daniel's loosing his touch...

Hey Guys. I'm really happy for DAniel and all his "personal" success. But has anyonenoticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately???Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in. I think hisPersonal life and all the distractions of the CELEB Thing are really hampering his skills. I was at a Local Toronto Tourney (where Daniel is From) and all I heard was "Daniel Stinks" "Daniel has lost his touch" "I could beat him heads up" NOw I am A Big Daniel Fan so I backed him up teh best I could. BUt these guys were making some good points. He didn't even make 1 final table at the WSOP???He didn't even Play in the superstars event???What do you guys think......

Hey Guys. I'm really happy for DAniel and all his "personal" success. But has anyonenoticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately???Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in.
First hand of the tourny. Never played with him before. You're right... his read should have been bang on.edit: Sorry, first hand he got tangled in. Still... i'm guessing it was early on.
First hand of the tourny. Never played with him before. You're right... his read should have been bang on.
Yeah who doesn't get a read on someone the first hand... Out of touch w/ his poker game. Those headsup matches aren't even real poker anyways... (sw)
Hey Guys. I'm really happy for DAniel and all his "personal" success. But has anyonenoticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately???Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in.
First hand of the tourny. Never played with him before. You're right... his read should have been bang on.edit: Sorry, first hand he got tangled in. Still... i'm guessing it was early on.
i agree. it's early on and he still made a nice profit off the hand. people start with 10k in chips; my read was he came out up 3600 on the guy. so that's a bit more than 1/3 his starting stack in one hand from a player he didn't know.the real question is what dn would have done if the guy pushed all in at him.

Daniel just has variance's foot buried knee-deep in his rear. Nothing more.Even money odds that this thread is posted again before Friday, with almost the exact same wording, by someone with a 1 post count.EDIT: didn't mean for that to come out as harsh as it did. just seems like this has been brought up a lot.

But has anyone noticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately??? Probably not, because it hasn't been. You might not want to start off your career here on these forums by making comments that have no support at all. Just a tip.

Hey Guys. I'm really happy for DAniel and all his "personal" success. But has anyonenoticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately???Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in. I think hisPersonal life and all the distractions of the CELEB Thing are really hampering his skills. I was at a Local Toronto Tourney (where Daniel is From) and all I heard was "Daniel Stinks" "Daniel has lost his touch" "I could beat him heads up" NOw I am A Big Daniel Fan so I backed him up teh best I could. BUt these guys were making some good points. He didn't even make 1 final table at the WSOP???He didn't even Play in the superstars event???What do you guys think......
nice first post. Can tell you'll be a great addition to the forum. No he didn't have a great world series, he surely wasn't the only one. I assume you're talking about the Poker Superstars II, there was some reason he didn't end up playing in that, I think it was in his blog a long time ago. Anyway, given the structure of the tournament and the way DN likes to play, I doubt he would have enjoyed it too much anyway, as it's basically an all-in fest most of the time.
Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in. I was at a Local Toronto Tourney (where Daniel is From) and all I heard was "Daniel Stinks" "Daniel has lost his touch" "I could beat him heads up"
You asked what I think so here you go. . . .The first hand with AK against A8, if he would have gone broke on the hand, say the guy had the str8 or a set, the same people would talk shit about how he has lost his touch. With Daniel right now, there is no winning. He had a phenomenal year last year which is pretty hard for anyone to replicate. He may be distracted with everything else going on in his life, but no other pro has the amount of scrutiny in their lives as DN because no one else opens themselves up for this. Whoever the smart guy was that said they could beat him heads up, FYI, he has an "open" challenge to anyone! If that guy could take him for 500K, it seems like that would be a profitable venture for him to take on. Its not, he wont, everyone can talk smack with no reprecussions EXCEPT for DN because he actually steps up to the challenges. I think its sad the wrap that DN gets, but Im sure he is getting used to it. He is a great player and any player who had any sense whatsoever would agree that his 2004 is unsustainable for anybody in the long run. Im sure even DN would admit he could have had a better year himself, but loosing his touch? Ask Barry Greenstein if he has lost his touch? I would love to hear what a real pro, with real interaction with Daniel would say about his play. Until then, a guy with $500 bucks to go play in a Toronto tourney doesnt hold much credence with me.

Since this is a common problem...Loose:Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior. Not literal or exact: a loose translation. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.Lose:To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys. To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job. To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife. To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients. To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind. To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case. To fail to use or take advantage of: Don't lose a chance to improve your position. To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking about thermodynamics. To let (oneself) become unable to find the way. To remove (oneself), as from everyday reality into a fantasy world. To rid oneself of: lost five pounds. To consume aimlessly; waste: lost a week in idle occupations. To wander from or become ignorant of: lose one's way. To elude or outdistance: lost their pursuers. To be outdistanced by: chased the thieves but lost them. To become slow by (a specified amount of time). Used of a timepiece. To cause or result in the loss of: Failure to reply to the advertisement lost her the job. To cause to be destroyed. Usually used in the passive: Both planes were lost in the crash. To cause to be damned.

Listen guys, I am A Huge fan. I live in Toronto and playalot of tourneys here. I am telling you all he was being "sandbagged"By alot of chumps. I was sticking up for him the whole tourney. These guys were saying that Raymer has outclassed him in the last 2 years with his performances. I was arguing that if Daniel spent the same amount of time play that he did promoting , he would have Raymer beat easily. I don't mean to offend anyone I was just looking for feedback so when I go back on Sunday I Can give it to these guys. By the way alot of these players have played against Daniel including myself.If you don't believe me you can ask him how many time he got rivered at Funtime At the Armenian Centre in North YOrk?ps. I really don't care if you like my post or not?I was just telling it like it is in the T dot.

Listen guys, I am A Huge fan. I live in Toronto and playalot of tourneys here. I am telling you all he was being "sandbagged"By alot of chumps. I was sticking up for him the whole tourney. These guys were saying that Raymer has outclassed him in the last 2 years with his performances. I was arguing that if Daniel spent the same amount of time play that he did promoting , he would have Raymer beat easily. I don't mean to offend anyone I was just looking for feedback so when I go back on Sunday I Can give it to these guys. By the way alot of these players have played against Daniel including myself.If you don't believe me you can ask him how many time he got rivered at Funtime At the Armenian Centre in North YOrk?ps. I really don't care if you like my post or not?I was just telling it like it is in the T dot.
So basically, you are awesome at poker and never fold a draw? Please keep posting, especially in strategy, I need to learn from you Jedi Master! (sw)

It's sad to see how much people jump on and off the bandwagon. Everyone is used to to Daniel winning a lot of events since of his spectacular year in 2004, so our expectations are high but a little unrealistic. There is a lot of luck in these tournaments so you cant win 25% of the time, not even close. I know his expectations are high which you need to have in order to have confidence but if he wins 1 event, and makes 2 or 3 final tables a year, plus makes some money on his challenges matches, that's a successful poker player.It's funny people like Eric Seidel or Johnny Chan won't win a tournament for years and then when they win at this years WSOP they are geniouses again. When is the last time Chip Resse won a tournament, does he suck?

It's sad to see how much people jump on and off the bandwagon.  Everyone is used to to Daniel winning a lot of events since of his spectacular year in 2004, so our expectations are high but a little unrealistic.  There is a lot of luck in these tournaments so you cant win 25% of the time, not even close. I know his expectations are high which you need to have in order to have confidence but if he wins 1 event, and makes 2 or 3 final tables a year, plus  makes some money on his challenges matches, that's a successful poker player.It's funny people like Eric Seidel or Johnny Chan won't win a tournament for years and then when they win at this years WSOP they are geniouses again. When is the last time Chip Resse won a tournament, does he suck?
People who say stuff like what OP posted are recreational players or fanboys/girls who aren't out in the trenches everyday trying to make a living in this game. You'll never hear a cash game grinder, tournament pro, prop or whoever strictly plays some kind of poker for a living call a clearly successful, skilled player a fluke or suddently bad when they start running bad.

Hey OP, don't count yourself as a representative of Daniel's hometown's feelings based on what a couple people you may have talked to said.I guaren-damn-tee you, there's a helluva lot of support for Daniel in Toronto, and anyone who knows the game of poker knows that you can't win all the time.Daniel may not have had 100% focus on poker in the past while, because he's had a lot going on in his life with business ops, and oh uh...GETTING MARRIED!!!!The man has his priorities firmly set and anyone that knows remotely what he is about knows that despite a lack of tournament success recently, he's happy and we should all be happy for him.Definitely not criticizing him.

Hey Guys.  I'm really happy for DAniel and all his "personal" success. But has anyonenoticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately???Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in. I think hisPersonal life and all the distractions of the CELEB Thing are really hampering his skills. I was at a Local Toronto Tourney (where Daniel is From) and all I heard was "Daniel Stinks" "Daniel has lost his touch"  "I could beat him heads up" NOw I am A Big Daniel Fan so I backed him up teh best I could. BUt these guys were making some good points. He didn't even make 1 final table at the WSOP???He didn't even Play in the superstars event???What do you guys think......
My,my....You are quite the stupid one,aren't you?
Hey Guys.  I'm really happy for DAniel and all his "personal" success. But has anyonenoticed that his Poker Playing has been real shady lately???Take for example AK vs A8 and he lets the kid off the hook. In 2004 he would have had the guts and the READ to put him all in. I think hisPersonal life and all the distractions of the CELEB Thing are really hampering his skills. I was at a Local Toronto Tourney (where Daniel is From) and all I heard was "Daniel Stinks" "Daniel has lost his touch"  "I could beat him heads up" NOw I am A Big Daniel Fan so I backed him up teh best I could. BUt these guys were making some good points. He didn't even make 1 final table at the WSOP???He didn't even Play in the superstars event???What do you guys think......
bad-newbie-bad.jpg
yeah...those surreeee were some good points.

It actually shows great restraint on his part. If you have read his articles, comments, and read his blog and this forum, etc., and seen the way he plays, he is in that breed of very aggressive players.As early as it was in the tourney, it shows good patience to play it that way. Much better to win the pot even if, yes it might have been larger then to be wrong that one time and be crippled or even out of the tourney very early.Having that nice chip lead puts you in better shape than most players would be so early.

Dn's a victim of his own success. The Tiger Woods syndrome. He had such an unbelievable year last year in tourney play, it was pretty unlikely he'd match it this year. So, critics come out of the woodwork. Now next year or the year after, when he goes on a tear and wins 3-4 tourneys, then same guys, will say "boy I'm glad he regained his focus." :roll: It's variance man. Even if Dn were as likely as 5-10% to win any given tourney he enters, statistically he could easily go a very long stretch without even a final table. Doesn't mean he's lost a step.

yes, dn sucks so dont come back here....go to neverwinpoker.comthey have bonifide superstars there....dustin almost won a braclet this year...and druff is a great showman....not to mention that the fox network hired him to play corky in the remake of life goes on....