daniel tell me about 1st televised final table?

Hey Daniel, I am leaving for Costa Rica on the 22nd for my first televised final table experience. I would love to hear about your 1st tv final table experience?It's the Paradise Poker Million. I'm at 400k , 1st is 2.7 million, last is 34k, 12k/24k blinds and 3k antes. 1st pays 1 million 2-9th pay 10k. What do u all suggest strategy wise?Thanks!

Very very easy strategy, it's now a Sng and you have to win. Since there are no deals, don't worry about coming last, it pays the same as 2nd. If I were you, I would go back and look at the WSOP 2 Million freeroll, the champions tournament, or whatever it's called, all the pros were playing to win as only winner got 2Million. You are obviously good enough to get to the final table, you will be OK. BTW, you might want to discuss strategy with chip leader, he is also an FCPer :-) Discuss owning a piece of the other guy (off the books of course)

I am surprised noone has flamed him yet.DN is on his honeymoon, this may go better to his email, if you wnt his response.IF you dont mind ours you may want to try general as well, you'll get a bigger audience.Congrats though on making it that far. A trip and free 10k is dang nice. A million bux would be nicer though.GL man

The first 2 blind levels will last 90 minutes in length. From there, blind levels will be 60 minutes in length. After the 3rd level of the day, any level that starts heads-up will last for only 30 minutes. next level 20k/40k and 5k anteFrom Final Table Rules: Player represents and warrants that Player has not entered into, and will not enter into, any understanding or agreement (whether verbal or written) with any other player at the Final Table with respect to the outcome of the Final Table or the division of any prize money between players at the Final Table, and Player further acknowledges that it is a violation of Final Table rules to enter into any such understanding or agreement. 8)

What do u all suggest strategy wise?Thanks!
Make a deal.Seriously, I know its against the rules, but nobody has to know. The other FCPer who is at the final table is definitely interested in some sort of a deal. Even if you would own just a small percentage of 1 other player, it would be +EV for you. Do you really want to be heads up or 3 handed and lose 990k due to a bad beat or a lost coinflip? That could put you on life-long tilt.As for strategy, you're going to have to gamble. Don't be afraid to flip coins, because 1st is all that matters. I know alot of people made fun of how Greg Raymer played in the T.O.C., but I think he played with an optimal strategy. He was raising lots of blinds, especially when the short stacks had the blinds. Raymer was able to build the largest stack at the table, mainly because others weren't ready to get in there and gamble early on in the tournament. He recognized that he had to gamble and wasn't going to 'outplay' the other players. Even if you are the best player at this table, given your stack and the blinds structure, you will have to use a similar strategy.Later on in the tournament, Raymer continued to raise pre-flop and was forced to call short stack all-ins with inferior holdings (10,9 etc) because pot odds dictated such. He was never a significant dog, and lost 4 or more coin flips. If Raymer just splits even on his coin flips, I think he wins the T.O.C. ESPN made him look like a donkey because they showed him calling all-ins with questionable hands, but what they didn't let you know was that he was making the correct calls according to math and pot odds. If you are in coin-flips, make sure you are the one forcing the action, and hopefully you are the one with the bigger chip stack. I would stongly recommend playing with the Greg Raymer strategy. Raise alot of blinds and don't be afraid to gamble. You will have to win coin flips in order to win 1st. If you don't get lucky, thats poker. Remember, don't lose by getting blinded down and be forced to jam with a short stack where you know you will get called. Obviously 10 handed you can be a bit more patient, but the table will shorten rather quickly and you will need to respond by gambling. Obviously for the first round or 2 watch how the table is playing. Then pick on the weak/small stacks blinds. Finally, if you are getting the right price to call....GAMBLE UP!!Good luck bro, AND MAKE A DEAL!!!

I also agree with hoosier. But don't deal until it gets down to 5 or 4. Try to double up early so that you have enough chips to just fold hands until it gets shorthanded, that's when players are most likely to deal. All of the players at the TOC were kinda glad that DN busted, cause then they could make a deal :-) , if there is a guy who is dead against a deal, hope he gets knocked out early. YOu have enough chips to play tight for a while, so don't do anything out of line and raise when you have position and get a chance to open. ALso remember, the short stack will either get knocked out right away or double up a few times. so, if he is in the blind and you get a chance to open, only raise with a hand that you can flip up for a showdown

I don't have advice on play, but from general observations:Don't try to do antyhing clever or witty if you aren't a clever or witty person...you don't want to be the next Dan Druff.Learn how to not care what other people say about you cause if you pull a tuan lee or danny nguyen you might want to be MIA in forums for a while.Make sure your wife is hot, cause if they show her on TV and she's not RGP will definately let you know and so will Dutch Boyd, especially if she has saggy tits. If she isn't hot, you might want to hire a stand in.If you have one of the worlds best players at the table, pleeeeaaaaaze don't say antying stupid like "I have a couple tricks up my sleave, or "i know how to play him". No you don't.Might want to avoid stupid table talk all together...there isn't anything more douchey then some unknown trying to get a tell from phil ivey by asking "so phil do you want me to call?".Also, the big Dan Druff conspiracy: Watch what you say in the interviews cause it can/will be chopped up to be taken out of context and make you look stupid, however, there are hundreds of people that avoided that but that's Dan's story and he's sticking to it.And one thing I took from all the WSOP commentary, don't play like you're just "happy to be there". People that have a chance at a big payday are so pumped with just being there, it doesn't hit them until months later how they blew a chance at a big payday and major title.