That kind of needs to be established as true before you can talk about why it happened. I think the WPT editors/producers DEFINATELY like to impart a little extra character to people through the hands they choose to show.

are u f'in kiding me he used to play in the biggest game with the highest stakes and the best players in the world now he is seen playing 100/200 on stars (not frowning down on it as i sit at.05/.10NL) i mean that must be one hell of a downswing
Are you on crack or something? That's the biggest game on pokerstars, and has some of the best players in the world in it from time to time. Last time I railbirded the big rooms on PS, Gus was playing two tables of Omaha amd one of LHE, all shorthanded and at the highest available stakes. Yeah, he must be broke.