sit n go players..

Does anyone play the 20-30 $ SNGs? stupid question, im sure a lot of you do. whats the biggest difference in play between those two limits. i find the 20$ SNGs relativly easy to get in the money. Are the players tighter or looser as you go up limits?

Does anyone play the 20-30 $ SNGs? stupid question, im sure a lot of you do. whats the biggest difference in play between those two limits. i find the 20$ SNGs relativly easy to get in the money. Are the players tighter or looser as you go up limits?
Virtually no difference in play between the 20s and 30s. 50s tend to be a bit more tight and aggressive as do 100s. I am speaking from my experience at UB.
Does anyone play the 20-30 $  SNGs? stupid question, im sure a lot of you do.  whats the biggest difference in play between those two limits. i find the 20$ SNGs  relativly easy to get in the money. Are the players tighter or looser as you go up limits?
i think it really depends on the site...typically sites like full tilt, ultimate bet and pokerstars (to an extent) get a tighter as you go up. It's a free for all on lot of other sites with the buy in of the sng often having no mark of the quality of the play whatsoever. Find that site for you and reap the rewards...

I play 15-20 SnGs per day, from $20 to $100.There's not 2 much difference in skill level between 20s and 30s, in my experience. The higher you go, generally the better the play. That said, its easier to buy pots at the higher levels because better players can be knocked off middle pairs easier than fish can.The tighter the table, the looser I play in the later rounds. I generally stick to TAG ABC poker until we're down to 4 or 5. Before that, any fancy moves will often bite you in the ass.

lboarts, whats your #s...also, where do you play to get that many sng in?i play UB and it takes like 20 minutes for a $50 SNG to fill up during the day....I suppose I should start playing UB/FT at the same time and trying to get multiple going at a time...- Jordan

lboarts, whats your #s...also, where do you play to get that many sng in?i play UB and it takes like 20 minutes for a $50 SNG to fill up during the day....I suppose I should start playing UB/FT at the same time and trying to get multiple going at a time...- Jordan
I play at Absolute Poker. I multitable SnGs, usually 3 at a time. Some days I will play less while I play MTTs. They normally last an hour, so I can get 15-20 in in 6-7 hours or so. They usually don't start filling up until 3-4:oo pm est, so if I play before then, its usually in an MTT.
how are AP's SNG at the $50s and above...structure wise and play wise...compared to UB...also...action wise...i know AP isn't a big site- Jordan
The main reason I play at AP is because its a smaller site, and I know most of the players who play the higher SnGs there, which makes it easier to play. I'm to the point where I've stopped taking notes on players, because I know them all, lol.Their structure is fine, they start you with 1500 in chips, with blinds starting at 10/20, 15/30, 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200 then doubling from there, increasing every 10 hands. The structure gives you plenty of time to play a tight aggressive game. At the higher buy ins, however, it is not uncommon to still have 6 or 7 players left at the 100/200 level. Normally when this happens the game gets so tight that loosening up can become very effective.Overall I'd classify the players at the $40 and higher SnGs mainly rocks, with a few fish. Personally, I prefer having mainly solid players at my table, with 2 or 3 fish. One thing I do when I play, whether it be SnGs or MTTs, is target players. It may sound abnormal, but it works for me. If I can pinpoint someone playing too loose at the start, or too tight at the end, I'll play less than premium (not total garbage though) hands when I see them in the pot, or when their in the blinds, because they are easier to exploit.The funny thing about AP is they have no $50 SnGs. They run as such:$200 - rarely fill$100 - 2 to 3 constantly filling in the evenings$65 and $40 - several constantly filling from late afternoon through evening hours, with $40s filling til 2-3am est$30 and smaller - several to quite a few running from late morning to night time (3-4am)I adjust my playing schedule according to when the tables are filling. I prefer playing in the evenings, when the part timers are home from work, and the weekends for the same reason.As far as MTTs go, they've recently began running rebuys, and turned alot of their guaranteed trnys into rebuys. They still have a decent amount of freezeouts available for those that don't care for rebuy trnys.The players overall are freindly and fun to play with, and when someone gets out of line they're normally put in check promptly by the rest of the table or the site, if someone reports them. AP has a low tolerance for people making threats or beligerent remarks to one another, and their quick to suspend your chat if you get out of line. They strive to keep their games cordial, and for the most part they are.AP is the first site I played at when I started playing online back in 2003, and its where I will continue to play, although I have tried several others. Their customer support is second to none.Their software has a few minor issues which they assure us they are addressing. They recently hired an assistant card room manager, and many improvements have been made since that time. They even started a forum for their site, which I post at from time to time.Wow, just realized how much I've been rambling, lol. Hope no one thinks I'm spamming, just giving my opinion. Anyway, I recommend you check it out. They have nice bonuses also, if your into that. Personally, I prefer withdrawing to depositing. :club:
how are AP's SNG at the $50s and above...structure wise and play wise...compared to UB...also...action wise...i know AP isn't a big site- Jordan
Their structure is fine, they start you with 1500 in chips, with blinds starting at 10/20, 15/30, 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200 then doubling from there, increasing every 10 hands. The structure gives you plenty of time to play a tight aggressive game. :
You're kidding....right? This structure is horrendous. It is the same as party except you get 1500 chips instead of 800 chips. Any structure that goes up every 10 hands will be an all out crapshoot. Once you get shorthanded, the blinds go up every 2 or 3 rotations. That is just straight up brutal. I know you love TP and all, but I would recommend playing at a different site. You should check out UB or FTP. They have structures that go up every 10 or 12 minutes, and this allows for ALOT more play especially shorthanded. The better players shine at shorthanded poker, so why would you want to minimize that edge by playing in a crapshoot? Jordan, stick to UB. IMO it is the best place to play sit and gos. I know sometimes it takes a little while to fill up the $50s, but just play a $30 or a $20 while you wait. I've never played at Stars, but I would assume they have more action, so you could probably also play there while you wait for UB games to fill.
Their structure is fine, they start you with 1500 in chips, with blinds starting at 10/20, 15/30, 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200 then doubling from there, increasing every 10 hands. The structure gives you plenty of time to play a tight aggressive game. :
You're kidding....right? This structure is horrendous. It is the same as party except you get 1500 chips instead of 800 chips. Any structure that goes up every 10 hands will be an all out crapshoot. Once you get shorthanded, the blinds go up every 2 or 3 rotations. That is just straight up brutal. I know you love TP and all, but I would recommend playing at a different site. You should check out UB or FTP. They have structures that go up every 10 or 12 minutes, and this allows for ALOT more play especially shorthanded. The better players shine at shorthanded poker, so why would you want to minimize that edge by playing in a crapshoot? Jordan, stick to UB. IMO it is the best place to play sit and gos. I know sometimes it takes a little while to fill up the $50s, but just play a $30 or a $20 while you wait. I've never played at Stars, but I would assume they have more action, so you could probably also play there while you wait for UB games to fill.
I'm actually on UB/FT now. Name is Jord4n if you ever wanna stop by.I've got four in today so far, so that's good. 2/3 thus far, looking good for my fourth. I swear though if I take any more bad beats 3 handed I'm gonna nut.- Jordan

I used to play the Party sng's. To me there was virtually no difference between the $50-$200's. I really had the toughest time with the $20's. I think it was just too many people playing too ridiculously, not that the larger ones were full of rocks though, i mean it was Party.